• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Stopped 15 bag a day heroin habit...EASY WITHDRAWAL did I just get lucky?

Hammersmashedface1

Greenlighter
So I had been using opana 40s 3x a day intranasally, was too expensive so I switched to dope. Was doing 10-20 bags a day for about 5months every day that were probably .1 g each if that of some of the best stuff my area has to offer. I wanted to stop and finally did (with a mild intervention from mom and dad and compliance from me). I got a few xanax bars and some loperamide and used it 2-3 times a day in relatively small doses. Well, I haven't used Dope since Tuesday (today is Friday) and I feel pretty much 100%. This is odd because when id get dopesick for a few hours waiting to cop or whatever id feel like hell but when I decided to quit completely the symptoms weren't as bad. Not sure what I was so afraid of stopping before now. I had kicked oxycodone at least 5x in the past and it was worse than this. Id describe this withdrawal experience as a bad cold or mild flu. No vomiting or diarrhea, some sweating, some muscle cramps, slight chills, some malaise and depression, slight insomnia (waking 3x a night). But nothing that bad at all.

I have come to the conclusion that the mind is very powerful and if one tells themselves it is gonna suck, then it well. Before I decided to kick, a dope head friend told me oxy withdrawal is worse than H withdrawal, I wanted to believe him and now I know he's right. I can't believe I haven't used h in 3 whole days and I feel great. I have never IVd because I'm terrified of needles. Did God just give me a chance here? Or is watching espns 30 for 30 "the U" 3 times (my home town team) a magical remedy? Any similar experiences?

Maybe you haven't been doing it very long and your previous "withdrawl" was all in your head?

Maybe your area has really shitty dope?

Idk withdrawal at 5 months is nothing compared to 5 years.

But no, unfortunately I haven't had that experience.

Last edited:
It's the loperamide, I just stopped 56 hours ago. I took 40 MGs yesterday and 30 today. 80% of my withdrawals are gone except for the insomnia and RLS.

I hadn't just been using opiates for 5 months, I switched from opana to H 5 months ago, and was on opana for about 3 months daily before that. I can't believe how not bad this has gone. I haven't taken any lope for 18 hours approx. and I know the dope is good where I am because my buddy from jersey (one of the dope capitals, supposedly) who came down here (Miami) said it's as good or better. I'm wondering if other people have been able to fend off wd symptoms like this and truly make it bearable. Thanks for the replies.

Maybe you haven't been doing it very long and your previous "withdrawl" was all in your head?

Maybe your area has really shitty dope?

Idk withdrawal at 5 months is nothing compared to 5 years.

But no, unfortunately I haven't had that experience.

thats true five months isn't very long at all. But I still know my body and have detoxed off oxy many times before and it was worse than this. I don't get it

And it may be the other stuff you took taking away withdrawal. Since you weren't doing it for years the withdrawal prob was not as bad as someone found higher amounts for years.

For me nothing but bupe would cut it.

I don't know about the dope in Florida or New Jersey, never been to either.

I'm from Detroit, some of the dope here is okay, some is insanely good.

T$'s shit was straight fire. (Anyone from Detroit will probably know what I'm taking about)

And it may be the other stuff you took taking away withdrawal. Since you weren't doing it for years the withdrawal prob was not as bad as someone found higher amounts for years.

For me nothing but bupe would cut it.

I don't know about the dope in Florida or New Jersey, never been to either.

I'm from Detroit, some of the dope here is okay, some is insanely good.

T$'s shit was straight fire. (Anyone from Detroit will probably know what I'm taking about)

I still think he should have had some sort of withdrawal. I used oxy for only 4 months every day before I got my first taste of WD. I detoxed from that, and dope became the next thing, but it only took a week of use to get withdrawal that time. Now if I use for even a day or two, I still have severe lethargy and depression after I come down, even if Im not "sick" per say.

OP, I don't know what your plans are, but if you keep using regularly, the WD is going to hit harder and faster each time you go through it. Like I said, before it took me 4 straight months of heavy usage to get WD. Now it takes me 2 days.

I still think he should have had some sort of withdrawal. I used oxy for only 4 months every day before I got my first taste of WD. I detoxed from that, and dope became the next thing, but it only took a week of use to get withdrawal that time. Now if I use for even a day or two, I still have severe lethargy and depression after I come down, even if Im not "sick" per say.

OP, I don't know what your plans are, but if you keep using regularly, the WD is going to hit harder and faster each time you go through it. Like I said, before it took me 4 straight months of heavy usage to get WD. Now it takes me 2 days.

Yeah, I definitely had w/d after 8 months.

Although not anything compared to what I went through in later use, they were still definitely there.

Thanks for the replies. Like I said I have been dealing with opis for years so I knew what I was gettin into. But my mind was goin crazy cuz I precipatated withdrawal the last 3 times I tried to get on Bupe, and that was from dope, so I was kinda freaked out about that feeling. I'm now on day 6 and I feel back to normal. Can't sleep though. This withdrawal was mild thank God. Loperamide and alprazolam helped big time. Time to hit some meetings

Loperamide has worked wonders for me, if you use the search engine on this site you can find the Loperamide Megathread about all that jazz. But for me I took 40mg on day one of w/ds from .5g a day heroin addiction and i felt 90% I even went to work as a food runner at a "fancy" restaurant... i was dumb founded

but if you take it too long you get dependent on Lope as well... Like I am now... I take like 20-70mg a day on top of my H habit, depending on if I'm picking up or not. I keep putting off getting clean... or I'll plan on it cause I have no way of picking up and I'll take lot of lope with Cimetidine and then something comes up to where I can score :/ so now my tolerance has been just jumping like crazy... sucks nuts.

Sometimes the stars align and you get away with one. It's happened to me before and then I would figure I could use again since the kick won't be bad and somehow that one use will throw things off and make me have a real kick. Like I'll be on day 4 feeling alright so I'll get just a few bags and 2 days later I'm sicker than I was, or better yet going on another run, making me regret not just stopping completely when it was easier.

So take it as a blessing and don't go back to using. In all of my times quitting you only get a 'freebie' once or twice a year so take it as a sign because next time it won't be as easy.