• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Anyone else have this problem with bupe?

watermellon

Bluelighter
So I just recently switched from shooting .5mg 2x a day to taking 2-3mg subL because I don't want to fuck up my veins anymore. The problem I'm having is taking it sublingually is making me constipated, not as bad as when I was doing a bun a day but it still makes me feel uncomfortable. When I was booting it I was regular, like 2-3 times a day no problem. Now its every other day, I know a lot of you would kill to be able to go every other day but when your used to going 3x a day then suddenly down to once every other it fucks your shit up, pardon the pun lol.

Do you think its because the half life is shorter when you IV it? I would have to dose every 12hrs or id start feeling wd but taking it subL I can go 36hrs before the first signs of wd even start coming on. Since I made the switch I've been eating a lot more fiber and fruits and that hasn't really made a difference. I just want to know if anyone else has noticed this before? I'm really considering buying some micron filters and going back to iv if lowering my dose doesn't make a difference. But im on a pretty low dose already, most days I only take 2mg and 3 if im having a rough day. I would of thought it would be the opposite, like when I went from snorting dope to shooting it made my constipation worse

The constipation will go away within a week or two of taking it.

Just give it some time.

Make sure you are well hydrated as well as eating fibre.
Additional fibre in your diet without adequate hydration will cause worse constipation. There are other options too - such as using stool softeners and the like.
The risk and potential complications associated with the IV ROA really aren't worth it, especially if your reasoning for going back to shooting bupe is to prevent constipation.
There are much safer ways of ensuring healthy bowel movements, not to mention the fact that there are other ways to consume buprenorphine other than IV or sublingual, if that isn't working for you.

I've been eating plenty of fiber and drinking about 8-10 16oz bottles of water a day, my piss is almost always clear. But your right I don't wanna go back to Iv. I'm gonna try to get down to 1mg a day and see if that helps any. I really want to get off bupe but I need to find some benzos first because I cant afford to miss work and benzos will help me be functional. I work 12 hr a day and cant be worthless, I have a high pressure job

This is one of those topics where people buy into the myth.
If your constipation is opiate- related, fiber and natural laxatives DO NOT WORK. Really. The fiber just makes it 10x worse bc now you have even more hard stool to pass .
The only thing that works are real stimulant laxatives . Milk of magnesia works. If you are totally stopped up, try 2 tbsp, and then once you go, take 1-2 tbsp every second day.
Don't even try with prunes and all that jazz. Trust me- you need hard hitters for opiate constipation!!

Eta: if your problem isn't dire, senna may also work for opioid induced constipation. Try adding it to your nightly regimen. Senna takes longer to work than milk of mag.. But might be a better long term solution.

Last edited:
It's probably because you just tripled your dose. The BA is really high sublingually, it just takes longer to kick in.

I don't think daily senna is a good idea, its going to rid you of the few little bits of nutrients you're able to absorb already being on sub. Maybe a daily double dose of stool softener and more water.

It's probably because you just tripled your dose. The BA is really high sublingually, it just takes longer to kick in.

I don't think daily senna is a good idea, its going to rid you of the few little bits of nutrients you're able to absorb already being on sub. Maybe a daily double dose of stool softener and more water.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the BA of subL bupe was in the 30-40% range? I deff don't consider that to be a high BA. I know zubsolv has a higher ba than the suboxone strips (what I get) if that's what your talking about? I'm betting max its probably 45-50% and that's really pushing it. There's no way I tripled my dose, most days I only take 2mg and 3mg on the rare occasion I have a bad day and feel like copping some raw. So even on the high at 50% 2mg=1mg IV but I find its more like 3:1 ratio

You are right watermelon, the Sublingual method is around 32 percent bioavailabiltiy, I'm guesing the constipation is coming from the longer half-life, cuz when you bang it the half life goes down DRASTICALLY(but you do use way less.) Have you thought about plugging?? You could save more of your meds and your veins, they say with plugging the bio is 52 percent or something like that(could be a little higher, kinda feel that number was just thrown in there.) I get bored on Subs and have changed my ROA many times from shooting(crazy to make one strip last over a week!!!) but switched to Plugging again now, and under the tounge when I don't have time to go through all that..just make sure you are clear, it works better than under the tounge(feels the same you just use less.)

That's what I was thinking cuz the half life is so much longer. the last few days I've been able to lower my dose to 1.5mg (1 in am and .5 at night) and its helped quite a bit. Im back to going once a day. Been feeling a little sick in the mornings but its not that bad, waking up earlier than usual with the sweats and runny nose and sneezing but I should be stable in a few days. My goal is to get to 1mg a day and be stable on that for a while before I begin to taper. Already been on subs year and a half with the last 6 mos totally dope free. probably going to stay on sub for another year or so, just not in the right mindset to taper off now, too much other stuff going on in my life.

Please help. Forgive me if this is not where to post but I'm very confused by the user interface of this site. I have an urgent matter regarding suboxone withdrawal. Please respond thank you

I have to chose a thread prefix. OK. Where how?

Its not that hard you just choose a title and where to put it ie HR, opioids , heroin then type out your situation in the first post then give it a little time and people who relate to you will try and help you out :) Most people here are not judgemental in anyway and only want to help although there are some idiots if you get nasty feedback just report it using the exclamation triangle in top right corner of each post/comment :)

Peace and welcome to bluelight :)

There are two options: one: title
Two: message
I choose a title. I then compose the message body and hit submit. It says I must choose a thread prefix. I don't understand what this means. I keep trying.

There should be a box above the title that says prefix if you click on that you can choose what drug it is you need info on do it shows next to your question. This way someone experienced in say opiates can look on the forum and say hey there is a opiate question I'll answer this woth my experience in opiates.

You still struggling skyrim? Just post what you want your thread to say here and I'll start a new one for ya buddy.

You'll be good bro, just drink a lot of water, juice and stuff, excersice on the reg, and use your afrin every 5 Goddamn minutes! Fuck this stuff man!

flax seed oil!! works like a fucking charm, i will usually be able to take a real shit ( not some little rabbit turds) about a day or two after i take the opiates with using this flax oil. in addition it will help with decreasing excess estrogen levels in your body from using opiate, and it is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids. when i was on suboxone, i used to get soooo constipated, like maybe taking 0-2 shits a week. sometimes it wouldnt shit for like 7+ days... but when i started taking 1-2 tbsp of barleans flax seed oil every day i would take a shit every other day... it was awesome!

i was injecting suboxone for while when i was on bup maintenance , and i would definitely suggest just go to sublingual administration, that is if you are trying to get sober. once you are ready to get off, it is going to be twice as hard if you IV it because you will have 2 addictions, a needle one and a bup one. IV suboxone is definitely addictive behaivors such as IV use itself and not following your doctors orders. IV bup is not even that good, but i was just so addicted to the needle and i was also seling my suboxone for money so i could buy street drugs to get high so i needed to be able to stretch my suboxone out for as long as i can. if you are going to inject your suboxone, DEFINITELY get yourself a micron filter and new syringes. you can go online and buy a micron, 3ml luer-lock syringe, 30ml vial, and benzyl alcohol (preservative to prevent bacteria from growing in your suboxone solution) and thousands of syringes for a cheap price so you will be able to use a new needle each time you dose. i would push 30mgs of suboxone into 30mls of water so that 1ml of water would contain 1mg of bupre so it would be easy to measure it with a syringe (0.3ml of water would be 0.3mg of bupre).

there is not any other way you should be injecting buprenorphine because if you are like be, i would do like 4-5 shots of 0.1-0.2mg of suboxone a day and without a micron you would get all that junk in the strips building up to high levels which is absolutely malicious on your veins and body. make sure you get alcohol wipes and neosporin to heal track marks.

this is the type of flax seed oil i use, you can get it at any nutrition store or whole foods market, etc.. i dont think i have seen it at gnc, but you can try to check there. it needs to be refrigerated so idk if GNC has a fridge lol
Flaxseed-oil.jpg

Never realized the wonders of flax oil, been taking it the past couple days- gonna make it a new routine :)

I have to chose a thread prefix. OK. Where how?

Couldn't figure that out either at first on my phone. You have to request desktop site.
Mobile site doesn't give you the option to select prefix.

So IDK if you're on the phone but if so, there ya go.