• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin how do I deal with my needle cravings?

I've gotten three infections from the needle. By infection, I mean three blood infections. I use sterile equipment but my immune system is garbage [three autoimmune diseases].
I still am on it.

I have a huge needle fixation--the ritual, the rush, the everything. I live with daily pain and so feeling pain to no pain in seconds make me love it even more... My life would be absolutely different if I never started.

Having infections required me to give alot of blood samples and get tons of ivs which put my needle cravings at ease for now...

It´s really bad when they register. You see that blood coming in and a million thoughts go by.

Oh, fuck! My balls are turning green 8( Maybe I'm just trippin balls pardon the pun since I mixed some PCP and a few tabs of acid into the shot

hey man, there's a lot of idiots that peruse these forums.. they just MIGHT take you seriously.
and do it..

There is no cure for a needle fixation. Other than complete abstinence and willpower of course.

I used to inject my methadone take homes through an embedded canula. It was micron filtered, but still quite dangerous for my long term health. I wish I could say that my willpower enabled me to get over this problem, but truthfully it just kind of fell out of favor with me. Over time logic took control (thank god), and I realized that I was only hurting myself, and the const/benefit analysis was not lining up. I haven't injected for a while.

Some people inject water. I personally think that that's worthless, but people on this board say that it has helped them. You can only be pragmatic and keep trying whatever works for your.

Good luck, and don't do anything dangerous. Always use a the finest filter that you can use for your chosen substance.

Me. Too.
It is, unfortunately, a love.
and hate to the fokkin core of everything.

... and a +1 for rational thought. I'm lucky not to be dead considering the reckless abandon with which I've treated my body.

im from florida moved to san diego half mile from tj and miss the white h all this black is dirty i tried pluggin norhing happend i have used for 15 years off and on more on than off now im stuck basically on the mexican boarder with no job livin in the car cant pull my shit together to get medical to get free metdone any advice

Going from powder to tar is HELL on your veins. I did more damage in my 2 years out west , then all my years in NJ combined.

My needle addiction is horrible. I love the ritual: the cook, the fix, the shoot. Even the rinse. Just love it. I crave that more than I crave the H, honestly.

My needle addiction is horrible. I love the ritual: the cook, the fix, the shoot. Even the rinse. Just love it. I crave that more than I crave the H, honestly.

I have the same problem. Sometimes I worry I'm not shooting enough, and one of my good spots is gonna scar or collapse and I'll lose it. Seriously, I almost get real panic attacks over that.

I have tried using just water, cause I do enjoy the experience, the flash and all. But, with no head change it's just placebo.

I actually stayed off H for a few months simply by having something else to shoot (adderall). Just knowing I had an injection to look forward to that would make me feel better was enough to keep me off H. That is, until my doc stopped prescribing it. I was back on H within the month.

Last edited:
im from florida moved to san diego half mile from tj and miss the white h all this black is dirty i tried pluggin norhing happend i have used for 15 years off and on more on than off now im stuck basically on the mexican boarder with no job livin in the car cant pull my shit together to get medical to get free metdone any advice

I don't think you're in the right thread to ask this question, but then again, I'm not a moderator.
:\

Dude IV is way better for you than skin popping. I just got an abscess drain shit fucking kills. Definitely recommend trying plugging. Also if your from north america the heroin here isn't readablely smoke-able.

West coast dope is pretty much exclusively the readily smokeable fofm.