• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Would taking hydrocodone and oxycodone together cause any unique experience?

SpeedyBaboon

Bluelighter
This question's been bothering me for a while. It seems to me like taking these two together wouldn't be noticeably different than just taking a larger amount of either of them, since they're both so similar, with oxy being basically just a stronger form of hydro. However, I have heard many people say that the highs from these two differ in other ways besides intensity. Maybe the answer to this question would differ from person to person, but have any of you ever tried this combination before for some reason and had an experience that was different from either one individually? If so, was it different enough to actually be worth wasting extra money on (getting one high from enough opiates for two highs)? Any input would be appreciated.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Was just a hypothetical question. I really can't possibly see how it would lead to anything worth spending that much more money for, but just thought I'd ask because you never know lol.

Hydrocodone + Oxycodone = Hydroxycodone.

Take even just half a teaspoon of that and you'll become invincible.

#Science.

Before switching to opana , I used to be on the yellow percs. I would occasionally throw a 10/650 lorcet in there and it helped a little more with the pain. Now there's norco, and they suck.
Depends on your tolerance and what you take on a daily basis but I'd say tossing a hydro in with oxy would be a waste now.

Well the oxy is definitely stronger and more euphoric than hydro but the hydro can be a bit more sedating and the oxy has a more uplifting high that gives you more energy and focus while still giving the opiate relaxing euphoria.But if the price and mgs of the pills are similar I would say that anything you spend on hydro would be money better spent on oxy unless you just happen to come across a stupid good deal on hydro_Oxy is definitely the better of the two.Most conversion charts I've read say 5mg oxy is equal to 7.5mg hydro but I think the difference is greater.I'd just buy as much oxy as I could afford.

I tried this combo when I was scripted 5mg/ apap of both hydro and oxy for wisdom teeth. I don't remember it being any different then either alone. the effects just depended on how much more of one I took than the other, if I took more hydro I would only feel a hydro buzz. The highs are very similar to me.

Well the oxy is definitely stronger and more euphoric than hydro but the hydro can be a bit more sedating and the oxy has a more uplifting high that gives you more energy and focus while still giving the opiate relaxing euphoria.But if the price and mgs of the pills are similar I would say that anything you spend on hydro would be money better spent on oxy unless you just happen to come across a stupid good deal on hydro_Oxy is definitely the better of the two.Most conversion charts I've read say 5mg oxy is equal to 7.5mg hydro but I think the difference is greater.I'd just buy as much oxy as I could afford.
I'm currently paying about twice the price per mg for oxy than for hydro. Do you think that's a good enough deal for the hydro to justify buying that more than oxy?

Last edited:
^^^^They really don't allow price discussion on here but damn that's expensive for both.In your situation,I guess I would go with the Norco.I used too get those before getting switched to perc 10s and they really aren't bad.I have legitimate chronic pain though and find oxy to be more effective at it's intended purpose.But as a rec thing I would never pay that.

Ah, sorry, I'm new here and while I knew that source discussion and buying/selling was against the rules, I wasn't aware that telling prices wasn't allowed. Thanks for the heads up. I've now edited it so it doesn't say exact prices, so hopefully that's... less rule breaking, lol.

No worries.They aren't my rules,I just follow 'em and didn't want someone to make some kinda shitty comment to you.But do you have legit pain or is it just recreational?If you have pain then I would guess it would all depend on how much relief you get from one vs the other.If it's recreational then it all comes down to how much difference you feel in the high.

I do have minor chronic pain, but I have nothing prescribed for it (and it's unlikely that I could get anything prescribed for it, seeing as I'm already prescribed Adderall, so doctors would probably be reluctant to prescribe a pain medication as well), and I'm not mainly using it for that. My use is mostly recreational, but making the pain go away for at least a few hours every week (I don't use opioids more than once a week, since I don't want to get a physiological dependence) is definitely an added bonus. I'm mainly just going for a better high, since both hydro and (I assume) oxy suppress my pain sufficiently. I haven't tried oxy yet, but I plan to later this week, so I guess I'll find out which I prefer at that time.

I like to encourage behaviors I find admirable in hopes that it has some minor effect in promoting those types of behaviors amongst our collective. I feel one way of doing this is complimenting the perpetuators of these qualities: such as the incredibly grounded and respectful posters in the forum (and who doesn't like a genuine compliment.)
It does my cynical heart good to see people such as yourselves conduct discussion so respectfully and with open minds.
Thanks for restoring my faith that there are other level headed rationalists considering viewpoints from more than a singular perspective, and not being so quick to generalize.
Stay beautiful smart people, and my white collar recs

Pretty sad that people are getting hooked on this I use it sparingly I don't want to get hooked on it only take it when needed. Sad but true vicodin is moved to schedule 2 it is very addictive I have list friends and family from starting out on pain killers like oxy and vicodin then turn to heroin sad sad thing I blame Dr's for over prescribing.

I've been a regular user of both for 5 years and I honestly don't notice that much of a difference between the two. I've mixed then together and they're pretty much interchangeable.

Thank you! That's pretty much exactly what I needed to know lol. I'm a cancer patient not a recreational user and I broke my back so normally I take norco for the chemo related pain but I also have oxy at the moment for my back which is killing me so really I'm just wondering if combining the 2 would help more with the pain or if it's too dangerous...I also use medical marijuana occasionally if that matters.