• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Is Suboxone, Benzos, and Booze combined bad?

Stotched

Bluelighter
Me and my old lady are both prescribed 8mg of suboxone, twice per day. Lately we have come across a cheap source for any kind of benzo. I usually take a mg of klonopin as I am worried about the respritory depression I always hear about on this board.

lately, my old lady takesw 8mg klonopin, and drinks a lot of wine on the weekends. This allows her to catch a nod, however I kept worrying she was going to fall out, as everyone here says to NEVER mix them.

We have both been on suboxone for about 5 years now. I was thinking that maybe our bodies are so tolerant to the suboxone that it no longer matters if we combine benzos and booze with it, anymore than if a sober person combined benzos and booze. Or is the respiratory depression from combining multiple downers just over played?

Don't get fooled into thinking that just because it takes a *lot* to get fucked up, that you can't or won't ever fall out. If the situation changes, it can be something as simple as using drugs in a different environment, you'll still run the risk of respiratory depression.

The problem is it's impossible to tell ahead of time what a good or bad dose is. You have to titrate up yourself, if you dare.

Yes, this is why I started off with 1mg, but she insisted on taking one every 30 minutes til she felt it... even though klonopin takes a notoriously long time to kick in.

But, would being on suboxone for 5 years negate any CNS depression from the suboxone itself? For example, an opiate naive person who took that much suboxone and drank 2 bottles of wine would be fucked, but me taking 12-16mg of suboxone in a day, then drinking 2 bottles of wine, is the equivalent of an opiate naive person just drinking without the opiate?

Without a high tolerance for all of them, yes, bad.

Even with I still do not recommend.