• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Alprazolam Insufflation vs Sublingual I want an answer badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solvaring

Greenlighter
I know the topic of the insufflation of benzos, especially alprazolam has been beaten to hell across the whole interwebs. What I want to discuss and possibly find an answer to is that many people say sublingual ROA is a good way to go with Alpraz and other benzos. However the space beneath the tongue is a mucous membrane and according to my limited knowledge the mucous membranes up in the nasal cavity and the membranes within your mouth are the same. I could be wrong maybe they aren't. Benzos are not water soluble and so it is widely accepted that snorting is an unnecessary waste because it's not going to get absorbed going up your nose. How come then does it seem to be the general consensus that benzos will work when taken the sublingual route? My thoughts while typing this are centered mainly around alprazolam. Does anyone have any answers or educational links they could point me to?

Thanks.

Well, if you use something sublingually what's not absorbed will eventually end up in your stomach anyway, it's not like you spit it out. I think it's pretty much placebo that people think they work faster sublingually. If you snort it, most of it will probably just get stuck and clog your nose. But I've never tried either method really so I can't really say for sure.

Why would you ever wanna let a xanny dissolve under your tongue? It tastes so fuckin bad i can barely stand the 5 seconds it takes to swallow one.

Well, if you use something sublingually what's not absorbed will eventually end up in your stomach anyway, it's not like you spit it out. I think it's pretty much placebo that people think they work faster sublingually. If you snort it, most of it will probably just get stuck and clog your nose. But I've never tried either method really so I can't really say for sure.

I think the first option is safer. And agree with the limitations of having it snorted. I´d take it orally if I were you.

My pet dragon does not mind the taste of Alprazolam, he has even almost come to enjoy the taste of crunching up a bar or two in his maw full of fangs, he prefers the taste of Alprazolam over the taste of orc flesh any day that's for sure.

I have always been vehemently against people snorting benzos (except lorazepam due to its pharmacodynamics being different than most benzos) for obvious reasons, BUT I have found if your dose is small enough like mine(>/= 1 mg) then it actually does work quite well with alprazolam and effects are noticeable within 3-4 minutes; ie it's working because there is absolutely no way you would feel what dripped down your throat that fast. This is where it all comes back to being low-dose. with 1 mg or less there is such a negligible amount of powder that none goes down your throat, especially when done split between 2 lines and one up each nostril. Why it seems to work after so many years or telling people they're wasting their drugs(negligible) and at least wasting their time who knows, but it's been so noticeable to me when I'm on PST, which happens to be the only time I ever dose alprazolam, that now if I am going to take any alprazolam now I will snort it. This is the only time ill ever advocate snorting the alprazolam or for that matter any benzo, including lorazepam (don't get me wrong, just because I said it's pharmacodynamics allow intranasal absorption it's still less bioavailable than oral)

Also for the record, it's not because I'm on PST that I feel it so much, because even when I'd take the alprazolam orally on PST it was exactly the same; ie 1 mg intranasal vs 1 mg oral feels subjectively the same to me, PST or no. It's interesting to me to say the least

A younger draconic underling of my pet Dragon used to swear by snorting xanax. In his experience some bars irritate the nasal cavity much less than others and depending on the brand of the bar, end up crushing down in different amounts of total powder. White and yellow bars in his experience were usually smoother than the green bars which always seemed to break down into a larger volume of total powder and hurt much worse. As his tolerance quickly climbed though, insufflation became a non-viable ROA as his tolerance rose above a single bar and at that point it's just too much work to break down and too much crap to suck up into his nostrils.

I swig mine down with mountain dew.. dont eat them they taste like death..

Purely subjective: snorting is awful.... you get that nasty feeling in ur nose, u get an awful drip, the taste gets stuck in ur throat, you get a soar throat the next day... all for what? Nothing.

The high is all there with no negative effects when u take orally. Ull feel it in 5 minutes.

there's no discussion here. Sublingual is the most effective ROA for alprazolam. Insufflation of a freebase triazolobenzodiazepine such as alprazolam is stupid and pointless. Xanax is not for snorting.

I feel sublingual alprazolam in less than 3-4 minutes, no point in snorting a tablet that was designed to kick in with maximum power in the minimum time via the sublingual ROA for those affected by panic disorder. The only tablet form of benzodiazepine that I ever "felt" at all by snorting it and even then I feel it must have been due to the drip, was 15mg midazolam tablets.

There's also midazolam concentrated solution for injection and intranasal use which I've found to work very well via the intranasal ROA. But if your benzodiazepine is in tablet form, there's no way you're going to absorb more or have any better or effective of an experience and onset than the sublingual ROA. for all benzodiazepines in tablet form.

Status
Not open for further replies.