• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Eating iso hash...?

iodo

Bluelighter
I've looked everywhere and haven't quite got a definitive answer.
Is iso hash orally active? I decarb my bud before washing it. Could I just put it in a cap and eat it? Or would I have to cook it into a fatty substance?

cooking with hash is better and awesome.

break into little bits and stick it in butter/oil and you got some high powered baking to do bro.

I agree, it would be better, but I only have .5 or so of iso so I was wondering if I could just eat it strait rather than having to cook it into something.
Firecrackers have never worked for me and I don't want to loose hash in the process of cooking it, I'd rather cap it and eat it if possible.

Most certainly it's orally active if the weed you made it from has been decarbed. The gelcap is a pretty good idea because you don't want to chew it, gets stuck to your teeth. :D

But maybe the it could be absorbed by the body better if it was dissolved into a fatty substance? Is that the real question here? I don't have a definite answer for that.

How much would you really lose by heating up some butter/oil with the hash and mixing them together? If the weed was decarbed already you don't have to do some long cooking process with a lot of heat. Spread it on some toast or whatever. :D Or into those gelcaps?

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to take it right after work and didn't have time to prep it this morning.
How much would I really gain by heating up some butter/oil with the hash and mixing them together would be my question. If it's not too big of a difference then I just want to eat the hash, my roommates aren't too fond of me making edibles in the house :/

But if it truly will make a difference (like, 50% more effective or w/e), then I'll make it when they aren't home.

It's not that simple. The fat making it more readily absorbed is not a case of (just) being more effective but about the onset of effects, how long they last, and how high the peak is... Just like with smoking vs eating.

Apparently the type of fat used makes a difference too because it changes how THC is metabolized, if the info here is correct that is: http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/993543-first-time-making-brownies.html

You could try putting some vegetable oil into the cap with the hash, not sure how effective that'd be but i'm sure it'd be a little better than taking it without any fat. But if your looking to really potentiate it, I would suggest getting your hands on some lecithin (liquid or granulated, liquid if you cant apply much heat) and throw that in the mix. I've noticed that adding lecithin to my edibles makes it so a lot less thc is required to get high. I guess it helps make it more bioavailable by increasing its solubility (lecithin is an emulsifier).

My overall suggestion would be:
Put the hash along with some kind of butter or oil into a small glass container, like a jar, and apply a little heat (you wont need much since youre essentially working with pure thc) until the hash is dissolved into the oil. You really dont even need heat but it will greatly speed up the process. And if you can get some lecithin at your local health food store then that will definitely make a noticeable difference. Also, lemongrass essential oil contains myrcene in it which slows the metabolization of thc (mangoes have myrcene too, which is why people say they make you higher). So if you wanna get super fancy add at most ONE drop of lemongrass essential oil per dose, as it is very very potent