• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin how do I deal with my needle cravings?

Tacoma

Bluelighter
So I wasn't able to stop doing the drug but haven't shot up for 6 months. I used to shoot up 3 times a day every day ever since I stopped I've been having really severe needle cravings. On my worst days I've used skin popping to try and get some relief. I really don't know what to do to cope. Any suggestions?

Look in the mirror and then tell yourself "I am so much better than this, what the fuck are you thinking, how did you get here, what happened to my life."

Worked for me, havent used a needle in many months despite overwhelming temptation.

$0.02

It's just hard. Especially when I accidentally find old bloody needles laying around. Temptation temptation. And I know skin popping can't be too good for me. Just miss the rush and extreme high it'd bring ya know

Not into plugging my favorites go from
1. Intravenous
2. Skin popping
3. Snorting
4. Oral

Smoking (vaporizing in reality) will give you a fast onset high. I've had anywhere from instant to a 2 minute wait (on some cut shit). Because of your heavy use as well you shouldn't too much difference in the high other than it feels cleaner, it gets a chance to get filtered this way.
Edit: The drug itself is bad news, needles are even worse. No matter what you get the same withdrawals though, doesn't matter how the drug is administered.

You rate snorting and friggin oral over plugging? Seriously man you should give it a try :)
I've never IVed h but smoking reaches the brain even before than if you mainline it IIRC, and some people claim they get a rush. If you have potent material as in you have to smoke little to achieve a good high I'd say it's totally possible.
And well yeah smoking is pretty much an almost instant high.
I also find the ritual of chasing that beautiful brown blob and the delicious taste of vinegar to be pretty addicting in itself :/

I'm coming up on 6 months clean (on bupe though) and I still get cravings.
The only thing that works for me is active recovery. If I could think myself out of addiction I would have a long time ago but the reality is I'm a dope addict and nothing short of radical, daily change keeps me away from my DOC.

You didn't mention what drug you're using but it's difficult to give you a HR response to your question other than consider taking a break or quitting entirely just because once you IV there's really no going back to the way it was for most people. On the other hand, nothing I say will convince you to quit if you're not ready.

I will say be careful with skin popping though, I've seen it go wrong many times and it's easy to get infection. I would clear out all the rigs in your house with a friend then avoid them entirely, don't even have them around. It's too easy to tell yourself you're just going to use subcutaneously or IM then you end up using IV. And there's a lot of risk for those other methods too if done incorrectly. If you do end up using syringes again use a new one for every stick and get sterile supplies.

If you ever have any questions about recovery you're welcome to PM me :)

Thank you. And btw I'd shoot every opiate out there I know Skin popping ain't good since I've already got an infection from it. I guess it just feels good to poke myself

I am not shooting up anymore because I am out of syringes. And also I felt like that was some how making me better

Dude IV is way better for you than skin popping. I just got an abscess drain shit fucking kills. Definitely recommend trying plugging. Also if your from north america the heroin here isn't readablely smoke-able.

I am from north America. I know skin popping is bad I think I already have an infection from it. It was nice watching those gross marks down my veins lighten up tho

You rate snorting and friggin oral over plugging? Seriously man you should give it a try :)
I've never IVed h but smoking reaches the brain even before than if you mainline it IIRC, and some people claim they get a rush. If you have potent material as in you have to smoke little to achieve a good high I'd say it's totally possible.
And well yeah smoking is pretty much an almost instant high.
I also find the ritual of chasing that beautiful brown blob and the delicious taste of vinegar to be pretty addicting in itself :/
I agree, Ive shot it in the past, but generally smoke it now, I usually put about a match head amount on foil, hold straw in mouth, fire it up and suck in the smoke, hold in as long as possible, I can feel it hit my brain instantly, after a few hits, all the withdrawl symptoms are gone, another few hits and Im feeling good. depending on the dope, I can usually get about 4 hits off one match head sized pile of dope when smoking it.

I have also grown to LOVE that kinda sweet, bitter taste of the heroin smoke!!

Nowadays, even when I see a piece of foil, or hear the sound of foil, I get all excited, but the same thing happens with needles and people who shoot it, even though our DOC is heroin, its almost like the tools/rigs used are also addicting, but it all boils down to the dope, without ANY dope, a piece of foil or needle wont do much for you.

Will I still get a rush? I miss it so much the feeling of my heart racing that intense high nothing can compare

^ it really would depend on your tolerance and amount used. But yes, smoking can produce a rush.

plugging is great! second time i used H i plugged it with warm water and loved it.

nothing homosexual about it, but if you are having severe needle cravings, do you happen to live in a city with safe injection zones? i personally do not, but a friend from the netherlands said they helped kick his needlephilia.

if not, oral syringe up the butt. feels good bro.

Not really into putting syringes up my ass.

each to his own.

I've had a quick look around old bluelight threads and this seems to be quite a common problem for many users (ex-addict Anthony Kiedis is clean but still shoots up a water solution everyday for the same reasons).

the preparation of the drug, either crushing up rocks, cutting lines, or heating junk can release huge amounts of serotonin and dopamine in the brain, sort of like when your a kid and you wake up super early on Christmas in anticipation for the 'presents'. its a sort of ritual. all I can suggest is talking to a drugs councilor about it.

the extent of my knowledge of shooting up is very limited, here are a couple of threads from other site which discuss needle cravings in-depth, I hope they help
https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91775
https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99817