• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin how do I deal with my needle cravings?

You really don't want to end up one of those people who 'have' to inject solvent/water with nothing in it for the rest of your life, that's just asking for IV complications or an infection and you wouldn't have even been getting high so what is the point of people shooting water just to satisfy needle cravings. Shooting water never made me feel any better when I was needle fixated. I agree with the poster above, see a drugs counselor or find an IV support group.

plugging is great! second time i used H i plugged it with warm water and loved it.

nothing homosexual about it, but if you are having severe needle cravings, do you happen to live in a city with safe injection zones? i personally do not, but a friend from the netherlands said they helped kick his needlephilia.

if not, oral syringe up the butt. feels good bro.
Ive been wanting to try plugging dope, but havent done it yet and have some questions about it...

when you did it, how much dope did you use, how much water did you use? Im thinking I would buy one of those enemas and empty out the contents, clean the little bottle out so its clean and dry inside, then add a certain amount of warm water, then mix in a certain amount of powered dope...but not sure how much dope/water to use, dont want to end up wasting any dope or diluting it too much by using too much water.

Plus, wouldnt mixing dope with water, and then plugging it, basically just turn the dope into straight morphine, and/or have the same effect as just eating heroin?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:
Ive been wanting to try plugging dope, but havent done it yet and have some questions about it...

when you did it, how much dope did you use, how much water did you use? Im thinking I would buy one of those enemas and empty out the contents, clean the little bottle out so its clean and dry inside, then add a certain amount of warm water, then mix in a certain amount of powered dope...but not sure how much dope/water to use, dont want to end up wasting any dope or diluting it too much by using too much water.

Plus, wouldnt mixing dope with water, and then plugging it, basically just turn the dope into straight morphine, and/or have the same effect as just eating heroin?

Thanks for any suggestions.

hey man, plugging is an imprecise art and so many things factor into it. i'll try my best to explain.

first off, i only have access to no.3 heroin, which i mix with water. i don't know what area you're from, and what is available to you, so I'm just going to assume its no.3.

your best bet is to find the least amount of water which totally dissolves your chosen amount of dope ('cause who really wants an ass full of water). i didn't need that much water because i don't need that much dope, just make sure its fully dissolved, no grains. also, add a little citric acid to the water so your body will absorb more of it; just a tiny bit though or you will literally be in agony.

i use an oral syringe, preferably one with a longer end. you can buy an oral syringe at basically any pharmacy.

pertaining to the mechanics i'm not sure what plugging does to the dope, but the feeling is basically in-between insuffulation and IV. i find i tend to nod less, rush a bit more. after you've administered lie on your stomach or on your side for about 10 minutes, then your good to go!

I wrote a guide on how to prepare morphine for rectal administration, check it out. Plugging morphine is/was my go-to ROA.

Yeah, tricomb's guide has all the info you could possibly need, I've read it before. Tri, you got the link?

Anyway, since the OP said plugging isn't an option for them let's keep discussion on it pretty minimal.

I just wanna advocate the rectal ROA because although some people may be foreign to it, or don't like the concept, the rectal ROA saved my life and helped me slowly loosen the death grip of needle fixation that I lived with. All it started as was switching to syringes with no needles, that way I could get the rush of prepping shots, I just would administer the final solution via the rectal ROA still using a syringe, and eventually I was able to cut out the syringe altogether along with opioids.

^ Oh, I 100% agree, it's definitely a valid alternative to IV use and is without a doubt HR. I'm glad you brought it up :)

My post was more directed at fizzymk, it's great they're interested in plugging but because the OP isn't on board at this time I wanted to make sure they get the responses they need.

Thanks for posting that link. Your guide is a great, informative read.

I've read the thread on that guy who lost his arm that's terrible but I don't iv ambien and have never had a miss. But losing my arm has always been a fear of mine

Never say never. And Ambien doesn't have to be involved to get an access, infection, gangrene, etc.
But for me, IV addiction just robbed me of my life and will to live.

I know the dangers and have already had consequences from shooting it's just so hard to stop

ATTENTION skin popping is NOT a good alternative I just recently found out I have not 1 but 2 body infections from the shit stay away from it

ATTENTION skin popping is NOT a good alternative I just recently found out I have not 1 but 2 body infections from the shit stay away from it

even the term 'skin popping' insinuates a certain level of, god knows, death.

Never will skin pop again just got realised from ICU shit almost cost me my life

I will always love the needle, no matter how much it fucked my life. Till the day I die, I'll always love seeing blood pouring into a rig. I don't think you can really 'deal' with it aside abstaining.. Same with chasing OC's / Hareon on foil, even though I don't do opiates anymore, I'll still have love for it.. For some fucked up reason.

Having infections required me to give alot of blood samples and get tons of ivs which put my needle cravings at ease for now...