View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Causing Trip-Killing Leg Spasms?

WizK

Greenlighter
Alright, so two weeks ago I tried acid for the 'first' time (the real first time I must have had bunk acid cause I didn't trip from 2 tabs). Anyways, I take 1.5 tabs (very mild bitter taste, nothing bad at all). After 40 minutes, I start to see walls breathing. It was your standard trip, but I just got this horrible twitching in the back of my thighs, inside the muscle. I kept feeling like shivering as well, and I'm sure that's from the stimulation.
The next week, I take the same tabs, except 3.5 of them. This was slightly more bitter, but compared to something like xanax, I didn't even scrunch my face. 45 minutes after ingestion, I start to have that change in peripheral vision you get. But I felt the first spasm and then it WOULDN'T stop for the whole time I was tripping (~8 hours). It killed my trip.
I was wondering, first of all, if there's any risk of this being a RC. However, I highly doubt that.
Second of all, I'm thinking about using ~3000mg of Gabapentin in unison with the acid for my next trip. It does help with convulsions, and whenever I take it with Vyvanse, all negative physical effects are gone. I'm thinking the vassal dilation from the gaba would cancel that of the LSD.
Any replies are greatly appreciated! And also, would the gabapentin effect the trip at all? I'm thinking the visuals would be intensified a bit.

Gabapentin could definitely be useful for the spasms.
It may have been an RC however. Although it is not by any means definitive a tasteless tab definitely points in the direct of actual LSD or at least an ergoloid such as LSZ and AL-LAD, both of which are pretty benign in terms of stimulation when compared to phenethylamines or psychedelic amphetamines.
Now this is ENTIRELY anecdotal, but on three separate occasions over the last three years I have encountered mayan calendar tabs with the print below.
They were tasteless, but me and my friend both noticed extreme stimulation, especially in the legs.
On top of that I was able to feel the effects at 1 hour but visuals didn't kick in till about 3 hours and they did not feel like LSD visuals.
I also had a vial of liquid LSD from silk road which was a slight brown colour and tasted of solvent, it did the exact same.
All in all very very uncomfortable trips

images

Thanks for your input. Those do sound very nasty!
As for the tabs I had, it looked kind of like nebula's in space. A black background with waves of light green and blue. I looked up blotter art but can't find it :/
The reason I said that I don't belive it was an RC is because right when it started to kick in, I felt 'typical' acid effects: I saw a swirling light of green in the corner of my vision, what seemed like spirals that sparkled everywhere, breathing walls, amazing CEVs, massive pupils, brighter colors, patters were interesting, and a frying feeling. However what I find weird is the frying feeling. If I really focused on relaxing and made the spasms go away, I could feel like there was this air going into my head and I started to trip REALLY hard. The visuals would get crazy and I'd get a buzzing noise in my head. My body felt AMAZING. It was like being super baked x10. Almost like when you're high and do some nitrous but still, more intense.
However, after about 30 seconds I felt like I couldn't keep myself relaxed and lost the feeling. However, I seem to remember sort of 'passing out' or just going into a trance for about an hour.

Both trips lasted about 8 hours with visuals, but the second last about 14 with the last 4 hours being just very happy with huge pupils.

I'm not sure if this helps :)

Doesn't sound like LSD to me, but of course it's impossible to say for sure. But for the record, LSD should be tasteless.

weird; last time i did some L i got the shivers bad coming up but they went away, i also had the buzzing in my ears like i could here my voice in my head x10 reverberating. i swallowed it though no way i could of been that high off oral NBOME. i ate 3 tabs and was probly the strongest 3 i ever have had; everything else was just like an amazing acid trip though..

FWIW, I had a whole sheet of the mayan calendar tabs you posted an image of, and they were most definitely LSD. But just because we had the same image doesn't mean the same substance was on them.

LSD has vasoconstrictive properties and in some people in manifests in the legs, along with the general feeling of frisson. I've had leg spasms from pure LSD before and it's usually because my body is lacking in minerals prior to the trip.

So maybe it's a sign that I'm lacking some sort of nutrition? I trust my source. He doesn't actually make profit from me, he's just kind of a 'middle man'.
I always stay very hydrated the day of the trip and try to eat. However, both trips i didn't eat very much. Maybe that's it. Any tips for future?

I have gotten this effect from every psychedelic I've tried (thigh spasms/shivering). I generally associate it with anxiety. Mostly occurs on the come-up of psychs, and sometimes when coming out of DMT trips. It's just one of those mind fucks that you have to work around. I'd guarantee you thinking about it constantly makes it worse. Make sure your setting is comfortable and you're in the right state of mind. Get up and move around as well. Could just be that you have all this pent up energy inside of you that wants to escape. Run, dance, laugh. You're on acid, enjoy yourself!

I have gotten this effect from every psychedelic I've tried (thigh spasms/shivering). I generally associate it with anxiety. Mostly occurs on the come-up of psychs, and sometimes when coming out of DMT trips. It's just one of those mind fucks that you have to work around. I'd guarantee you thinking about it constantly makes it worse. Make sure your setting is comfortable and you're in the right state of mind. Get up and move around as well. Could just be that you have all this pent up energy inside of you that wants to escape. Run, dance, laugh. You're on acid, enjoy yourself!

truth ;)

Very good advice, royce! I will do so :)
I was stressing myself out reading up on 25i-NBOMe, thinking that's what I took. However, I figured out that from my judgement it will be nearly impossible to tell if what I have is an RC or real LSD. I will ask my source tomorrow when I see him.
Also, I've decided that sense Gabapentin helps with EVERY other stimulant I've taken, it will help on my next trip, so I'm super excited for saturday night! Maybe just that placebo will help me too ;)

Very good advice, royce! I will do so :)
I was stressing myself out reading up on 25i-NBOMe, thinking that's what I took. However, I figured out that from my judgement it will be nearly impossible to tell if what I have is an RC or real LSD. I will ask my source tomorrow when I see him.
Also, I've decided that sense Gabapentin helps with EVERY other stimulant I've taken, it will help on my next trip, so I'm super excited for saturday night! Maybe just that placebo will help me too ;)

immediate oral ingestion is a proper test; right? i have heard it might be active orally at quite high doses; but no way 3 hits eaten of NBOME will even get you a buzz. or have we came to a different conclusion?

immediate oral ingestion is a proper test; right? i have heard it might be active orally at quite high doses; but no way 3 hits eaten of NBOME will even get you a buzz. or have we came to a different conclusion?
Yes, it seems the orally non active thing was a myth. Based on what a number of bluelight members have reported, 3 hits orally would be plenty for a very strong trip.

Yah it's been proven false.
And my guy said "Don't even look shit up on the internet." I don't feel very safe. HOWEVER, he did say he went on a binge with these things for a while, taking 4 to 5 tabs every day for several weeks.
Based on my reaction to the 3.5 tabs, I think whatever the substance is, taking a smaller 3 tab dose SHOULD be safe. However, if one were to practice good harm reduction, it'd be safer to take small amounts (maybe 1 tab) every hour to see how that individual reacts. In the sense of time and curiosity, I'm just going to take 2 and see how it feels an hour later. If I'm buzzing hard enough, then there will be no need to take the third except to save it.
I'm really looking forward to the combination. However, I'm more positive than ever that this is 25i. The physical body load and mental effects (as well as taste) are all similar. There's a bitter tinge to it. I don't know.

Does the blacklight test truly work? I'm highly doubtful it's true, just wanting if any of you veteran psychonauts have an input.

I had two very similar experiences over a year ago with blotters sold as acid. Although I did experience cramps and notable muscle twitches on both occasions, I'm going to focus on the latter experience it being much more uncomfortable and resulting in (so far) permanent side effects.

I put the blotter on my gum and kept it there for about half an hour, no detectable taste or feeling of numbness. I could feel the effects within 1 hour. They were very subtle, mostly consisting of minor visual alterations on periphreal vision and a feeling of slight waving. After about 1.5-2.5 hours the real comeup started and I started getting this speedy feeling, confirming my suspections of the blotter being something other than acid. The visuals kicked in, but they didn't feel as "deep" as with my previous experience with LSD. My heart started racing and I started freaking out a little but at the same time trying to calm down knowing that panicing would only worsen the symptoms. I could feel popping in my right ear, maybe due to increased BP. I started noticing stiffness in my legs and arms, trying to reason that it would be probably due to stressful reaction for my trip, but the extreme stiffness in my right pinky finger resulting in almost complete inability to move it worried me quite a lot. It was a hot summer day and the drug made the temperature feel almost unbearable, causing great deal of sweating. I went to home in order to rehydrate and cool myself a little. Walking required significant effort because the bodyload was so intense and I recall experiencing some breathlessness (which could've been due to anxiety). I managed to get home, drink lots of water and wash my face with cool water after which I went to lie down in bed.

As I was lying there, my abs started twitching violently. After lying there for about half a hour, I was able to calm down a bit and could the stiffness and extreme twitches started to subside.

Overall the trip was quite short in duration compared to LSD, maybe 7-8 hours, but the side-effects were longlasting. I recall experiencing quite intense brain fog for few days after the trip and it certainly boosted my anxiety levels to a point I had to eventually visit a psychiatrist. Since that day I've been experiencing muscle twitches on a daily basis nearly everywhere in my body with varying frequencey, however fortunately they usually don't last more than a few minutes on a single muscle. My suspection is that the blotter was some sort of strange RC, but since I didn't notice any strong taste in it, at least 25i is ruled out. It could also be that some potent neurotoxin was laced on them on purpose, but I haven't found anything from the literature that would cause the symptoms I'm experiencing at such small dosages. I also visited a doctor, who concluded that my symptoms aren't indicating any serious neurological condition. Worth noting is that a friend of mine tried the same stuff and had no after-effects even though the trip itself was horrible. It's hard to tell whether you took the same substance as I did, but your description totally fits my experiences, and I advise you to not take any more of them. If anyone has any information of what the stuff could've possibly been, please let me know.

That's scary phyrexia! I'm sorry you had a bad trip that had life-altering effects.
The only two places our experiences vary is onset of the drug and taste.
After about an hour the drug for me was producing strong visuals, and I had peaked in about 2.5-3 hours.
Also, mine did have a bitterness flavor, but I've read some things elsewhere that's said it could be the blotter paper itself, because it's not exactly harsh, nor does it produce a 'chemical burn' feeling.

I had two very similar experiences over a year ago with blotters sold as acid. Although I did experience cramps and notable muscle twitches on both occasions, I'm going to focus on the latter experience it being much more uncomfortable and resulting in (so far) permanent side effects.

I put the blotter on my gum and kept it there for about half an hour, no detectable taste or feeling of numbness. I could feel the effects within 1 hour. They were very subtle, mostly consisting of minor visual alterations on periphreal vision and a feeling of slight waving. After about 1.5-2.5 hours the real comeup started and I started getting this speedy feeling, confirming my suspections of the blotter being something other than acid. The visuals kicked in, but they didn't feel as "deep" as with my previous experience with LSD. My heart started racing and I started freaking out a little but at the same time trying to calm down knowing that panicing would only worsen the symptoms. I could feel popping in my right ear, maybe due to increased BP. I started noticing stiffness in my legs and arms, trying to reason that it would be probably due to stressful reaction for my trip, but the extreme stiffness in my right pinky finger resulting in almost complete inability to move it worried me quite a lot. It was a hot summer day and the drug made the temperature feel almost unbearable, causing great deal of sweating. I went to home in order to rehydrate and cool myself a little. Walking required significant effort because the bodyload was so intense and I recall experiencing some breathlessness (which could've been due to anxiety). I managed to get home, drink lots of water and wash my face with cool water after which I went to lie down in bed.

As I was lying there, my abs started twitching violently. After lying there for about half a hour, I was able to calm down a bit and could the stiffness and extreme twitches started to subside.

Overall the trip was quite short in duration compared to LSD, maybe 7-8 hours, but the side-effects were longlasting. I recall experiencing quite intense brain fog for few days after the trip and it certainly boosted my anxiety levels to a point I had to eventually visit a psychiatrist. Since that day I've been experiencing muscle twitches on a daily basis nearly everywhere in my body with varying frequencey, however fortunately they usually don't last more than a few minutes on a single muscle. My suspection is that the blotter was some sort of strange RC, but since I didn't notice any strong taste in it, at least 25i is ruled out. It could also be that some potent neurotoxin was laced on them on purpose, but I haven't found anything from the literature that would cause the symptoms I'm experiencing at such small dosages. I also visited a doctor, who concluded that my symptoms aren't indicating any serious neurological condition. Worth noting is that a friend of mine tried the same stuff and had no after-effects even though the trip itself was horrible. It's hard to tell whether you took the same substance as I did, but your description totally fits my experiences, and I advise you to not take any more of them. If anyone has any information of what the stuff could've possibly been, please let me know.

Arrgg I've been looking all over the internet for someone with a similar story as mine!
I took a half of a tab at a music festival last month that ended up making me lose a certain amount of control over my coordination. My fingers and hands still lack a small amount of accuracy and I have persisting muscle twitches (Right now my left eyebrow has been twitching for almost an hour!)

It came on a white tab with no taste, the head trip was manageable and kinda fun for the come up but around 2 hours in the body load was so ridiculous that I had to spend most of the night in my tent. I remember laying down feeling like the muscles in my legs were going haywire! Little baby spasms shooting up and down my legs.

I am a flow enthusiast and around when the trip peaked I remember being no longer able to spin staff or poi without my hands fumbling around without coordination and a exhibiting a certain stiffness. This progressed with activity and eventually I became concerned that my trip would ultimately end in a seizure if I kept flowing. Better safe than sorry. On the walk back to my tent I realized that my feet and legs did not want to work correctly and were difficult to smoothly control. I would take breaks on the walk back because it felt like my legs were getting too tight and needed a chance to unwind. I also remember feeling a sensation of tightness in my hands as if they were swollen.
While I was laying down in my tent I remember that upon dozing off or zoning out my arms and hands would eventually work themselves into decerebrate posturing, something you see in major sports concussions and brainstem injury! Yikes man!

As I said earlier I've since had a lack of coordination to some extent and a weird feeling of lacking accuracy when I attempt to grasp things and other hand/finger related daily tasks - hardly noticeable but still there. On just half a tab! A friend had 2 tabs off the same blotter sheet with no negative side effects so I'm thankful for that... though it's a bit confusing. It was the only substance I took that night and the only substance she took so I don't know what to say about that piece of the puzzle.

Mental fog was pretty apparent the last two days of the festival and I felt extremely socially anxious for some reason, something very unusual for my personality.

I wish we could identify this substance because if these effects are long lasting that's a pretty serious deal!

Arrgg I've been looking all over the internet for someone with a similar story as mine!
I took a half of a tab at a music festival last month that ended up making me lose a certain amount of control over my coordination. My fingers and hands still lack a small amount of accuracy and I have persisting muscle twitches (Right now my left eyebrow has been twitching for almost an hour!)

It came on a white tab with no taste, the head trip was manageable and kinda fun for the come up but around 2 hours in the body load was so ridiculous that I had to spend most of the night in my tent. I remember laying down feeling like the muscles in my legs were going haywire! Little baby spasms shooting up and down my legs.

I am a flow enthusiast and around when the trip peaked I remember being no longer able to spin staff or poi without my hands fumbling around without coordination and a exhibiting a certain stiffness. This progressed with activity and eventually I became concerned that my trip would ultimately end in a seizure if I kept flowing. Better safe than sorry. On the walk back to my tent I realized that my feet and legs did not want to work correctly and were difficult to smoothly control. I would take breaks on the walk back because it felt like my legs were getting too tight and needed a chance to unwind. I also remember feeling a sensation of tightness in my hands as if they were swollen.
While I was laying down in my tent I remember that upon dozing off or zoning out my arms and hands would eventually work themselves into decerebrate posturing, something you see in major sports concussions and brainstem injury! Yikes man!

As I said earlier I've since had a lack of coordination to some extent and a weird feeling of lacking accuracy when I attempt to grasp things and other hand/finger related daily tasks - hardly noticeable but still there. On just half a tab! A friend had 2 tabs off the same blotter sheet with no negative side effects so I'm thankful for that... though it's a bit confusing. It was the only substance I took that night and the only substance she took so I don't know what to say about that piece of the puzzle.

Mental fog was pretty apparent the last two days of the festival and I felt extremely socially anxious for some reason, something very unusual for my personality.

I wish we could identify this substance because if these effects are long lasting that's a pretty serious deal!
Sorry to hear you've had to go through a similar event. Hopefully it relieves to know that you're not alone with the symptoms you are experiencing.

The daily fasciculations haven't stopped. However I've already gotten quite used to them, even though I still find them annoying. Among the twitches the most severe side effects from the drug where psychological. For two years I lived in a constant fear of having some persistent toxin, like mercury, in my system continually inflicting more and more damage eventually making me brain dead. I wasn't feeling normal mentally and was sure that it was due to brain damage caused by the drug. I spent great deal of time finding information on my symptoms and the more I read the more I convinced myself of having a serious neurological condition, ignoring the doctors advice to not to worry and furthering my already severe anxiety. When the worst anxiety started to subside, to my surprise the fasciculations would also decrease in intensity. Not going totally away, but becoming significatily less intense. Like I said in the first post they don't usually last for long in a single muscle anymore. Long-lasting bening fasciculations are in fact quite common in healthy individuals and there's even an online forum dedicated for the matter (http://www.aboutbfs.com/). I was also diagnosed with quite severe neck stiffness which, among anxiety, explained some of the dizziness I was experiencing. I've had issues with anxiety and hypochondira prior the experience, so It's not a surprise that such an event could greatly attenuate them.

To be honest I still don't feel completely back to baseline mentally, but overall the damage was quite small and I'm able to carry out daily tasks and schoolwork without problems. Due to fact that there are days with zero dizziness and good memory function, my doctor said it's very unlikely there's some progressing CNS-related condition going on. As said previously, anxiety and neck stiffness worsen the brain-foggish feeling. The key is to not to worry, eat healthy, sleep well and exercise (like for any drug-related cognitive impairment).

As for the coordination problems you're experiencing, I have noticed something similar, but compared to fasciculations and anxiety it's not a big issue. It's more like a restless legs symptom for fingers than a coordination problem. I also have a minor, but noticeable cogwheel-type rigidity in my right arm, though I'm not sure whether I already had it prior to the experience or not. I've decided not to give too much weight for all these symptoms. If they worsen I'll just see a doctor then and meanwhile enjoy life to it's fullest extent.

As of this day, it's still a total mystery what the stuff was and the fact that it's still going around (I'm assuming you took the same, or at least very similar chemical as me) was surprising. It seems that not everyone develops symptoms after exposure to the stuff, like with many other drugs and poisons. I know that drug identification isn't allowed here, but for the sake of harm reduction it would be good to know what the stuff was and inform as many people as possible that there's some mysterious RC, tainted LSD or LSD-analogue batch going around.

I hope you're doing well and that you don't have to go through with the same shit as me.

Last edited: