• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

I'm now on day 3 of withdrawal..

Roxirode

Greenlighter
Day three of withdrawal

Hey guys I'm kinda new to all of this so Ill just jump in. Im 18 and have had pain in my back since I was in a fatal car accident when i was 16 my best friend died but
I did not. Ever since then my back has caused me horrible pain. I work full time and sadly my job requires a lot of physical work. I used to live in another state and when I lived there my doc had me on 10mg hydro 4 times daily. I moved to a different state and here they are much more strict on who they give narcotics to so of course i was cut off out of no where. Since then I went 'elsewhere' for my pain pills and now have become addicted to morphine and oxycodone at the peak of my usage I was using 200mg of ms contin with 60-120mg of oxycodone a day. Well I decided that the pills were just destroying me so I stopped without tapering because well I don't have the self control for that I'm now on day 3 of withdrawal and I'm in horrible pain. Will day 4 and 5 be any better? All I've thought about today was taking pills and destroying this pain I'm in. Not sure how much longer I can do this since I must be at work tomorrow and can not get out of it..

Last edited:
Hey Roxirode, and welcome to Bluelight=D

Im going to move your post to its own thread. You will be able to edit the title by clicking on the edit button of you your post and then clicking on go advanced. You can then edit the title.

Sorry you are suffering.. your over half way keep it up!!

I'm honestly surprised you aren't already feeling better, although I guess you were doing a fairly heavy amount and without tapering and all...so idk, you should probably be about over the hill at this point? It's tough to know, but in general (and admittedly, most of my experience comes from heroin) withdrawal lasts between 3 and 7 days depending on the size of a person's habit. Still though, it's not like it's all going to magically dissipate all of a sudden, if you still feel like shit now unfortunately you're probably still going to feel like shit tomorrow no matter what, chances are you'll just feel some amount less like shit than you do at the moment. You have my sympathy. Being sick already sucks, as does having to work at a shitty job that requires a lot of being up and moving, so needless to say combining the two is never a fun endeavor.

Have you checked out the bluelight opiate withdrawal megathread up in here? I actually have that shit bookmarked. There are a lot of helpful steps you can take. I know for example that understanding what immodium/loperamide is and what it does significantly helped me out (granted, you still hurt like hell, it doesn't do a lot about that, and even generic lope can be a tad pricy which can be a problem if the reason you stopped using is because you ran out of money, but hey, at least your guts aren't constantly revolting against you. That's always a pleasant change of pace). As a matter of fact a lot of what people ask there are questions like yours. If you aren't terribly experienced with opiate withdrawal that's likely a good place to start. There isn't a lot anyone can do to make your sickness fade faster, but there are ways to make it more bearable at least. Ultimately being dope sick is a lot like being standard-sick. A lot of the same stuff applies, and similarly a bit of know-how goes a long way.

But anyways, while I understand this isn't a lot of consolation, know that regardless of the specific time frame you'll be over this bullshit soon, and next thing you know you'll be right as rain. This will all just be an unpleasant memory. Granted, the same principle could just as readily apply to the temporary nature of getting high in the first place, or really most things that feel good in life...or really life in general...but that's depressing, so let's just focus on getting better for now.

Hi Welcome to BL.

I have an injury and am off opiates now recently. If it's day 3… keep going, day 3,4 is usually when the symptoms peak .. then will level off. Your bp should start lowering after day 4,5 for sure.

Day 6, 7 I still had anxiety, but the physical symptoms lessened a lot!

~ Smoky

Yeah this isn't my first time in withdrawal but with that being said this has by far been the worst withdrawal I've had to endure. Last time I was in withdrawal all the physical shit was pretty much gone by day three I was even able to sleep for around 5-7 hours for those few nights. I guess looking back now I got off pretty damn easy considering my dosage at that time. This time around is a whole different ball game. Ive only slept for a total of 10 hours if that for these three days. And today I worked 13 hours and I honestly thought it was going to kill me all I thought about was calling my boss and telling him I'm fucking leaving ill be back in a week. Yeah good thing I didn't do that.
Im just not sure I'm ready to quit. It sucks to have your back hurt 24/7 no matter what you do. Unless you gobble some oxy.. Scares the shit out of me when i think about when I'm older and how much worse it will get.
Im only quitting because of my girlfriend and the strain it puts on our relationship and don't forget the thousands of dollars just wasted although Ive still always had enough to pay bills and what not.
I don't know I'm probably just rambling and out of my mind right now I need sleep.
Thanks for the welcomes though!
So I broke down today. I got called into work unexpectedly to pick up another guys shift and couldn't take it anymore so I tried to take just a little medicine to get me through work now I'm 16mg of dilaudid down. So I made it 5 days. I think I could kick this if I had just one full week off from everything..

Last edited: