• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Dosage of Cacao Powder?

UncleTheo

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

I'm looking into trying some cacao. I'm new to drugs and shit so I want something basic that'll still make me feel a little better or whatever. A couple of my friends bought packs of the powder stuff and they had 2-3 tablespoons. The one that had 3 had some pretty good effects - a buzz through his body, jittering, feeling like he could do whatever he wanted but the one that had 2 had little to no effect at all. Both said that it was really tame and are looking at other options like nutmeg oil. I'm just wondering what sort of dosage would be needed for cacao powder? If you want to know the type we've got, here's a link: http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au...322&name=natures-way-super-foods-cacao-powder Oh, the 3 tablespoons guy had a Mother energy drink before hand so I don't know if that enhanced the effects or anything.

Also, what are your opinions on nutmeg oil? Not the raw stuff but the oil.. Apparently it reduces the suicidal thoughts and such. Also, sorry if this isn't the right section!

Cheers!

I've read that cacao contains approximately 0.2% alkaloids by weight (can be up to 1 percent), so try something like 50gm (100mg alkaloid) to 100gm (200mg alkaloid) of cacao? (That sounds like an awful lot, though, but I guess it would be similar to eating a bar of really dark chocolate.) The alkaloid content of cacao is mostly caffeine and theobromine. Expect a similar "high" to coffee, or an energy drink.

If it's had the fat removed I think you will need less.

As for nutmeg oil, it's just the extractable organic oils of nutmeg. It contains elemicin and the other phenylpropanoids as well as pinene, limonene, other terpenes. Consider it just a more easily dosed version of fresh whole nutmegs, it will have the same effects as eating an equivalent amount of the 'megs. Expect a kind of very heavy cannabis-like sedation, almost like having a crazy high fever along with a bad bout of influenza. It sounds a little worse than it actually is, some people quite enjoy the dreamy, hazy sedation. I don't know about "reducing suicidal thoughts" though. It's not really outright euphoric, takes a while to kick in (up to several hours), lasts for quite a while.