• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed causing visual hallucinations?

I've only had one visual hallucination while high and it was on some of the best weed I've ever smoked. It wasn't like the whole high I was hallucinating, just the first 15 minutes all I could see was vibrations. (I know it's wierd). I would see half circles vibrating everywhere I would look and I thought it was the most coolest thing I've ever seen.

Posted this before, but back when I was 16-18 and smoking tac (soapbar, but very strong), in buckets (gravity bongs), my main goal was to seen some kind of visuals. Usually they would be closed eye visuals of travelling over colourful landscapes, patterns, and various other things of that nature, or with eyes open I'd see splotches of colour, flashing red dots and mild patterning (generally flashing or static).

But by far the most impressive thing I ever saw was a little pastel drawing style cartoon unfold on my wall of a little girl playing with her kite in the wind with her dog. It was small but crystal clear, unfolded for about twenty seconds and then sort of dissapeared. More like something I'd expect to see on salvia or perhaps MDMA, but it was just good old UK soapbar.

Never seen something quite so strange or vivid on weed before or since.

Ive done lots of drugs ecstasy shrooms lsd weed pills whatever and theres been times when weeds had me more fucked up than hard drugs.

People say oh its just weed but strong weed can take you places

Ive done lots of drugs ecstasy shrooms lsd weed pills whatever and theres been times when weeds had me more fucked up than hard drugs.

People say oh its just weed but strong weed can take you places

you got that right!

i say that all the time. weed can get me higher than some harder drugs:).

^yip, especially now that weed has completely changed its face for me, it can be very powerful.

There is no middle ground anymore. Either I'm just very slightly feeling the effects, or I'm having a very intense and powerful experience after a few tokes off a joint.

I've only had auditory hallucinations from pot. Twice. Like 15 years ago? I was walking around another, rougher neighborhood's pitch-black lake after smoking a couple blunts with a friend at like 2 or 3am.... once I hit the lake, it started to sound like a crowded auditorium. You know, just a hundred thousand conversations going on in the background all at once, so loud that none of them make sense and it's all just a big jumble? Yeah, that shit freaked me out.

The second time was near identical to the first, only I heard a bunch of people laughing on the walk home (like a 25min through two neighborhoods' backpaths and lakes/ponds.)

Had my knife out both times that happened. I was legit spooked. Didn't really realize what had happened until afterward.

Haven't ever seen anything crazy because of weed, though.

^ I easily get auditory hallucinations from getting super stoned.

Last time was when I accidentally ate too much RSO. The way it hit me was weird -- like, usually you only get those effects if you're extremely high, right? But the auditory (& visual) hallucinations started before I even felt "high" -- they were the first effect. I knew I was in for a hell of a ride when that happened. I could barely walk I was so high during the peak. Very dysphoric, but I mostly kept my wits.

as a teenager I used to get pretty neat Cevs from smoking, but back then I was able to smoke much larger amounts without getting anxiety...

I know everyone is calling you crazy and stuff but maybe your buying laced weed... We have weed down here laced with meth and salvia ...be like me grow ya own

Only thing phcycadelic I've experienced from smokeing is flashing black dots in front of my eyes ??

Only thing phcycadelic I've experienced from smokeing is flashing black dots in front of my eyes ����

Are they like moving around and kind of transparent or do they stay in one spot and only move when your eye moves?

If it's the first it could be related to blood pressure at certain times when you get high. If it's the second, it's a completely natural thing that I can only remember an optometrist calling "floaters" in layman's terms. Forget the technical name for it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they became more noticeable after you smoke weed.

If it's neither of those..... shit, dude, that sounds kind of cool but really irritating.

I never had visual hallucinations from weed, even when I was so high I wouldn't move if the house caught on fire.

I never had visual hallucinations from weed, even when I was so high I wouldn't move if the house caught on fire.

That's how I describe my benzo' highs. <3

"Lemme put it this way... I pop a bar and my house could be on fire, I'd look around, feel the heat, smell the smoke, see the flames.... and think 'Yo, I got at least another couple of minutes before I need to do something here' and go right back to binge-watching on Netflix."

I've had this happen more and more frequently now. The first time this happened, I'm sitting with my friend looking at him, when this huge black squiggly line appears to his left for a few seconds, it was slightly blurry, but it was definitely not an eye floater, as it remained in its position despite my eye moving. Next I start hearing sirens while no on else reported hearing anything. The strangest one was today, a fuzzy black dot that was twitching around on my night stand. I tried to catch it with my hands to see if it was a fly, but then it just disappeared.

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm considering quitting if this keeps up, I don't like it.

Ive heard from far too many people with first hand experience that eating can be more intense and psychedellic. Someone said your body is able to digest some chemical possibly another cannabinoid, which causes the more trippy high. I don't eat many edibles so I can't really say personally.

ALso if you use benzos, stopping can give you withdrawls that sound sort of like what youre describing.

ALso if you use benzos, stopping can give you withdrawls that sound sort of like what youre describing.

Ahhhh, the curse of artificial happiness....

And good luck double-checking my location NOW, ya fucker, can't nobody see me anymore. %)

giphy.gif

I've had auditory and visual hallucinations on pot before, mostly visual. The modern strains that have high THC content are known to cause this in some people. It's not a sign of mental disease, it probably just means the dose is too high.

For myself, the hallucinatory potential of weed has been heightened because I did a lot of psychedelics in my 20's. Those pathways are now well established in my brain such that I can have little trips similar to LSD if I smoke enough pot.

That said, I haven't smoked pot in years at this point. I don't think my neurology can handle it anymore.

I would say that regarding your black lines, dots and hearing sirens, it's definitely time for a break to see if these things fade. Make an appointment with a psychiatrist just in case. Tell him/her your symptoms and see what their take on the issue is. It could also be that you happened to get some bud that was laced with something more and it's taking its time to fade out of your system. Give it some time.

I have seen visual hallucinations on weed. It was a really high dose. I think it was a gram of blue dream and we had a 3 foot bong this entire time, and it was right after the group I was with finished off an ounce of bud from the blue dream strain with this 3 footer. It was the first time I threw up from weed. I went into the bathroom hovered over the toilet and started losing my vision Everything went black so I closed my eyes and I started seeing an infinity symbol fading out of my veiw and it was spinning in all directions and had my life in it. I looked at it and remembered my past that I had forgotten.