View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

dxm dangers question.

drugsaregod

Greenlighter
my friend is 14 yrs old and weighs about 140 pound's. he really likes dxm and does 300mg twice a month at the most. he also realizes that any psychoactive drug is ill advised for the developing brain. his question is that will this have any negative effects in the future. he feels like he is a rather intellegeint person comapred to the populas. he finds very little side effects of dxm. he wil most likely stay at the 300mg doses. in conclusion, would a 14 year old doing 300mg of dxm twice a month have negative effects. thanks

While the frequency is not very excessive (but still frequent) and doses reasonable, a 14-year old brain is still developing and I don't think you should underestimate how seriously dissociatives can mess with information processing and sense-making in the brain.
Doing dissociatives on an sort of frequent basis can potentially cause jumbling things up in your head like words you say or things you are trying to think of. (I know that from experience)

I'm pretty sure it can be hard to get an average 14-year old to stop doing something they find interesting and nice, unless it is truly horribly scary... just saying it could be a lot worse but it could also be better. For an adult I would focus rather on the apparent reversibility of a lot of adverse effects like the ones I mentioned dissociatives can have, but the more crucial the development the brain is still in, the more it can bend that learning curve while you are supposed to learn a lot of important stuff.

If you're only 14, taking a drug that has very wide-ranging effects in the brain (DXM is a serotonin and norepinephrine uptake inhibitor, NMDA receptor antagonist, sigma receptor agonist, and nicotinic acetylcholine receptor antagonist, and it has at least 3 metabolites that are active too) on a regular basis is not a good idea. As fun as it is to abuse cough medication, you should be finding other ways to be entertained at that age.