• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Traveling on a plane with marquis

Brandnewrollee

Greenlighter
Just short and sweet, is it illegal to have a marquis test in your checked on luggage, for domestic flights inside the U.S.? Are there certain states where it is illegal to have a marquis test kit? If so which ones?

Just short and sweet, is it illegal to have a marquis test in your checked on luggage, for domestic flights inside the U.S.? Are there certain states where it is illegal to have a marquis test kit? If so which ones?

I would check what state laws say about drug paraphernalia.
I found some threads here, at least in WA testkits are considered as paraphernalia http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...a-festival?p=12459557&viewfull=1#post12459557

Same in TX
§ 481.125. OFFENSE: POSSESSION OR DELIVERY OF DRUG
PARAPHERNALIA. (a) A person commits an offense if the person
knowingly or intentionally uses or possesses with intent to use
drug paraphernalia to plant, propagate, cultivate, grow, . . . , TEST.

Also have a look at Can you bring test kits on plane or cruise ship<

Marquis is a corrosive so I would say it's a definite no no, sorry. Acids and corrosives are not allowed. It's quite possible a bottle like this would get through security in your suitcase, but is it worth the risk as you would have some explaining to do if you got caught.

Its a very grey area - there not paraphernalia but some places in the states consider them to be so. It could be argued that its not for testing illegal substances but its pretty hard to prove on both sides of the coin - they are corrosive and based on that cannot be taken on a flight.

Last edited: