• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Best Method for Cotton Shot When Sick

ksralyv2mch

Bluelighter
I know the whole idea of cotton shots is divided here on BL, what with some people think it's just a dangerous risk that is not worth it and some (myself included) see it as a very helpful, "life saving" tool for when you are sick or need to buy some time!

Now the problem I come into with it is if I am getting the most out of my cottons. I make sure to keep them in a sealed, sterile(ish) container after they have completely dried out (leaving them on the spoon to dry out after I use it to rub off all the "cut" and other stuff still on the spoon so the cotton absorbs it all for later)

The method I do for my cotton shot is:
  1. Put 100 Units of water into spoon (or less water depending on how many cottons, right now let's say for 4)
  2. Cook up just the water, so you're basically boiling water in the spoon
  3. Next I place my chosen cottons into the spoon
  4. Now sometimes I'll use the syringe cap to "juice" them but usually I don't
  5. I then find the "best" cotton out of the four I used and roll it on top of all the other cottons and suck it thru that one

I usually get a dark shot but it's transparent so I assume I'm not getting the most out of it. It does help with keeping away the sickness for a bit... and if I boil the water down low enough it's pretty dark and not transparent and those ones I really like..

but nothing beats a good ol' shot... but anyway... my question being:

TL;DR What, in your opinion, is the best way to prepare a cotton shot??

Drop them in an old syringe that you have removed the needle from. Backload or draw up a few units of water. Use plunger to squish every last drop of liquid out if cottons onto a spoon. Then draw up that liquid with a fresh syringe. You'll get a lot more that way

Drop them in an old syringe that you have removed the needle from. Backload or draw up a few units of water. Use plunger to squish every last drop of liquid out if cottons onto a spoon. Then draw up that liquid with a fresh syringe. You'll get a lot more that way

Thanks! that actually sounds like a real good idea, I will definately try that (I have like over 150 used syringes) \m/

The best way to do a cotton shot is, don't... or if you're really going to, plug it or something.

It sounds like you're not micron filtering so all those cottons have had plenty of time for any sort of bacteria or fungus to grow. You're not wearing a clean suit and the room isn't sterile, so nothing you handle is goiung to be actually sterile either...