• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids just aint working

Phoenix_rising

Bluelighter
i was on Heroin (smoked) 20 years ago,got off using methadone and dihydrocodiene,cut a long story short,i dabbled with all sorts of RCs until i found kratom,then my mum died and i went back to taking heroin and ah-7921. i knew i was in trouble and my dr gave me 16mg of subutex a day,i came down over nearly two years to .4mg and then transitioned to about 30g plain leaf kratom,it doesnt do much but stop me being ill,been off the subutex for about 6 weeks,now ive managed to get 450 30mg dihydrocodiene,so today i ate 300mg and felt pretty much nothing,a bit of stimulation,found myself more chatty but apart from that nadda,so a few minutes ago i plugged 120mg...still nothing.

has bupreorphine fucked my receptors for life? will i ever get an opiate high again? any suggestions? apart from going without,i love opiates so much so that if i could get palfium (dextromoramide) i would live the rest of my life on it.

Last edited:
No, you still have a pretty high opioid tolerance, and you're expecting too much from dihydrocodeine.

Thanks Eskimo,how long does this shit take to come out your system so you can feel full agonists again? Or do you have to rewrite your pleasure centres in your brain,there must be a way to reset your receptors? Is it right DXM will lower tolerance?

Bupe is out of your system if you take it everyday in ~week. So it's not lingering bupe in your system you just have a high tolerance still. There's no way to reset your tolerance, other than abstaining from opioids for a long time. Dxm can help.

Opiate Tolerance takes a very very long time to reset man. I am prescribed 180, Roxy 30s per month. They are usually gone by the middle of the month, at which point I usually get sick for 3-4 days and go the rest of the month without them. When I get my refill, I usually need to take the same amount as I did before, even with 2-3 weeks between doses. It usually seems my tolerance to the euphoria stays the same, so if it took me 80mg to feel good before, then after 2 weeks without it still takes 80mg to feel good. HOWEVER! I have noticed the physical effects of tolerance come back much quicker. My pupils get dilated on just 10mg, and I can feel my breathing slow after just 20 mg.

so it seems the physical effects of the opiate will restore themselves much quicker, while the mental cravings and euphoria seem to never quite come back to normal, no matter how long of a break I take. Always makes me paranoid of OD'in the first few days I have them.

I've heard after prolonged use, or your brain to reset back to "normal", can take anywhere from 6 to 9 months, but it's more hear-say, i have no sources to back this up...

However, the longer you go without opiates, the more the cravings will subside, and you will realise you can live without them, but with opiates it's an "all or nothing" type deal in 99% of cases.

All the best
-Phatty