Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM polistirex (760mg) - First time

Behappystayhappy

Bluelighter
First dxm trip
Friday after school, went out with friends and bout a 148ml bottle of orange flavored delsym. I made sure the only active ingredient is DXM. Although I didn't know it was dxm "polistirex." Contained 30mg of dxm every 5ml. That's 6mg every 1mg. 6x148 is 888mg of this dxm. My friend had 20ml of the bottle because he wanted a light buzz feeling (we honestly did not know much about the effects other than we heard it made us feel a chill drunk.) but it did nothing. I just kept talking shots of it until eventually I had the other 128mg. I felt light headed and colors felt a little bright for like 10 minutes. I was getting exited expecting some huge trip (never had a psychedelic in my life) but that feeling went away. After about 45 minutes I honestly completely forgot I even had that and I thought it just wasn't gonna do anything. During that 45 minutes I ate a sandwich. I was with a group chillen and my mom picked me up (I am not a child, I just didn't drive to school today.) and my stomach starts feeling horrible. I never felt so nauseating. I told my mom I was gonna throw up I opened the car door right when I did. Thankfully I can control my vomiting and didn't get anything on the car. But I threw up 6 times total and it was all that sandwich. I told my mom It was good poisoning and she thankfully believed me. My pupils were temporary huge at that moment but after that they were normal.As we started driving home I started zoning out as if I just smoked but it felt different. I got out of the car feeling extremely drunk and high together. Based on experience I can usually walk and hide my high well but on the inside I was a wreck. I sat in my room for about an hour Facetiming my brother. My talking was pretty normal but what I was saying made no sense. I walked ok but again it was about as hard as it would be as if I took like 8 shots. I didn't feel horrible or anything but I definitely was a mess. I had no visuals. Only CEV's. I dressed up and went to a football game with my friends and just said I was twisted and they believed me. I weigh 60kg, consumed 760mg of dxm but I probably threw up most of it so I don't know exactly what plateau I was at I'm assuming between 1-2. Thoughts? I want feedback of what to do and not to do next time.
Questions:
How much do you think I had?
Was this overall a good idea
Next time should I do dxm hBr
Dangers of dxm polistirex?
I didn't have a meaningful, extraordinary trip, just a drunk/high feeling with CEV's and audio illusions. Is that what a dxm trip usually is?

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dxm
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_firsttime
exptype_neutral
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
First dxm trip
Friday after school, went out with friends and bout a 148ml bottle of orange flavored delsym. I made sure the only active ingredient is DXM. Although I didn't know it was dxm "polistirex." Contained 30mg of dxm every 5ml. That's 6mg every 1mg. 6x148 is 888mg of this dxm. My friend had 20ml of the bottle because he wanted a light buzz feeling (we honestly did not know much about the effects other than we heard it made us feel a chill drunk.) but it did nothing. I just kept talking shots of it until eventually I had the other 128mg. I felt light headed and colors felt a little bright for like 10 minutes. I was getting exited expecting some huge trip (never had a psychedelic in my life) but that feeling went away. After about 45 minutes I honestly completely forgot I even had that and I thought it just wasn't gonna do anything. During that 45 minutes I ate a sandwich. I was with a group chillen and my mom picked me up (I am not a child, I just didn't drive to school today.) and my stomach starts feeling horrible. I never felt so nauseating. I told my mom I was gonna throw up I opened the car door right when I did. Thankfully I can control my vomiting and didn't get anything on the car. But I threw up 6 times total and it was all that sandwich. I told my mom It was good poisoning and she thankfully believed me. My pupils were temporary huge at that moment but after that they were normal.As we started driving home I started zoning out as if I just smoked but it felt different. I got out of the car feeling extremely drunk and high together. Based on experience I can usually walk and hide my high well but on the inside I was a wreck. I sat in my room for about an hour Facetiming my brother. My talking was pretty normal but what I was saying made no sense. I walked ok but again it was about as hard as it would be as if I took like 8 shots. I didn't feel horrible or anything but I definitely was a mess. I had no visuals. Only CEV's. I dressed up and went to a football game with my friends and just said I was twisted and they believed me. I weigh 60kg, consumed 760mg of dxm but I probably threw up most of it so I don't know exactly what plateau I was at I'm assuming between 1-2. Thoughts? I want feedback of what to do and not to do next time.
Questions:
How much do you think I had?
Was this overall a good idea
Next time should I do dxm hBr
Dangers of dxm polistirex?
I didn't have a meaningful, extraordinary trip, just a drunk/high feeling with CEV's and audio illusions. Is that what a dxm trip usually is?

Sorry I'm not replying to your question?But would you recommend doing the same as you? And if so should I take it now so that way it effects me tomorrow in the day? Sorry to add more questions lol

But yes I have heard it is a more trippy experience with dxm hbr, but I have the same situation you had

But yes I have heard it is a more trippy experience with dxm hbr, but I have the same situation you had