• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Blending Supercritical Co2 Extracted Oil and Vegetable Glycerin for Disposable Vape C

high_note

Greenlighter
Hello,

I'm hoping anyone could be of help in offering solid methods in blending Supercritical Co2 Oil and VG. Tools, Techniques, Timing and other Ingredients is really appreciated. Our main concern is the two ingredients seperating back into themselves. Does anyone have a the secret to blending the two so that they stay mixed at reasonable ambient temperatures and under normal use in disposable vape cartridges.

much appreciated all! :)

"Our main concern"? Are you a new company looking for advice?
Here's my advice (though I'll give you some on vape cartridges too)--the market is saturated. Do something different. People who have rock bottom prices have already filled the market in every legal state.

But here's the trick to making a quality cartridge. NO FUCKING VG! NO PG EITHER!
This is medicine, keep that garbage out of the cartridge.
It doesn't give a better hit, it's just a cut to make your oil look like more.
Be a mensch and just put 500mg in each cartridge.

OR, here's a market hint, source a better cartridge from China. Everybody uses the same ones and THEY ALL SUCK. Even with a 500mg pure oil cartridge by the time you're 60% through the quality/taste/experience is starting to suffer. Find a 250mg cart that's good or a 500mg that works all the way to the end and you'll have a winner.

^^^ exactly what he said X2

CO2 Extracted oil should be some of the best product around, on it's own, please don't adulterate it.

You can get e-cig style oil vape pens that work quite well for pure oil, they're advertised as 'dry herb vaporizer', except most of them would burn dry herb. Similar to that awful snoop dogg thing, but there are better models. There are different models & new ones coming out, either source a good one or design your own if you're a company. Most of the current carts suck, but there's potential for somebody to make a good one. Finding one where it's possible to control the temperature is the main thing, you don't want it to start burning your product & it needs to use good materials that wont taint the flavour. When you've gone to that much effort you might as well make them cleanable/rebuildable/refillable & sell them separately to the oil.

It's not going to work well dissolved in VG or even PG in a standard e-cig cartridge, even if you could get them to mix, it'll gum it all up and/or be too weak to have any effect. THC is nowhere near as potent as nicotine, it's not going to work in cartridges designed for nicotine e-liquids no matter how good your mix is. You're going to need pure oil in a specially designed cartridge that can heat it to just the right vaporisation temperature without tainting it at all.

Last edited:
Look up wickless carts. There is a skillet by the vaped company that has no wick and a ceramic thing the coil wraps around. As many have said though the pen market is overdone and honestly it is not all that great. Your better off supplying people with stuff to dab.

Anyone else trying to make some carts for yourself?? Holler!

Well, I think it's a good idea. Reason being, cartridges seem to get that awesome taste for the duration of the cartridge, whereas some shatter or wax gives you a few tasty puffs, and then the rest of the bowl is a nondescript vapor. It still gets you floaty but with no real taste. Now I jus gotta figure out which supplies I will need. So far found some carts from china.

I'm looking at online sources for CCell cartridges. I'm considering using VG to mix with the various wax types I have. I'm thinking I could make some very weak carts, so big puffs will not get me too baked. Anyone else doing this activity?

I'm looking at online sources for CCell cartridges. I'm considering using VG to mix with the various wax types I have. I'm thinking I could make some very weak carts, so big puffs will not get me too baked. Anyone else doing this activity?
Instead of VG you could look into some terpenes, preferably cannabis-derived. I know some companies that just use terpenes and distillate/oil to make their cartridges.

Last I checked they can be pricey, but you only use a few drops per cart

Instead of VG you could look into some terpenes, preferably cannabis-derived. I know some companies that just use terpenes and distillate/oil to make their cartridges.

Last I checked they can be pricey, but you only use a few drops per cart
Thanks! Yeah, my gf was saying I would really be "screwing the pooch" if I add VG or PG to cannabis concentrate. So it looks like I should just buy some nice CCell carts and mix c02 distillate with some terps? Sounds like making your own carts is about the same price as buying them at the local weed store,lol. I guess at least when you make it yourself you know it's legit.. However, maybe terps are cheap, and thus my original plan to make my extracts last awhile could work after all?
Gonna go look at terp price.