• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

can u overdose on ' METH '

Of course. Some will say its not that easy if you're not IVing, but I've read my fair share of Meth OD reports on here from pretty much all routes of administration.

That being said, the few times I've dabbled in methamphetamine I've smoked myself silly going pretty heavy on the dosages, but my body would always tell me when I was going a bit too overboard(extreme vasoconstriction, extreme paranoia/psychosis setting in early/etc). That is when its time to stop.

Last edited:
Im a recovering addict from meth , been sober for 15months . but I recently started going thru some things. && I've been getting high the past 5 days , I feel like I'm taking to much in , but it doesn't make me think about what I'm going thru . it makes me feel good , I mean besides the taste . do u have any advice I can take in . I feel so stupid

Well I dont have much expertise or knowledge dealing with meth addiction, but if looking for support in that regard I suggest you post around in The Dark Side forum here on bluelight: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/47-The-Dark-Side

You'll find much support there from others going through the same problems or have gone through them before. If you're worried about OD I'd definitely suggest no more dosing until you've come down, its likely no more than anxiety though. Maybe take a low dose of benzo to take the edge off, just be careful not to combine it with anything else.

Okay , I feel better . I drank a big Glass of water , & got Comfortable && made myself eat something . thank you so much helping me out , but since I plan on getting hight when the sun comes up . IMA go to that link you sent me .

Great to hear. Other remedies I've found helpful are a warm shower, keep drinking water, gatorade is always good, and foods like bananas, nuts, crackers, other high potassium and even sodium(I believe?) foods.

Yeah , I mean I use to be bad on it . I did it all the time , && I think just because I haven't done it in so long , && my dose was to big for not doing it in awhile . its not a drug to deal with , this website if pretty good for people that do drugs , I have have go back to rehab . what's your Drug of choice??

Yea always start with smaller dosages after taking a long tolerance break. My drug of choice: Opiates when I have em, anything else when I don't lol. Seriously though I usually just try to stick with weed and binge on opiates for 1-2 weeks out of the month. And a heavy psychedelic experience to stir the soul up every few months or so :)

That's so crazy ,what opiates do you do ? I'm to familler with dose one . I've never did , my ex did Heroin our whole relationship . but now my sister does it , its said but . are opiates better to u ?

Mainly oxycodone, I've dabbled in heroin here and there. I restrict my use to 1-2 weeks a month for financial reasons and so I don't go too far off the deep end(although I fear I'm pretty damned close), but I still get some awful W/D symptoms for a few days/week after I stop use, so I wouldn't say they are better to me or for me in any sense, definitely a habit I need to kick eventually.

Oh and welcome to Bluelight! A little late but I didn't realize this was your introduction thread :)

Yeah I heard w/d was pretty bad , I've seen it to . I personally would Never put myself thru that . but , there's a lot people doing way worst of things . && thank you , I don't really know what to do on here

Hah, its a handful, but theres tons of valuable information here. Just stay away from The Lounge section of the forums lol.

Well I dont have much expertise or knowledge dealing with meth addiction, but if looking for support in that regard I suggest you post around in The Dark Side forum here on bluelight: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/47-The-Dark-Side

You'll find much support there from others going through the same problems or have gone through them before. If you're worried about OD I'd definitely suggest no more dosing until you've come down, its likely no more than anxiety though. Maybe take a low dose of benzo to take the edge off, just be careful not to combine it with anything else.

Absolutely! Welcome to Bluelight, BethanyRenee11. I've been sober from methamphetamine for just about twelve years. As Zi3m said, we've got The Dark Side over in the Recovery Forums here on BL, but there's also Sober Living and Mental Health as well. I'm happy to help where I can, so hit me up.

Welcome to Bluelight !

I'm gonna move this to Basic Drug Discussion.

Feel free to post a thread in The Dark Side or Sober Living if you need help with your recovery as others have said.

You can overdose on anything like, for example, water even if you really try. That being said, methamphetamine is relatively hard to overdose on. The most I would take if I had to (for example, for a roadblock) would be one gram, and it would not be a pleasant experience. I used to snort 500 mg of ice at a time and was generally fine. I'm pretty sure an eight ball (3.5 grams) would kill you, though.

I understand the fact that you can overdose on any drug if you take too much but meth is incredibly hard to overdose on. I've watched ppl iv rediculousy large amounts and they don't overdose they do something called over-amping where they rush or get lightheaded and pass out for a few hours they come to pretty panicked but very much so alive :) I've also thought I was dying from doing to much but it was a severe panic attack that made me think I was dying :p I'm more of an opiate or mixer myself but I've been doing meth for around 3 years now and not once have I seen anyone die from doing to much meth. If anyone ever wants to know how to fix this always take a few Xanax bars with u when u get spun and if you start feeling like your having a heart attack or severe anxiety bite half of one of the bars and wait a half hour :) you should mellow out just fine. BTW if you go to the hospital literally all they do is shoot u up with Ativan until your nodding :p might as well save the 5000$ you would spend at the hospital and take care of the problem yourself. Oh ya and if you mix like myself and your getting incredibly anxious which is rare when you are on heroin even if it is mixed with meth but do not take any benzos!!! Even if you feel like the opiates aren't strong enough do not take benzos or you have a huge chance of an actual overdose