• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

how long for sleep cycle to return to normal after quitting weed?

.:Holy::Toast:.

Bluelighter
I recently decided to take a break from marijuana and all other drugs and try to focus more on my schooling, but in the couple days since I've quit I've woken up EXTREMELY tired.
As in have to literally roll out of bed to get up with extremely blood shot eyes.
I wake in the middle of the night but this is a normal occurrence.
I'm definitely experiencing REM rebound because for the first time in probably half a year I was actually able to remember the full dream I had throughout the night.
I obviously hate being lethargic and I was wondering how long for my sleep cycle to return to normal?

I stopped cold turkey about 6 months ago. Normal sleep returned after about 2 weeks. My dreams are still very vivid though. I smoked daily for years.

I recently decided to take a break from marijuana and all other drugs and try to focus more on my schooling, but in the couple days since I've quit I've woken up EXTREMELY tired.
As in have to literally roll out of bed to get up with extremely blood shot eyes.
I wake in the middle of the night but this is a normal occurrence.
I'm definitely experiencing REM rebound because for the first time in probably half a year I was actually able to remember the full dream I had throughout the night.
I obviously hate being lethargic and I was wondering how long for my sleep cycle to return to normal?

Depends on how much you were smoking and at what times of the day. And yes, why you were smoking (medical or recreational) and for how long. Earlier this year when I was on a non voluntary break for 7 months, my sleep was fucked up for....7 months.

I've always been a vivid dreamer, but some of the stuff that crept up during that 7 months was unintelligible (Ben Affleck breaking in my house to steal college exams, etc)..

Woke up tired every day and the morning nausea started after 5 or 6 weeks.

I want to say it will go away, but depending on your smoking habits, it may not.

Tom

try a beer or some lemon balm tea at night and maybe lull yourself to sleep with some reading

Ben Affleck breaking in my house to steal college exams, etc

I've got news for you, that was no dream! Bwahahahaha *disappears into the fog*

Have you tried exercising (a long run is perfect ime) 2-4 hours before going to bed? I don't have sleep issues fortunately and am not an abitual smoker at all but that works great usually and relaxes me a lot.
Also you have the plus of being more healthy and being more relaxed overall.

Well I used recreationally at a more than daily rate for well over a a few years with sporadic breaks in between.
I really do need to get back in to exercising again, but I have been finding it hard to find time with full time university classes but I think I'm making excuses haha, the thing is that I need to exercise in the morning or afternoon otherwise I still will not be able to sleep if I exercise in the evening.