• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

NO-vember '14 -- SL Gettin & Stayin Sober Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to all.

Now is the most difficult moment.... ALL my friends are high and drunk right now, Im in home solo traying to have fun without drugs.

Is the worst craving moment. Not craving at all, but I feel really bored and lonely. I can hang out with them, but I can't stay there while my friends are so euforic.

I need more time.

I have about 12 days

Still feeling awful
Massive akathisia
Suicidal thoughts

But I am going to make it this time

The worst is over now.

I wish it felt that way

I still can't sleep well

Still restless and massively depressed, flashbacks etc

I am hoping I can stay off it this time, because I don't think I can live through this again.

CH.

I feel the same way, I absolutely cannot go through another withdrawal… I almost didn't make it …. but here I am. Hold on - just give it a few more days. It will not stay this way… it just feels like it. I thought the symptoms were never going to end and I wanted to die. I was re-experiencing my trauma from the past, just thinking about them… felt like what I went through was happening in the same room… and seeing things out of the corners of my eyes. Realistically terrifying.

Then one day what seemed like this psychosis I was experiencing started to lift. The panic attacks went away, around day 13, 14. 15, 16 felt a little better. It took me a few weeks to feel semi sane again.

Hang in there no matter what. <3

About to hit the gym, kinda debated if I should go (I didn't yesterday but did the day before). I think I might be starting to get obsessive about it but oh well.

CH.

I feel the same way, I absolutely cannot go through another withdrawal… I almost didn't make it …. but here I am. Hold on - just give it a few more days. It will not stay this way… it just feels like it. I thought the symptoms were never going to end and I wanted to die. I was re-experiencing my trauma from the past, just thinking about them… felt like what I went through was happening in the same room… and seeing things out of the corners of my eyes. Realistically terrifying.

Then one day what seemed like this psychosis I was experiencing started to lift. The panic attacks went away, around day 13, 14. 15, 16 felt a little better. It took me a few weeks to feel semi sane again.

Hang in there no matter what. <3

Thanks man <3

I am having really bad panic attacks, suicidal thoughts, and can't sleep well

I have 14 days today

Yes I have

But I don't want to use any prescribed medications for several reasons.

Day 15 for me. I got better sleep last night. But I still feel awful and am suffering intrusive thoughts.

I am doing fairly well with just sporadic/non-daily marijuana use. I still don't have very many really good days but the bad days I have aren't as bad as they have been in the past.

Good point about not using prescribed meds. I did and it was helpful but then I had problems stopping the Lyrica. :\

87 days clean and sober, and now 4 days with no tobacco too...%)

Tomorrow I will break my sober state. Just only 1 day.

I have a big mafia dinner.

It doesn't even work anymore, anyway. Such a fucked up drug, even though it doesn't work, it's so hard to just let it go...

ive read a couple of ur other posts, and i swear its like ur in my brain, putting things into words that i never can manage to. im like 10-11 hrs into dt right now, and i know in just a few hours i can start my sub, but subs just dont do that much for me, they help with a lot of the physical, but pretty much none of the mental; my anxiety stays through the roof, cant sleep, way too emotional...blah blah blah anyone reading this knows what i mean no need to get too far into it. and so i think im about to go cop instead. i do this over and over, make myself miserable for hours waiting to take subs and then when im almost sick enough i give in and cop. im curious if anyone has any advice for me about this, or if i should just say fuck it and head to rehab, where i would have went a long time ago but none of my family knows anything about my habit even though ive been hardcore on first pills then herion for over 5 yrs.

So odd. I took my last sub dose at 6pm on Nov. 11. It is now 9 hours later and I feel fine.

Clearly not asleep but okay with it because I'm occupied. Sub is a pain in the ass.

So sick of big pharma. Deadset on letting go of this. Down to 6mg, switching to 4mg in a few days.

Good luck and congraty'all!ll

Haven't been posting here for about a year, but now it's time again. Since January I've been clean from opioids, only alcohol occasionally and I smoked weed once.

As always in fall, I started craving dope in septmeber but always could control my urges very well. Alas in the last few weeks it's getting really really difficult. I recognize that although I do a lot to improve my situation and keep me stable(Sports, keeping my paperworks up, meeting friends, caring for myself I also self sabotage by not speaking about my recent problems etc. It's like I try to leave a backdoor open so that in the end I relapse despite my efforts... it's so twisted and I do't have the heart to open up about it.

I already made plans about buying dope and consuming it, and the closer this date comes the sadder I get, cried yesterday about it und still I can't find the right words...

Status
Not open for further replies.