• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam timeline

romealone

Bluelighter
For those dependent on etizolam, how long after last dosage does withdrawal kick in. The half life is listed as very short (3.5 hrs) so I would think WD would,occur very quickly. However there may be metabolites I am unaware of that would lengthen this time.

My gf uses about 4mg a day for 4 months but she has gone 24 hrs with no withdrawal. I would have expected WD well within that time with such a short acting and short half life benzo.

Anyone w experience care to weigh in

The two known metabolites are alpha-hydroxyetizolam and 8-hydroxyetizolam and have a half life of about 8 hours. If you're 24 hours out you're probably clear - I never got a real dependence with Etizolam regardless of my multi-week binges.

I have actually gone 36-48 hours before feeling etizolam withdrawals. I always just feel extreme derealization, and very odd digestive issues where you just cant eat or go to the bathroom for a few days and your stomach hurts. I've come off doses similar to your girlfriend, and it was bearable. Not near as bad as a xanax detox at similar miligrams.

I believe I read something about it only hitting a certain sub-type of GABA A receptor, thus making WD not as bad as normal benzos.

I took 8 mg a day plus 20 a day while kicking opiates. When I ran out I was superised I had barely any withdrawal . Etizolam is a lifesaver. Batch I have now is gold dust. 99.9 pure. It's insane and crazy expensive but for the conesouir in me I can't help it. Impure stuff just makes me sleepy. This makes me happy and euphoric

Surprisingly the wd symptoms are not as bad with Etizolam as they are with traditional benzo's I would eat about 30mg a day for 6 months and never really had any symptoms i honestly really like the drug however I cannot use it anymore, treatment
Xanax and clonazapam wd are much much worse

Yeah, I used etizolam off and on for 2 years. This is anywhere from 4mg on a work day, to 15mg on my day off. I probably went on 3 month long binges, and quit no problem. Either the 4th or 5th binge I did, I had terrible withdrawal. I felt like I wasn't on planet earth. I somehow made it through work the first day, just ended up in the toilet a lot. Next two days I was out of comission. Banging my head on the wall, shitting and puking. The digestive issues are very strange with etizolam. it makes your stomach hurt so bad, to where you cant even drink water with it. I think the rumors about it being serotonergic are right, because it honestly reminded me a lot of coming off tramadol and wellbutrin. Both of those gave me terrible derealization, to where I would have hallucinations about where I was. Etizolam does this too.

By day 4 I woke up a little weird, but by the middle of the day, I pretty much felt back to normal. I noted how weird it was to wake up in withdrawal, and have it wear off within 2 hours of getting up.

I think the serotonin botered me as well. I was a year plus on 10+ mg etiz a day. Sometimes by itself othertimes I woud use clonazepam, which I was scripted.
Sometimes xanax too when desperate. Thatsthe only benzo easiy found on the street here in my area, xanax. Ugh.

Etizolam certainly gave me rough w/d. It also seemed very effective while using it. Except it only lasting 3-6 hrs max each dose. Even if its metabolites last longer half-life wise, it really only lasts like 4 hrs or so once adjusted. But u just keep taking more so it builds up.... that's the catch.

It takes a day or two for the hard symptoms to hit in some cases. But the people claiming no w/d are either lucky or full of it. Its very similar to xanax w/d for me. Ad I took etizolam only for a bit too to test if I was feeling other w/d's. Only thiing I've kept taking is 1mg morning of suboxone/.5 at night. The etiz w/d was certainlly there.

Just thought id post this too many threads talk of little/no w/d. Eventually it will be like traditional benzo w/d or worse due to that serotonin jazz and very short half-life / how long each dose feels like its lasting etc...

Anyone go into an ER or professional of any sort for etizolam abuse-witdrawal-dependency ?? I'm curious how that played out if so...
You really shouldn't c/t this substance imho.
- slum