• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

15mg 5f-akb48 – Suitably Experienced - ...and then I was hurtling towards the Sun.

imightbecrazy

Greenlighter
Before I begin, I should stress the likely inaccuracy of the timings; the nature of this particular drug seems to be that 2-3 minutes after first signs of onset, one will have forgotten >95% of any preceding thoughts.

0hr – Massaged 15mg 5f-akb48 powder into a teaspoon of peanut butter and consumed having not eaten for the previous 3-4 hours and prepared myself for bed.
+0hr 25 (, perhaps only 20) – First effects: tingling of the head, ‘what was I doing…?’, minor loss of coordination. Go upstairs to brush teeth. Shut my eyes and find that I’m brushing my teeth standing on the edge of a merry-go-round.
+0hr 40 – Visit my housemate’s room. She’s burning candles and has pink fairy lights on – ‘this is how opium dens should have smelled’. I suddenly realise that we’re a lot higher up than I originally thought and voice this.
+0hr 50 – Lie down on my bed. The air is tight around me, but in a comforting rather than frightening (though I don’t doubt it could be for some) way. My toes are covered in apple trees, in fact I am a hot-air balloon. Try composing a text – my hands are tiny and so very far away! I spend the next hour or two (who knows? – as an aside, I have taken this in the day time once and had returned to sobriety approximately 4 hours after dosing) giggling loudly to myself at the most incredible CEVs. At one point I am floating in space, when suddenly I start falling backwards – accelerating towards the sun. This was no ordinary CEV, I had the feeling in the pit of my stomach and around my limbs as if I was on a ride going down, but more, and all whilst lying on my bed.

The following are not all from this trip, simply the limited extracts I’ve found on post-its around my room since the memory of each ‘image’ is washed away as soon as the next appears.

I have ridden a blue whale. I have been a hurricane of green glitter. I've sheltered under a giant mushroom in the rain. I have been a spring of water. My body has turned into a landscape and I’ve have 12 Amazonians drink out of the pond that is my belly button. I have run in a giant suspended hamster wheel made of meshy tent material and filled with ball-pool balls. I have been a sandcastle. I have been waterlillies.

Whilst absolutely sensational, there is modest loss of coordination and after an hour or so, communication of any kind is near-impossible.

Wow, that sounds really intense and amazing. Do you have cannabinoid tolerance? Do you smoke regular cannabis? How regularly do you use cannabinoids including cannabis?

A new friend of mine who is into psychedelics gave me a small bit of herbs infused with a cannabinoid... he said if you're tripping already, it will send you into hyperspace, DMT-like almost (we blasted him off on DMT for the first time earlier that same night). He doesn't smoke weed or use synthetic cannabinoids ever though, only this one occasionally while tripping. He didn't know what cannabinoid it was because he got it from his friend who makes blends. I tried it while tripping (on the tail end though) and barely got anything. It seems that the synthetic cannabinoids are VERY intense for people who don't smoke weed at regular intervals so I wanted to know your background with that.

Thanks for sharing! :)

I've actually only ever smoked cannabis once and it barely did anything (I have suspicions about my proficiency at inhaling, hence the decision to take orally) so this definitely could be something that hits me harder than others who smoke regularly. This is the only synthetic cannabinoid I've tried, and my usage probably averages out to once every 1-2 weeks. The first couple of times I only used 10mg which was mind-blowing enough but I've been on 15 (~a couple of months) for a while now and there don't seem at this point to be any problems with tolerance. I can't imagine having this whilst already tripping - from my experience I feel like it would swallow the effects of whatever else you'd taken. It'd likely solve any problems with sleep though!

Okay thanks for that, I suspected that to be the case. When I first started smoking weed, I only had available to me the shittiest brick schwag around, but I still tripped HARD on it, like some of my strongest drug experiences ever. When you have no tolerance (physical or behavioral) to cannabinoids, they're really powerful. If you ever start using them often (as in daily or near-daily as a great many people do), you develop behavioral (and physical) tolerance to them. The physical tolerance will disappear after a while if you take a break, but I feel that the behavioral tolerance is largely permanent. You just get used to the effects and it stops sending you so far out.

Okay thanks for that, I suspected that to be the case. When I first started smoking weed, I only had available to me the shittiest brick schwag around, but I still tripped HARD on it, like some of my strongest drug experiences ever. When you have no tolerance (physical or behavioral) to cannabinoids, they're really powerful. If you ever start using them often (as in daily or near-daily as a great many people do), you develop behavioral (and physical) tolerance to them. The physical tolerance will disappear after a while if you take a break, but I feel that the behavioral tolerance is largely permanent. You just get used to the effects and it stops sending you so far out.

That's interesting because i use to be a full-time smoker never really thought of it as psychedelic but paranoia and anxiety forced me to stop. The last time i smoked maybe quarter gram of average in a joint i unexpectedly suffered ego loss which i was not prepared for. I am so sensitive to cannabinoids now i won't dare risk it anymore.