• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health in a mixed state. needing others experiences

sharpthings13

Greenlighter
I am needing feedback and/or responses from others who have had or currently have similar issues. I've been on many different medications, received different diagnoses and tried therapy but have yet to find anything that really works. Currently my DX is ADHD, depression, panic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. My RX's are currently vyvanse, lamictol, clonazapam and ambien.(sorry about any spelling errors) I am soon going to be seeing yet another new set of Dr's due to moving. I'm in the mixed state of helplessness, nervousness and uncertainty. I am only 25 and I'm already tired of the merry-go-round of drs and meds. Has anyone finally found a balance of what works for them? Was therapy really beneficial along with medications? I've tried talking with family/ friends, only to get responses from the drs will take care of you, to most recently being told by a close friend that I am not "crazy" and I'm fully capable of everything if I just tried hard enough. So now I'm reaching out to people with personal experience with fighting mental illness and finding balance in treatment. Thanks :)

ADHD is one of the most misunderstood conditions, as many associate hyperactivity or lack of attention as the main symptoms. ADHD can cause depression and anxiety as well.

When you see a general MD, their goal is to RX medications that they will get a better financial return for. Combine that with the benzo nation, and you'll never truly feel well again.

Have you tried the natural route? Such as vitamins (mainly omegas) to help with the brain fog. And finding a good outlet to burn off that energy, so it doesn't turn into anxiety?

At 22, my baby brother has one of the worst cases of ADHD, he fidgets non stop and doesn't retain anything you say. Combined with thrill seeking behavior, his rap sheet is growing, loosing his license twice.

He smokes weed but ever since tossing the benzos and taking several brain boosting vitamin combos, he feels better now.

Hope you get the answers you need. Best wishes.

I have different diagnoses (autism.depression) i am on Abilify
I have felt similar to how you described, just totally NEUROTIC at times and my abilify helps me out, but it has some drawbacks like akathisia
I recommend you give it a try, but it is so expensive because Big Pharma wants all the money and it hasn't gone generic yet.
Last i checked like 600$ a month. fortunately i have insurance but if u dont it can be problematic.
A cheaper also effective med is Quetiapine (seroquel) but it is highly sedating

Will Hall is someone whose voice I trust very much. It is the most difficult things in the world to navigate mental illness these days with the advent of a new medication for every newly pathologized aspect of the human variation. I'm not saying to throw the medical model out the window completely--just to treat it with a healthy dose of caution and awareness of the presence of big pharma in any research. You are certainly not in this alone and your instincts are good to reach out to others in the same struggle. One of the most difficult aspects of anyone's life is coming to terms with what they can and cannot change using the mind alone. Unfortunately modern "treatment" seems to be going backwards in this regard. With all the new brain research we have as well as research into mind/body connection and the evidence that narcissistic cultures are creating a pandemic of disconnection from each other, we are not taught the very basic tools of self-healing that humans have always employed--connection to something greater than oneself, connection to other human beings, the activation of feel-good chemistry through exercise, trance, meditation etc.

I wish you well as you explore all this. Just remember that what is called science today may be called a myth tomorrow. Keep your mind open and think for yourself while looking for strategies that can help you to manage your emotions and thoughts.<3