• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin, schedule 1, available as a research chemical ONLY????

fizzymk

Bluelighter
My dad sent me a link about heroin abuse, I read thru some of it, but I already know all this stuff, I saw it was listed as sch 1, but when I clicked on the little '1', in addition to the info about it being tightly controlled and regulated, it said it is mostly ONLY available as a research chemical...?? I never knew H was available as an RC...Am I wrong about this, or..?

If it is, seems like it would be extremely tough to get it, even as a research chemical, Im assuming they check you out before shipping you an ounce of pure pharma grade H!!!!

Anyone else ever hear this?

A research chemical is a substance used for scientific or medical lab research purposes. So it probably means that the only legal way to obtain it is for approved research.

In the sense of RC or 'novel chemical', Heroin is not generally considered an RC due to its well documented history.

The only way to do that research would be to have a DEA License that lets you play with Schedule I drugs. Similar to what Alexander Shulgin had. But just like him, you'd be aware of the politics surrounding such a license, and you'd likely chose not to play with politically sensitive drugs like heroin and cannabis (like Shulgin did).

You need a DEA license to do legitimate research with controlled substances. And it's not like they give them out very easily, you need all your facilities audited and a really good reason.

Most often on the internet "research chemicals" are actually slang for "grey market drugs".

Too bad they wizened up after Shulgin and now there is not much left to pursue :(

Also I doubt you will find heroin like one would a RC on some website.... Than again some people are stupid to use facebook or instagram. It is more about knowing people that are trustworthy unless they can get on the darknet, but that is a huge risk especially if one does not know what they are doing.

It's best to just get it from a dealer...

Although I'm sure you can get it somewhere on the Internets, as others have said, unless you have a LEGITIMATE licensed research facility you'll be breaking the law.

We use Diamorphine Hydrochloride for pain relief here in the UK, generally reserved for oncology but still a few other things such as treating dyspnoea caused by pulmonary oedema.

Heroin/diamorphine is a widely used pain killer by hospitals under circumstances such as Labour. My girlfriend for it about 4 months ago. This was in the UK though.
So not research chemical at all, controlled medical narcotic

Yeah, I figured there was more to this. Getting a DEA license nowadays would probably be nearly impossible if the person has had ANY documented abuse problems in the past.

This reminds me of a friend I knew few years ago, he was seriously looking into starting/ opening a small family owned and run pharmacy, first to make money from the business, but I think his primary idea was to have instant and unlimited access to about every kind of drug, I know of a few very small family owned pharmacies around here, one, the guy lives upstairs and has the actual pharmacy downstairs, the room is only about 30ft x30ft, older guy, but he is a licensed pharmacist and highly doubt he is user, although I guess he could be, since he is the owner, he COULD do whatever he liked with the drugs. and I bet an addict that opened their own pharmacy would kick up red flags pretty quickly, when they start ordering cases upon cases of oxy, Opana, and other powerful narcotics!

Im assuming though, even small family owned pharmacies are some how regulated and controlled, to prevent this sort of abuse from taking place.

If the mouse was not yourself that would be called animal cruelty.... In a way.

I dropped a 5mg tab of Diazepam on the floor and the house bunny ate it it was well fucked but ok in the morning after a good nights kip

fizzy, even if you have a DEA liscence the addiction will catch up with you especially since your the pharmacist not the doctor, inevitably the pill count will not add up and you will have your liscence removed like that, you might get away for a while working with others to have them rob your pharmacy and split the score...but even that is a temporary solution. At my family doctors office there is a pharmacy downstairs owned by an older Egyptian couple, this pharmacy was robbed for narcotics over a dozen times, the same guy everytime, until one day and he got 7yrs for a combination of charges while the driver got 2yrs.
Conclusion is don't even consider stepping foot in a pharmacy if your an addict much less working there as pharmacy technician or assistant or whatever, besides the logic firing step you may be facing criminal charges, so on. When I go to get my drugs and wait I can't help but do a quick scan with my eyes and when I happen to locate something like Diazepam 10mg or Bromazepam 6mg I start salivating.

Heroin (and other Schedule I drugs) are technically research chemicals, but you have to have a Schedule I license--which is very hard to get--to buy them, say from Sigma Aldrich, and even then, they are very expensive.