• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Need some light on Sub use

matthew14

Bluelighter
Ok I couldn't wait the entire 24 hours, I made it 19 and I was feeling the withdrawal pretty hard, I took 2mg's then another 2mg's about an hour later. I feel a little better but never got relief I am still sick, I didn't feel super sick right after I took it as in junction with pw's, but I dont get it, do I just need more? Because now I cant take opiates to feel better but I have 4 mg's left that I was going to taper 2 tomorrow then the next 1 then finally .5 jump. But I am not comfortable right now still withdrawling, my habit was about 3-4 bags of H a day for about 6 months...

Ok I am definitely feeling the sub and it is working but not very much, just barely holding me, I wanna save the other 4 mg's to taper over the next 3 days, I have a little kratom left would it be ok to take that with the sub for the next few days, or would that make things worse in the long run..

My first day on subs I went nuts and took 30mg. Within a week I was down to 2mg. Some mild discomfort that would come in waves, but nothing too bad. I don't think the kratom will hurt you, but probably won't help much.

Also, yesterday I switched back to oxy, which I took 9 hours after a 1mg sub dose. Surprisingly I felt the oxy even more than I did before I started the subs. My tolerance has actually gone down after a week on subs, which is amazing and totally unexpected. I think short term usage and low dosage is the key.

Also, yesterday I switched back to oxy, which I took 9 hours after a 1mg sub dose. Surprisingly I felt the oxy even more than I did before I started the subs. My tolerance has actually gone down after a week on subs, which is amazing and totally unexpected. I think short term usage and low dosage is the key.

Well if short term usage is the key, then I should be in luck my taper is 4mg, 2mg, 1mg, .5mg jump over 4 day's

Firstly, you don't have to wait 24 hours.

A few hours after you start feeling w/d is fine.

Secondly you probably need a larger dosage.
When I first started I was on 16mg.

It seems like you don't have a prescription so I'd recommend going to the doctor and getting one.

There's no way I could've stopped in just a few days like you are trying.

If you want to do it short I'd suggest at least a month taper.

Then again I was doing dope for years.

Well if your goal is to stop using real opiates then I'd say it didn't really work for you...

It's not specified but it seems the OP is trying to get off for good.

OP can you clarify your intentions?

Well if your goal is to stop using real opiates then I'd say it didn't really work for you...

It's not specified but it seems the OP is trying to get off for good.

OP can you clarify your intentions?

Yeah, wasn't my goal at this point. My goal was to not be in withdrawal, and to not buy pills on the street while waiting for a refill. For those purposes, subs worked great for me. I mentioned my experience since OP said he couldn't take other opiates now to feel better, so I agree with you that it's not clear if fully quitting all opiates right now is his goal either.

Honestly if you have been on Heroin or the like for years Subutex is a good drug,it will break the babit as no other opiate except Tramadol will work or Kratom to an effect,the longer you stay on it at maintained doses the better,come down slowly,so to reduce pain and and to focus on being opiate free...Yes i know its a powerful opiate in its own respect but it wont get you high,if you have to stay on for life and it agrees with you then so be it,you can be NORMAL and do NORMAL things as long as you dose right and keep it going,its much more of a stable life than the highs and lows of most opiates and better then Methadone,with methadone you can use other opiates.

The only thing is if you cant break the mental addiction with the help of subutex then you will use other drugs to compensate or try different ways of administration to find a high,but you`ll fail. If you stay on for a long period then it will be almost impossible to get off,and fucK your receptors so that if in the back of your mind you ever want to feel the opiate high again you will fail,subutex really fucks with your pathways,even Ibogaine will not work,it can break through with every other opiate but not subutex...unless you have been clean a while and then whats to say you only what your pathways resetting so you can use again.

Opiates and Opiods are for life. (UNFORYUNATELY) or legalise them in a way that is regulated,in the past Heroin in the UK was given to addicts,i really think it can be done in a medical way,if someone wanted to monitor me to make sure i was taking the prescribed medication properly and for myself then i would be happy for it,and if the stigma was taken away from it then even better.

Last edited:
If your idk, pretty damn dependent, than bupe becomes a whole different thing really, you have to wait to dose to avoid bad side effects, supposedly.

I'm only moderately dependent, so I can take sub almost anytime, but for me the less the better, really, anything over 4mg will diminish the other opiates I use on top of it...

They say you can't use opiates while your on it, but if your on a low enough dose you can supplement your bupe with some Oxymorphone, or tramadol even works pretty good if you would like to avoid opiates completely, a nice little combination, especially for withdrawal...

Best of luck man, I say take as much Bupe as you need on day 1, but save as much as you can for tomorrow...it has a 24-30 hour some-odd half life but that doesn't neccesarily mean it's really going to hold you down too tight for a whole 24..

Positive thoughts bro, think em...u can do it, it's mainly mind over matter, even though there are physical symptoms the bupe will help with that

I have a love hate with subs.

When you are starting to wd and feel like hell, a little bit of sub is the best thing ever. But when you use them often, it's irritating because I feel headachy and kind of depressed just like before I ever started taking opiates.

They are great for saving money and getting the tolerance down tho and remaining functional for day to day life.

Just wanna point out you can DEFINATLEY use other opiates if on a low dose of Bupe(like 2mg) and ya REALLY can use other opiates if ya shoot a low dose of Sub(like 0.5mg) in the morning time then your opiate of choice at nightime/evening(I have done this and it felt just like it would if I wasn't on the Sub, though I am definately not saying shoot you Sub... You can use other ones on Methadone also, but it's just really a freakin waste unless you are on like 30mg or under...you are not gonna feel shit from another opiate if you are on say like 40mg+ of Methadone a day. On 2mg of Bupe a day, ya can feel other opiates easily.