• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

No idea where to put was curious about the legal status of a project I am working on.

Transgender Panda

Bluelighter
I have been writing a book about drugs (nonfiction) I highly doubt I would want it published or even pursuing that, but I must say I have put a lot of work into it. It is mainly just a means of educating myself with harm reduction. It includes just about everything, such as legal status in various countries, manufacturing techniques, dosage charts, effects, history of use, ld50's, pill id's chart, drug test information, advocates for the use of, people of the drug movement and histories of the drug revolution in different parts of the world. I am finishing a section now on the history of drug usage in general and their effect on cultural evolution and the evolution of consciousness. Pretty much like a hard copy of erowid lol.

My main concern with attempting to write it and possibly publish it for free download one day or a small fee for my work is the fact that it contains methods of manufacturing hard drugs with the possibility of "Conspiracy to manufacture" charges hanging over it. Is there any fancy way I can make this happen without feds saying "You can not write about this!" I would think freedom of speech applies here but for some reason it seems like on of those things you are not allowed to do. Is this just the overhead taboo of drug usage that is clouding my judgement for paranoia or is there some grounds to be concerned?

To clarify I am not asking legal advice but more of if it is just allowed or not to write about. I might be putting the cart before the horse with the dream of publishing it even but it is always good to understand the possibilities if I so choose to.

Thanks.

you can write about whatever you want but...
maybe certain people shouldn't know these secrets.
Have we learned nothing from Breaking Bad> lol.

perhaps some parts should be fictionalized or not mentioned... like names for starters..

Search for a catchy title and legal advice.
Actually legal advice first, then go ahead and choose a title that can be interesting enough to get some attention.
Definitely, yes it should be fictionalized.

Last edited:
No I don´t think you have as much freedom of speech as you might think.
We live in a different time. The so called "Freedom of Speech" is not what it used to be.