• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Cardiotoxicity of 3F-Phenmetrazine

dopamimetic

Bluelighter
Regarding the similarity of 3F-Phenmetrazine and Fenfluramine, both incorporating the PEA backbone and a 3-fluoro substitution, I wonder how bad this one will be ... when even 3-MMC is thought to be possibly toxic due to 3-substitution, then the 3F-phen is much more likely to be?

I know there is no data yet, but what could one extrapolate or speculate about how possible it will be a 5-HT2B agonist? Fenfluramine directly releases serotonin, while the first reports I've read from the 3F-phen don't suggest strong serotonergic action. But if it's a direct agonist, that doesn't matter.

Fenfluramine has a 3-trifluoromethyl substitution which is completely different from 3-fluoro, the latter is much smaller and even though it carries much negative charge, it may not even interact in the same way 3-CF3 does. The rest of the molecule is important for the binding too though, if there was too much bulk elsewhere, norfenfluramine (3-trifluoromethylamphetamine, it's the metabolite of fenfluramine that is a much more potent 5-HT2B agonist than fenfluramine itself) might not fit into the receptor at all, you can't judge molecules by comparing only their small bits.

Phenmetrazine is a bit more distantly related to amphetamine than cathinones. Anyway, I don't think 3-fluoroamphetamine or 3-fluoromethcathinone may be potent 5-HT2B agonists, a fluoro group is much smaller than chloro, bromo or trifluoromethyl groups, and the size of the 3-trifluoromethyl group in norfenfluramine certainly matters too in its binding to 5-HT2B receptors.

Last edited:
^ And THIS is why I love this site! Cardiotoxicity is my biggest worry with RCs...particularly the fluoroamphetamines I use daily. There's virtually no clinical data on some of these drugs, so answers like the one above are vital.

Hope to try 3F-phen some day :)

Very good question, since seeing this on sale at various of my regular vendors it's really caught my eye. Seems relatively cheap too compared to new chemicals, I expect this one to be quite popular. I too would like to know similar toxicity knowledge of this compound before I get stuck in too deep. Tried to do a bit of internet researching myself on this, and found that the parent compound has previously been referred to as a "mixture between Oxycodone and Methamphetamine". That sounds like a crazy mixture, but who knows what 3F-Phenmetrazine will turn out? Could it have roughly the same potency and effects, or something completely different?

Looking forward to trying this one out for sure.

I wish they'd come with Benzphetamine analogs. This is one drug banned since a very long time (original 1967 US Law, later for all countries in the UN 71 or 72 blahblahblah-we're-nazis-in-disguise-for-the-cameras "public servants" Authorization to Control Human Consciousness Law whatever. You know what I mean.

Like how I'd really love to try DET or AET, or DMT for that matter, I'm too lazy to extract it from several garbage bags of grass mowing lawns (some guy was caught doing that back a decade ago around here so I had to mention it heh), but yeah, I once had DMT but as pharmhuasca with the reversible MAOI antidepressant Manerix(moclobemide) and holy crap, you know when Homer Simpson sits on that Spinemelter 3000 massaging chair, it was close to that, I'd love to see it spark right away from smoking/snorting the crystal.

come on, make some 2-fb or something.

^^^^
please try to keep things on topic.
sand said:
and found that the parent compound has previously been referred to as a "mixture between Oxycodone and Methamphetamine"

No, this is not a fair characterization of phenmetrazine. I mean it's smooth, but not so smooth that it feels like it has mu-opioid activity to that degree.

ebola

I'm truely sorry, I was searching about this chemical (3F-Phenmetrazine) using startpage,y'know site:bluelight.org search term, and I didn't realize the thread was in this forum, I thought I was in OD ;)

Just by the name of the chemical, I can see that it's a derivative, if indirect of phentermine. Phentermine has proven to be cardiotoxic in indirect ways, not like cocaine is (which is direct). I've graduated as a chem technician in 2004 and did 2 years of a master's degree in chem engineering (but never finished it) after, so my rusty educated guess is that it would follow the same pattern. I've just seen this chemical appear in more than one vendor's catalogue. I'd be weary of it, but maybe it is just slightly dangerous like 4-mmc, but that's wishful thinking at this point.

I can see that it's a derivative, if indirect of phentermine.

It's not: phenmetrazine is not particularly similar to phentermine.

ebola

"A mixture between Oxycodone and Methamphetamine." I've heard this comparison a few times and it's absolute nonsense. Almost as bad as people drawing comparison's to MDxx and Heroin as if someone would waste their money putting an orally ineffective expensive drug in their pills. MDMA is STONING. "Nah man they were SMACKY pills" sigh.. does my head in.

Sorry for the off topic rant. I'm thinking of acquiring some of this only there's not a lot reliable information about.

>MDxx and Heroin

Lol, that urban legend barely took hold here. But I remember how much people feared "PCP" blotter, when what they meant was DOB blotter. When I asked em if it felt like "mess" (heavily cut pcp powder common in eastern canada) and they were like "no way man, this lasted over 25 hours! and was really unpleasant and it wouldn't end", then it's not pcp blotter idiots. Although there was actually PCP blotter (3cmx3cm hits) sold in my area back in the year 1999-2000, that was stupid lol.