• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids extracted codeine (from ac&c) shelf life?

miscbrahh

Bluelighter
Wondering what the shelf life would be if I were to extract codeine out of ac&c (8 mg codeine per pill) and put the liquid in the fridge.

Also would there be any shelf life difference if I left it out at room temperature?

The reason for this question is because it's annoying to take the (crushed) ac&c tablets and filter it through... literally takes 10+ minutes every time. Seems like it would be easier to just extract all the codeine, have it in a container, and then just portion out the right amount.

I don't think it would expire any time quickly but I'm unsure.

However if the method you are using takes too long and is a hassle, perhaps you could try my method.

I use a small bottle with a nozzle cap. Put a single folded up peice of toilet tissue (or half of a peice if it is too hard to filter) folded up, or a peice of one of those dry cotton makeup pads on the inside of the nozzle so it creates a filter between the inside of the bottle and the nozzle.

Put 50 ml and your dose worth of ac&c inside (no need to crush, just let it sit for a while, shaking it every couple minutes) and then gently squeeze the water out.
This whole process is really quite easy and I've used it often :)

According to reference books i have codeine has a shelf of about a year as a pure form properly stored. lowering temp will almost always extend shelf. Big question is how long do you want to keep it around?

I've left it out at room temp about a week and the only thing that happens is some of the water evaporates.
I've always done them up fresh though since they only take about 30 seconds to whip up.

Never tried myself, usually waited 24 hours left at the most.

This is mainly because I've heard/read of people having issues keeping codeine in liquid (water?) for too long. Something along the lines of it going 'funky'.

What amounts and how long we talking?

Maybe using a completely sterile water would help?

Never tried myself, usually waited 24 hours left at the most.

This is mainly because I've heard/read of people having issues keeping codeine in liquid (water?) for too long. Something along the lines of it going 'funky'.

What amounts and how long we talking?

Maybe using a completely sterile water would help?

decided against it.

also that sounds disgusting... funky smelling codeine... as if it's not already disgusting enough :(

decided against it.

also that sounds disgusting... funky smelling codeine... as if it's not already disgusting enough :(

I remember once I wanted to try and see how long it would take to evaporate the water, leaving just the codeine behind... the end result was indeed "funky"
it didn't have the same taste as it does normaly and when I attempted to put it back into water, it did not seem to want to dissolve. Almost like it started turning into its free base form or somthing.
It also gave me a hell a tummy ache