• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Couple of modafinil questions

Berdo tm1

Bluelighter
My friend taking pity on my plight has gvien me some modafinil. The effect profile sounded great- i very light version of amphetamine. The big downside i see though is that humoungous half life.

I dont like anyhting lasting more than 4-6 hours these days.

Im worried that if i try it if i didnt like it ill be stuck on the train for hours and hours not being able to get off till it says so.

I have some kratom if i got anxious but i worry that that too might increase the anxiety with that damn stimulant effect. Ive got some picamilon ordered tho which seems great for a mild anxiolytic which dont hold the trappings of the other gaba drugs.

Also my father has some thyroid problems hypo or hyper foget which, im worried that if im predisposed to that due to heredity that modafinil could trigger it, is this a reasonable concern?

So im still undecided whether i wanna bother with it or not. It does sound like the positives would be great for me- a nice clean dopamine boost to allow me to get some shit done but concerned about possible negative reactions and that ghastly half life.

I'd recommend only taking it immediately after you wake up that way, you won't have too bad (possiblely any) insomnia. I would skip the kratom or take a very low dose, as you seem to be slightly a hypochondriac no offense, and might not tolerate the stimulant combo- I've never had a problem mixing it w stims though but it will raise you BP and heart rate more. Instead I'd reccomend l-theanine and chamomile tea as an anxiolytic/mild sedative.