• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom after Oxy detox

lifterpuller

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I've been clean of opiates for about 80 hours, my DOC was oxy but I tapered with morphine, my last dose was 30mg of IR morph at 6am Monday morning.

Yesterday was probably the worst (I went to work big mistake) and suffered all day, last night I was very restless but my appetite came back. I feel okay today but still sore everywhere and lethargic.

If I took 5g of kratom would it just reset my withdrawals and I have to go through the last 3 days again? I'm a chronic pain patient and I just need some relief but it is not worth it to go through this withdrawals again. I feel like I have already gone through the worst and definitely don't want restart it but I also kinda feel like shit.

EDIT: I do not want to use opiates regularly ever again, unless my pain reaches untolerable levels that can't be controlled by other means

Yes, Kratom can cause physical dependence in some people with regular use. But to a much lesser extent than oxycodone. A lot of people switch to Kratom from a full agonist opioid to make the detox easier. Using Kratom shouldn't completely reset your withdrawals but it could lengthen the time it takes for you to feel normal again and WD free.

You've gotten through the very worst of it, unless you feel like complete shit it may be best not to risk it. Did you taper yourself or did a doctor? I would have done a full taper down to 0 personally but you're already through the first 3 days, you'll be okay.

Benzodiazepines are the best thing for a cold turkey detox, especially at night. Also, Google the Thomas Recipe. Even if you don't have a benzo, everything else is OTC. Hot showers and heating pads are great for aches and pains though I keep an ice pack nearby for when I feel hot. Do your best to move around, it really does make you feel better and sleep will be easier. Find a TV series to watch start to finish. Eat and drink frequently, 6 small meals a day worked for me. Fresh fruit and veggies especially as well as vitamins.

Do you have any support? Definitely consider hitting an AA or NA meeting. Here on BL Sober Living is a great forum. Best of luck in your recovery.

It will by no means take you back to where you were, but it could lenthen the recovery time a little bit. I mean are we talking one dose of kratom or a few days or weeks of kratom? I cant see one dose doing much harm.

Yes, Kratom can cause physical dependence in some people with regular use. But to a much lesser extent than oxycodone. A lot of people switch to Kratom from a full agonist opioid to make the detox easier. Using Kratom shouldn't completely reset your withdrawals but it could lengthen the time it takes for you to feel normal again and WD free.

You've gotten through the very worst of it, unless you feel like complete shit it may be best not to risk it. Did you taper yourself or did a doctor? I would have done a full taper down to 0 personally but you're already through the first 3 days, you'll be okay.

I did the taper myself, I went from an average of 40mg of morphine + 40mg of oxy, down to 50mg of morphene for a few days, then 40mg, then 30mg and then towards the end of the day the first time I just took 30mg @ 6:00am on Monday morning I could tell I was going into withdrawals while I was at work that day by 2:00pm and I was just fuck it Im riding it out. I called in sick to work the next day, but I worked yesterday (bad idea) and today (not so bad). I definitely feel a marked improvement from yesterday but I still feel pretty bad. I just want to not be in pain and function without Opiates!!!

Benzodiazepines are the best thing for a cold turkey detox, especially at night. Also, Google the Thomas Recipe. Even if you don't have a benzo, everything else is OTC. Hot showers and heating pads are great for aches and pains though I keep an ice pack nearby for when I feel hot. Do your best to move around, it really does make you feel better and sleep will be easier. Find a TV series to watch start to finish. Eat and drink frequently, 6 small meals a day worked for me. Fresh fruit and veggies especially as well as vitamins.

I had a very small of diazepam (7 2mg pills), gabapentin, and clondine which I got from my doctor because I told her I was coming off the opiates. I don't know if I mentioned this but I am a 16month+ chronic pain patient so all my meds have been acquired legally and prescribed. I could barely eat Tuesday and Yesterday but today I got my appetite back significantly.

Do you have any support? Definitely consider hitting an AA or NA meeting. Here on BL Sober Living is a great forum. Best of luck in your recovery.

My parents, gf (somewhat long distance, hasn't been with me during withdrawal), and doctor all are aware of what I'm doing. I don't know is an AA or NA meeting is right for me because I don't feel like I am addicted to these things in the typical sense, if I was pain free I would never even think about oxy again, the high isn't even close to worth the price you pay.

I don't know if this proves that I am probably not going to relapse but I was able to flush over 200 oxy and morphene (10mg) pills down the day I decided I was done and I have 70mg of morphene left that I planned to use to taper that I haven't touched, as well as about 100g of kratom.

Last edited:
I think you risk having a longer period of withdraw. But maybe it´s worthy. You will know.

OP I think you'll be fine taking kratom, just don't ordered a large amount at a time. You do have to watch yourself and understand that it has similar effects as morphine and you can also become dependent. Use it only when you feel you can not go any further and you must have something. Then use a little and move on with your life so to speak..

When I tapered off oxys I would keep some vics around and then when I ran out of vicodin I ordered some kratom online. I still have some of it, and that was over a year ago. For me the high wasn't as good as oxy, but it was good enough to scratch the itch so to speak. I think it served for me as a mild stepping stone back to solid ground. EDIT: high doses always made me sick as well, so it served as its own cap. beyond a little buzz I would be puking it up and feeling terrible.

I think most of what has been said previous in this thread is also true, so proceed with caution and know your own intention.