• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin powder vs. tar

Slimmsadiee

Greenlighter
So I have only ever shot up tar heroin before and ever since I've moved the only thing i can get here is the powder heroin. Which keep in mind this is my first time using in like six months but like when i shoot it up it will make my veins swell around where i did the shot and it looks like i missed but i didn't i still got a rush immediately after and it just gets really red and hot where you shot it up at and it will make your whole arm get really itchy its bizarre and ive never had it happen before it happens to my boyfriend too when he does his so just curious what yall think? im not worried or anything just curious as to what it could be maybe because my body isnt used to it?

Last edited:
It's whatever it's cut with, it happened to me about 50% of the time with tar.

its probably an allergic reaction, or a partial miss. also, it depends on where you are injecting ( arms, hands, feet?) . every time i inject in my hands, there is always some sort of swelling probably because there are so many blood vessels in a small area that are ruptured when you go in, also i get more swelling when i inject into the vein in my armpit and the back of my knee, idk why though....swelling can also result from hitting in a spot where you inject often. i get it too when i inject somtimes, but it eventually goes away in 10mins. as the person above me said, the cuts could also cause swelling if you are allergic to them aswell.

remember to always practice safe IV techniques such as using new needles, sanitizing the area, etc.. i would also like to ask if you are heating your heroin and water solution before you inject it? i have never injected tar heroin but i know that it is the exception to NEVER heating a solution because i have heard that it is almost impossible to dissolve in water without some sort in heat. however, powdered or rocked up heroin should NEVER be heating. it doesnt even need to be, all it will do is dissolve all those nasty cuts into the water which you will inject into your arm. this can cause complications such as pulmanary embolism, pulmanary edema, etc...

Last edited:
I only get powder...don't shoot. But that shit can be cut with so much . I look for the smell a vinegar though at least to me I know every time it smells like that it's decent

The posters above are probably right its most likely the cut. You said the same thing happened to your boyfriend did he use the same dope? Is it just itchy and red? How long does the reaction generally last for? Is the dope very strong or can you tell its cut to shit. If its really strong dope it could also be a histamine reaction from your body not being used to it. If it gets concerning then see a doctor but it doesn't sound like its causing you very much greif at the moment.

I only get powder...don't shoot. But that shit can be cut with so much . I look for the smell a vinegar though at least to me I know every time it smells like that it's decent

smell, texture, color, etc are not indicators on whether heroin is good or bad heroin. there is no way to tell the purity of heroin until you test it yourself or do some chemistry shit lol.

meaning just because it smells like vinegar does not mean it is good. just because the heroin is white, tan, grey, dark brown, etc... does not mean the heroin is good, or bad.

street drugs, such as heroin, vary considerably in potency, thus it is always a good idea to do a test shot or snort a little bit before you snort some railroad tracks.

smell, texture, color, etc are not indicators on whether heroin is good or bad heroin. there is no way to tell the purity of heroin until you test it yourself or do some chemistry shit lol.

meaning just because it smells like vinegar does not mean it is good. just because the heroin is white, tan, grey, dark brown, etc... does not mean the heroin is good, or bad.

street drugs, such as heroin, vary considerably in potency, thus it is always a good idea to do a test shot or snort a little bit before you snort some railroad tracks.

I know you're right...the few times I use I just hope to god it's more pure then poison lol

I do do small bumps to test..doesn't menas it's not cut though. What's a good regnant test product for herion?

^ i HIGHLY doubt you will ever find PURE heroin on the streets. anyone who says that is PURE is an idiot. same goes with people saying that molly is pure MDMA. omg i want to fucking smack people who say that they have pure MDMA or pure cocaine or some shit .

a reagent for heroin? dont waste your time and money is my advice. i suggest just not doing heroin. picking up a heroin habit was like the WORST decision i have ever made in my life. i am no longer physically dependent, but i still havent been able to put it down for a couple of months. the past year has been like this: 3-6months without any, then pick up and use 2-4 times a month. and it fcking sucks. i wish i could just put it down for good. nothing fucking good comes from heroin.

Yes I spent a 8month addicted and I plan stop in for good thank you my friend though for caring

I would stay away from powder, in any drug. Stick with the tar if you can find it.

I would stay away from powder, in any drug. Stick with the tar if you can find it.

Why is that? Powder is usually easier on the veins and less acidic. There is plenty of tar out there which is complete crap not just powder.

I've only ever been able to get powder in my area, so I can't really compare it to tar.

Why would you ever want to use tar over powder? Tar is obviously filled with impurities not to even mention the cut that's put on it. Im in Detroit and all we get is powder, when I was in Oakland and SF the tar made my arms tingle and go numb after a month of using that shit. Powder just seems to be the purer H your going to get. Why would I want to shoot a black gunk of goo in my arm if I could put a few drops of water on a good powder and watch it dissolve without any heat? Give me a ticket of powder any day. That's not to say I have not had some great tar but it just seems unhealthy more than anything.

I actually only did far because that's all you get in Texas and now I'm getting powder and it's really strong shit it actually isn't happening as much I suspect it much be a histamine reaction of some sort because it's slowly going away for me my boyfriend it's take him a little longer but I think partially it's him missing on himself I def like powder better I did notice tho like when I shoot it, it has a slower rush than tar