• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Taking Naltrexone 12 Hours After Opioids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runningfrommyself

Greenlighter
Swim has (unfortunately) had experience with naltrexone whilst still having opioids in his system. The result is HORRIFIC. To say the least.

Swim had been clean for months and was persuaded by his lingering addiction to use again.
So one night, he bought 3 oxy 30's and banged them. He was in a wonderland of dopamine and euphoria, and smoked cigarettes with a grin on his face for the remainder of the night.

The next morning, however, his mother requested that he take his naltrexone. He placed it in his hand, and tried to carefully cheek the medication without his mother noticing. Her cold eyes glared into his soul, and he accidentally swallowed the pill. Swim felt the pill sitting at the back of his throat, and because he knew of the impending storm he sprinted upstairs and threw up all he could. He was confident that he had dislodged the naltrexone 50mg from his stomach and was going to avoid the doom of precipitated withdrawals.

He was all too wrong.

It hit him like a ton of bricks. He just so happened to be looking in the mirror at the time, and he knew he had failed to dispel the naltrexone when he saw his pupils go from the size of bb's to pennies within a second. For the next 24 hours his life was a living hell. His sheets were soaked, but he was colder than ever, comfort was not an option, muscle cramps beyond anything imaginable, uncontrollable diarrhea, and restlessness plagued him.

Now, swim is no stranger to opiate/opioid withdrawals and has gone through them completely many, many times; however this was beyond anything imaginable. If regular withdrawal is described even remotely uncomfortable, than this could be described as being burned alive. It was so terrible, in fact, suicide crossed his mind many times.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT even touch naltrexone if you have opiates/opioids in your system.
It will be the most torturous experience of your life, I promise you.

Yeah...don't even look at them.
Bro. So with you.
I am currently under going this. Small H habit. Quit 4 days ago. Split a 8mg strip 4/2/2 consecutive days. Took 50mg naltrexone pill last night at midnight..within the hour..omg I nearly called for an ambulance. I have kicked cold turkey many times. Nothing and I mean nothing compared to how awful this was. By 5am. My unbearable anxiety began to settle (no benzos y'all). I was coming completely unglued, freezing, heart rate way high, pupils took over entire eye, things flying uncontrollably from every orifice. Was within minutes of calling 911 as the symptoms and intensity kept ramping up.

Managed 2 hours of "sleep" got up, Googled what the fuck just happened...I had no idea. Jesus. It's 18 hours later, feel relatively well. Stomach pain at times. Lethargic. Nose run. But overall much better. Yeah don't do this without heavy sedatives/benzos and maybe an observer. I swear I was strongly considering an ER visit at the peak..about 3 hours in. Bad move. Get clean. Stay clean. Fuck this nonsense

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME...UNLESS YOU ARE A MASOCHIST.

Status
Not open for further replies.