Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

AL-LAD 300ug - Experienced - Fun time, not what I expected

sackynut

Bluelighter
Howdy, I recently decided to pick up some AL-LAD from my vendor (very reputable) and give it a shot, since I am such a huge fan of legitimate LSD, and heard some reports that this was pretty darn similar. I know there are some people who are still interested in this chem so I figured I had some free time, I would post a report. I will make it slightly short and sweet, I'm not a lit major or anything, and don't want you guys to have to read loads of text to get the gist of what I am saying. Plus I intend for this to be more informative, than an interesting read.

As far as setting goes:
- I was headed up to a music festival (metal mostly) with two of my buddies for the night. Not generally my type of music, but still enjoyable depending on the band/song. My buddy (we will call him Alex) was worried about me tripping at a metal/hardcore festival, I assured him I was very experienced with psychs and that it would be a blast. Offered him some, he declined.

-I had ZERO drugs, substances, chemicals etc the entire day. No marijuana, alcohol, nothing not even caffeine. Just normal food. I planned on smoking weed once I reached my peak on the AL-LAD.

My background/experience with psychs
(I will leave out non-psychedelics for the sake of not looking like my blood is 80% drugs):
-I have done LSD (real LSD) only a few times, I have done mushrooms over 10 times, 2Cx's multiple times, MDMA, MDA, 5-MAPB, 5-meo-mipt, 4-aco-dmt all at least 2 to 3 times. I've generally never had a bad trip.

I was extremely excited about this because I had not had a good psychedelic experience in a long while, almost 6+ months, was looking forward to the music, and happy to be with my buddies because life had got me down recently.

Anyways, here it is:

I brought 3 tabs, 150ug each with me. I planned on doing two, and hopefully finding somebody cool to do the third with, or perhaps if the experience was underwhelming, I would take the 3rd. Well.... I lost the 3rd, somewhere in the parking lot like a complete idiot while I was tripping :)

0:00 (50 minutes into the car ride) The car ride was about 2 hours long, 50 minutes in to the ride I swallowed 1.5 tabs (I read that swallowing AL-LAD is best).
0:30 I decided, screw it! I put the other .5 tab under my tongue for about 5 minutes and then swallowed it. Total: 300ug
0:45 Very very minor come-up like effects, not nearly any anxiety which was nice. Body load at this point was very similar to the beginning stages of most any psych come-up.
0:50 Was convinced by my buddy Alex and Mike to light up a joint. Now I was sick with a lung infection, and should not have been smoking, but oh well. We smoked a joint while driving. Honestly, this had ZERO effect on my AL-LAD status/effects which bummed me out, and I started to get mad at myself for not waiting until I was peaking on the chem.

1:15 A little over an hour after ingesting the chemicals it was starting to creep up stronger. It was a strong come-up. Mild color distortion, a definitely change in my head-space and train of thought, almost no body load or anxiety, however there was really not many "visual" or physical effects at this point.
1:40 After smoking 2 more joints in the car, we finally made it to the venue parking lot. This is roughly 1 hour and 40+ minutes since ingestion of the first 1.5 tabs. At this point I was feeling it pretty hard. The come-up had almost finished its job, and I was near what I guess you could consider a "peak."
The head change was HUGE, slightly less body load than any other psych I've done, and much less anxiety. However, still no real strong OEVs, besides color changes, morphing of shapes, patterns and faces. Normally on a strong dose of LSD I am watching dancing men and spiders in the night sky. Not on AL-LAD. It was much more in my head.
That said, I was pretty "gone" at this point as we got ready to head into the amphitheater (my lack of being 100% there is the reason I somehow lost the 3rd tab). I was FULLY able to control my thoughts, actions, words, movements, etc, but the euphoria I felt constantly was awesome, almost like a strong MDA hit, but without any speediness.

2:30 about 2 hours and 30 minutes after ingestion I was pretty much peaking. Reality was coming in waves, my thoughts were deep, but not "bad deep" just deep in a nice comforting way. Again the euphoria was awesome, CEVs were 100% present, however OEVs were still rare and not that strong. Usually I get social anxiety in large groups, but not this time.

We ended up finding a group of people who traded us some of their weed for some water, because we finished all of ours during the car ride. This helped "up" my experience, bringing me to a full peak. The music and projected visuals came in waves, and while it was very very Dark and hateful music it did not bother me at all. Music appreciation was increase 100x fold. I think the only drug I have ever done with similar increase of music appreciation was 6+ grams of magic mushrooms, besides that, this AL-LAD trip was the highest amount of music appreciation I had experienced on a chem to date.

From that point on I pretty much enjoyed the artists that performed, smoked cigarettes and occasionally mingled with strangers.
I ended up falling in love with CCR because that is what we listened to on the ride back.

The peak ended and I started coming down about 4.5 hours after ingestion. The effects however lasted for another 6 hours. When I got back home, I was extremely interested in creating some music, unfortunately I had early plans in the morning and was tired from dancing/moshing.

I would have to say in retrospect of the whole thing:
-This was like a much more accessible version of LSD, and less "inside yourself" than mushrooms. Honestly, it reminded me a lot of 5-meo-mipt, but with less patterns and more actual morphing shapes/visuals.
-Less body load, and less anxiety than I am used to on any psych.
-Head change was present and for me positive, very similar head change to most psychs, NOT INCLUDING LSD (which is a beast on its own)
-Euphoria was great, honestly I felt better than most psychs I have done, like I said, there was a very similar feeling in there to taking a strong dose of pure MDA.
-Its effects on visuals, and how I "viewed" the world was no where near LSD at all. Like I said, this is a much more accessible version and would HIGHLY recommend trying 150ug to someone who is interested in trying psychedelics for their first time.

I was disappointed that 300ug did not produce a stronger outward visual trip, however that probably had to do with the weed I smoked, how much I smoked and when I smoked it. In all honestly, I probably only had 2 to 3 bowls of marijuana throughout the night.

Much shorter lasting than LSD, but definitely a "cousin" of the chem, more functional too.

I don't know, that's about it, I am always happy to answer questions. Like I mentioned previously this TR is mainly for informative purposes, not to entertain.

Peace
-Sack