• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Plugging Heroin

ComfortablyNumb95

Bluelight Crew
Hi everyone so I just acquired a bag of h and was wondering if it's effective to plug it.
I've researched the topic a bit but didn't find much info, so I'm asking if anyone of you has ever tried?
I think it's #3.

Yeah i used to do it often it falls between snorting and iving. Where are you from?

I have been Reading that Plugging Substances is Not as Effective as Once thought it was. As in the Bio-Availability Percentage.

^ Well there's multiple studies that say otherwise of course it's substance and individual debate but I'd love to see your source.

From personal experience I can say it's significantly better than snorting (I can't comment on vs smoking because I get heroin hcl which isn't smokable)

It's really a great roa I wish I never switched to iv, iv isn't much mor effective that rush tho

Yeah i used to do it often it falls between snorting and iving. Where are you from?

Italy why?
Anyways I'll try that next time, my h is already finished lol. It was pretty weak, but I have to say most heroin around here is weak.

I wanna do that . I'll butt chug some H. Fuggit.
Please report back when you do it :)

Edit: actually I have a bit more left, if this line I just snorted will get me decently high I'll plug it tomorrow.. if it doesn't i'll do it in a short while :)

Last edited:
Italy why?
Anyways I'll try that next time, my h is already finished lol. It was pretty weak, but I have to say most heroin around here is weak.

I was just wondering because you said you had freebase heroin (#3) and that isn't sold in my area (east coast usa).

Uh ok :) not sure if it's #3 but surely it isn't neither 1 nor 4 that's for sure. Anyways I just plugged a smallish amount, doubt it'll do much but I should at least feel it. Probably I'll plug the remaining h in a while, how long does it take to come up? Is it faster than snorting?

I couldn't give ya an exact time faster than snorting though I start to feel it in less than 10min

Plugging #4 heroin is quite effective; I find its onset and high similar to snorting.

The only good way to take #3 heroin is by smoking though, as it is insoluble in water. I'm not sure how you would get #3 up your butt in a solid powdery form, and even if you did, it wouldn't absorb through the blood vessels very effectively. If you dissolved your heroin in water, then you have #4 heroin, not #3.

I put it in a spoon with water and heated it. Most benzos aren't very water-soluble either so why can you plug them and not this h?
Also, I snort it and it gets me higher than smoking it, so why shoudn't work if plugged? I admit I know very little about the subject.

Last edited:
Yeah also I want to point out that I'm not even sure it's #3.. it's a brown powder with hard rocks and it has a beautiful smell of vinegar.
Fortunatrly I'm a noob when it comes to heroin.
Aand it's piss weak, you have to smoke like half a gram to get a nice effect :/ but that's also because I'm not very sensible to opiates. Still it's very weak but that's probably the best you can find around here and not very pricey

I just found a picture on erowid and it's just like my h: https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/show_image.php?i=heroin/heroin6.jpg

Last edited:
I have been Reading that Plugging Substances is Not as Effective as Once thought it was. As in the Bio-Availability Percentage.

Plugging is the shit,, no pun intended. It's the second route only to IV/IM/SC really, above even smoking for every drug I've tried it with. The problem though is it's most often suggested with opiates, and people looking for new ROAs with opiates aren't people trying them once off, I'm assuming you have a habit? If you do your bowels are probably blocked up - if you empty them, plugging will hit you almost as strong as IV, but with a delayed and lessened rush. But good luck trying to empty them without an enema :p and without emptied bowels, snorting will blow plugging outta the water tenfold.. it sucks if you havent emptied first, and is amazing if you do.

I love plugging but for opiates (with a habit at hand anyway) it's something I don't think of too much. Better for other drugs that don't leave my ass blocked up and me needing to empty out first.

I don't have an habit i just want to get a better effect which is also cost-effective. Yeah i know I shouldn't be fucking with heroin but my plan is to stop altogheter soon.
It's just that since I've been using opiates (roughly 1 year) they have been more and more available and now heroin is everywhere around me :/

Yeah also I want to point out that I'm not even sure it's #3.. it's a brown powder with hard rocks and it has a beautiful smell of vinegar.
Fortunatrly I'm a noob when it comes to heroin.
Aand it's piss weak, you have to smoke like half a gram to get a nice effect :/ but that's also because I'm not very sensible to opiates. Still it's very weak but that's probably the best you can find around here and not very pricey

I just found a picture on erowid and it's just like my h: https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/show_image.php?i=heroin/heroin6.jpg
Brown and chunky makes it more likely to be #3, but visual identification is still unreliable. I've almost always got #4 heroin, but it's appearance has ranged from white powder to brown and chunky. Always smells like vinegar though - that's the smell of the acetyl anhydride that's used to turn morphine into heroin. I believe that step is vital. (Anyone know of ways to make heroin without acetyl anhydride?)

Anyway, best way to know for sure is to see how well the drug dissolves in water. #4 should melt away almost immediately, save some insoluble cuts that may be in there, but if it doesn't want to dissolve at all, it's #3.

And if anyone's wondering what the definition of #3 and #4 heroin is: #4 is heroin salt, typically heroin hydrochloride, while #3 is heroin freebase.

^ yeah I'm pretty sure it's #3, everyone just smokes it here and it doesn't dissolve well at all in water unless you heat it. Still some people here IV and to prepare the shot they just heat it, aren't you supposed to add an acid first?

It all depends on which substance we are talking about. I'm too lazy to check up on that now (done enough unappreciated research for this site, at least for today), but generally most half-synthetic opiates have poor rectal BA, below oral BA.

When it comes to phenethylamines though, you will find plenty of them where it is the first choice after IV'ing in terms of both bang and bang for the buck.

EDIT: Don't have a proper BA for you, but some information anyway:

When heroin was administered orally or rectally, no heroin or 6-monoacetylmorphine could be detected in plasma [31,44,48]. Consequently no “flash” was achieved after oral administration, although a sustained period of mild euphoria was reported. Probably hydrolysis of heroin into morphin occurred under the alkaline conditions of the duodenum and colon before absorption. Moreover, heroin could be subject of the first pass effect by esterases in the liver. The intravenous/oral AUC ratio of the metabolite morphin varied between the 50 and 67 % in different studies, which is comparable with oral morphine administration [31,48]. The first pass mechanism by the liver is avoided to a high extent after application of a heroin suppository, resulting in a lower M3G/morphine ratio after rectal administration (1.5-2.9) than after oral administration of heroin (4.6-12.3) [31,62] Scores on euphoria were significantly higher after rectal application than after an equal oral heroin dose [31].
Source: Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacokinetic Variability of Heroin and it's Metabolites: Review of the Literature, Elisabeth J. Rook et al., Current Clinical Pharmacology, 2006, 1, 109-118

In terms of harm reduction you should take it orally, rectally, intransally, smoke or IV it, in that order. The rest is up to you really... I have never taken heroin rectally, so I can't tell you from experience, nor could I find proper figures for rectal BA right away.

However I did find out, that in England some patients are given up to 1000mg of Heroin per day... Damn.

Last edited: