Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(DXM 600 mg) 3rd time user

pat079

Greenlighter
Okay so i wanted to share my experience with DXM to you guys. It was about 8 months ago when i had my bad trip. The first two times i tried it it felt great i only did 300 mg. The third time i thought i was read for double that amount because i was reading other peoples experiences and 600mg sounded okay. I was suspended from school the day i planned this out so when i woke up i asked my momif i could go for a quick walk because i didnt feel good. Walgreens was about a 15 minute walk away so i ran as fast as i could and i stole two bottles of robitussin cough gels. I sprinted back home and i was only gone for about 10 minutes so everything worked out great there was no reason for my mom to suspect anything. Okay it was about 5:30 pm and i swallowed all 40 pills which = 600mg. About 45 minutes later i started feeling like i usually do off 300mg but as time went on it was getting bad. Let me tell you guys i was living with my grandparents at the time and they were picking me up from my mothers at 8:00pm. They arrived and when i got up it was an amazing yet scary feeling. My body felt very heavy and i felt as if i was watching myself do everything. So i got i said by to my mom and got into the car. We got home and i had a few stairs to walk up to get to my door and it felt extremely hard to keep balance but i did. I then went into my grandparent room and asked for a bogie. I lit it up and i noticed my grandparents looking at me funny... they ended up asking wtf was wrong with me they said something looked very wrong so i showed them the bottle of cough gels. I dont know why i showed them i guess they just frightened me. They rushed me to the emergency room and by this time(8:45pm) i felt retarded. Let me mention i was a heavy weed smoker i would smoke about a quarter oz a day. We got out of the car and when i was walking into the emergency room i could barely see anything and my legs werent really working. I was there all the way until morning time they gave me an iv and used a cathater or whatever its called the thing they use to shove in your dick to get urine out. They said i would be fine and that once i could piss on my own i could leave(that was at about 6:30am). I was still high at this point and all i remember was going home and falling asleep. The next morning i had court... my grandparents filed a CRA on me and i got put on probation. I also had to go to a rehabilitation program for 6 months. So basically dxm ruined my life. I notice that my anxiety is absolutely terrible now. I cant walk around in public without a bunch of thoughts going through my head like whos looking at me ? Am i walking weird ? You know just stuff like that i also notice i am very anti social now. Does DXM cause long term anxiety ? I am now back home smoking weed on the regular but nothing stupid ever again because those 6 months were the worst time of my life.

Seems like you have a mild case of PTSD which probably stemmed from being exposed by your grandparents and hospitalized while tripping. 600mg blasted you into a 3rd plateau which is a completely different animal than a 300mg 2nd plateau. Sorry this happened, but in time you should being to forget about the whole thing. You probably would have been fine if you were with a friend, or even alone, but tripping with the wrong set and setting really backfired.

Yea bro my grandparents scared me they made me think i overdosed or something

Just a trip only trip when you have like a whole day or more to trip to avoid stress etc so you can enjoy the trip. And yer I know how scary a bad trip can be with someone thinking your dying and they don't understand your all g

Weed might not be adviseabe, depending on your predosition and PTSD, schizophrenia, etc and what type of strand you're using.

So basically dxm ruined my life.

are you sure it wasn't your poor choice of a moderately strong, unfamiliar dose? or the decision to take dissociative drugs in the presence of family?

just sayin' my dude - don't just blame the drug when you've clearly made a few irresponsible moves here.

that said, all the best of luck in returning to some sense of "normalcy".