• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Are Morphine Pills Any Good for Recreational Use?

SpeedyBaboon

Bluelighter
Basically what the title says. Would morphine pills even be worth buying, or should I just stick to hydrocodone and oxycodone? If so, how many mg would be a good first time dose on average to get a good body high? If it helps, I'm about 46 kg and have negligible tolerance, having only taken hydrocodone once before. I had a very satisfying experience with taking 20 mg of hydrocodone, so about how much morphine would cause similar results? Thanks in advance for your help.

Morphine is generally more sedating and weaker in terms of euphoria. If you don't have a tolerance to opiates though, it will definitely get you high in a similar fashion but i find it to be inferior to the smooth energetic feeling of hydro and oxycodone. Usually morphine is the same strength as hydrocodone mg to mg, but for me personally i need about 30mg morphine to give me the satisfaction of 20mg hydrocodone. Morphine is more prone to cause nausea and lethargy.

Yeah ER pills are a pain in the ass. It's extremely hard to compare an ER form of one drug to an IR form of another drug. You're probably talking about the capsules filled with beads. I would crush those into a fine powder and treat it as IR and then use a similar dose to that of your IR hydrocodone, but it might take some experimentation.

The pill is actually a tablet strangely enough (I thought most ER pills were capsules with beads too; my Adderall XR is like that). It's apparently a 100 mg morphine sulfate ER tablet, with ABG imprinted on one side and 100 on the other.

I would take a quarter and see how you feel the problem is it takes a lot longer to kick in. I'd chew it but a lot of those ER tablets will still absorb relatively slowly when chewed.

Eh, I'm probably just gonna avoid using morphine altogether since from what I've heard it's not very euphoric, and I pretty much have frequent access to hydrocodone and oxycodone anyway, which are much more "fun" drugs. But thanks for your help anyway!

Who told you morphine wasn't any "fun"? What do u think every junkie was into before heroin became mainstream. Morphines a great drug IMO, problem with it is the low BAs for oral or intranasal administration. IVing the morphine tablets is very similar to iv heroin. Pretty much dependent on ROA. People will use a drug once (often incorrectly) and then go and tell their friends how much it sucks. "Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one"

I'm assuming the OP is ingesting it orally, which i'd like to assume stays that way. Sure IV morphine has a uniquely heavy rush.

Eh, I'm probably just gonna avoid using morphine altogether since from what I've heard it's not very euphoric, and I pretty much have frequent access to hydrocodone and oxycodone anyway, which are much more "fun" drugs. But thanks for your help anyway!
In my opinion morphine is better than oxy and hydro. just cuz a couple people told you its not that europhic doesnt mean you shouldnt try it, i love morphine im about to pop 2 of the 100s right now and be high for the next 12 hours ;)

Morphine is one of the best opiates IMO if your slammin it. If your snortin it or any other route they are garbage and waste of money. Would probably have to do at least double or triple your normal dose of oxycodone to reach an effect your looking for, maybe even more in my experience anyway. Don't get carried away and OD though. Morphine gives that couch lock heavy nod feeling while oxy/hydro you can go out and do shit or get shit done around the house. I prefer the nodding zombie high ;) but I don't think you will get a heavy nod with morphine without slamming it or without doing a shit tonne.

Yeah, I know morphine has a huge bioavailability when injected, but like Crashing assumed, I'm just talking about using it orally. Injecting pills carries additional risks I'm not willing to take at this time, especially since I'd have to go out of my way to get a syringe and needle.

You're smart not to pick up the needle.

Just wanted to add that if it's your first time w morphine, it's more allergy prone than other narcotics. I have an allergy to morphine and not to anything else. Be careful and have an antihistamine on hand.
(I presented with large welts/hives on my chest with first therapeutic dose)

^ hroin is the perfected version of morphine, its more liposoluble so it crosses the BBB much faster -> more euphoria and stronger effects. But morphine's effects have a pretty long duration, more than heroin's.

If ur not IVing it .. And u have a tolerance .. Morphine kind of sucks . u need so much .but being opi naive u should get a kick

I prefer oxy to morphine, more euphoric, and morphines oral BA is so low, especially compared to oxy... The IV morphine rush is nice, but i strongly recommend going sown that alley... morphine is more sedating and noddy than oxy imo...

Check the opiate convertion charts (remember morphine has a low oral BA, but a relatively high (nearly double the oral) BA when plugged), then judge for yourself if you prefer it...

Morphine Sulphate tablets suck orally if you have any kind of tolerance, and they work poorly intranasally. I've never slammed them so I can't comment, but just stick to Oxycodone It's the best. Well, Opana was the best, but you can't pulverize them anymore.

Last edited:
I do know that Opana now has a "crush resistant" formula, but what exactly does that mean? Obviously it can still be crushed up, since I can't picture a change in formula making a literally indestructible tablet. What happens if you crush it? Does it just burn your nose when you snort it or something?