• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Vicodin Withdrawal/Dependence Question

roberr

Greenlighter
Hello, all.

I have been prescribed Vicodin for tooth pain. My question is: If I take 10/300 to 20/600 for three or four days and then stop for three or four days, over the course of one or two months, will this produce any significant withdrawal or dependence?

FYI, I'm not a stranger to withdrawal (alcohol), so I know what withdrawal from a substance can feel like.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Not at first for an average person that hasn't been dependent before, it won't cause significant dependence. If you try to do that every week you'll definitely start having withdrawal. Sounds as though you're already psychologically addicted.

I can't deny that I do enjoy the feeling. However, I've read enough about opiates to know that withdrawal can be extremely severe. That is the purpose of my original post -- I hope to minimize, if not eliminate, the withdrawal I may experience.

You say you have 10/300s? And 20/600s?? I've never heard of those strengths before.

So you are looking for a taper plan basically??

^no dude he's not looking for a taper plan at all. He's not dependent and asking if his dosing regiment will keep him that way.

IMO, no. But the trick is sticking to the schedule. We start out with the best of intentions, but . . . .

Just sayin'.

Oh I see now he wants to know how to use them without addiction occurring. I thought he wanted to know how to get off the pills once he is no longer prescribed them.

Its tough to do especially if you enjoy the high but I would say to use them only when the pain is unbearable and no more than 2 mabye 3 days in a row. You have an addictive personality I take it so its very possible you will stray off course but this isn't something we can really help you with its up to you to control yourself. Do you talk to your doctor about your concerns regarding taking this addictive substance for so long?

Most people can use their meds as prescribed or with control and not get a heavy addiction/dependance but there are the people who have addictive personality's and end up hooked. Its kinda hard to use them for legitimate pain in this way unless the pain comes and go's your going to be in alot of pain.

Its hard to say for sure whether you will lose control just treat these things with respect and never underestimate their ability to destroy your life.