• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenibut withdrawals??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
PRETTY SURE for the last 3 days or so I just went through Phenibut withdrawals; these are something I def. went through in the past but its been a long time and I have been taking such a smaller dosage, so I was shocked it hit me like that.

back in the day (5-6 years ago) I would take 3G's in AM and 3G's in PM - first time doing Phenibut because I heard its a lot like GHB and I wanted to give it a try. well, I abused it and ended up running out after using it 3 weeks straight and was miserable for about 3-4 days.

how long do you think phenibut withdrawals last?

nowadays I take 2G or 3G's TOPS throughout the entire day, but I probably ran it 10 days straight or so, and then took a DAY off, and then ran it another 5 or 6 days, so since Thursday I haven touched it and I felt like shit Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and here it is Sunday, and I am starting to feel better.

at first I thought it was because I was dropping my methadone (I was on 95MG of methadone 2 months ago and now down to 48MG) but I never had a problem dropping the done' but figured it COULD be that, but now today I am feeling much better and actually wanting to leave the house, get out of bed, shower, not blow my head off, not depressed, etc, so I am thinking it may have been phenibut withdrawals.

what do you guys think?

symptoms for me:

serious depression
restlessness
barely slept; would pass out for an hour, wake up, sit there in misery, think of how bad life is, etc
no drive or motivation to leave the house
not that hungry

but as of now all that feels gone in only 3 days; is that even possible?

Well my friend fenibut will give you a w/d like reaction if taken in large doses and more than the 1-3 days most say to limit it too. I will not preach that the amount and duration you are doing is a little ( or a lot ) over the top. However B/L is for harm reduction. use you own judgement. From my own experiences with fenibut more than 3 days made me feel like s*i&. Try hydrating and take some vitamins for the after effect. Good Luck, M

Sounds like withdrawal. Next time just get some gabapentin when you run out of phenibut, works like a charm.

Phenibut raises tolerance more than most other GABA agonists, or so I've read. Knowing that, it would make sense that dosing for over two weeks at multiple grams per day would cause withdrawal. That's much too often to be taking it, man. You really shouldn't even be taking multiple grams unless you're trying to get high on just that for some special occasion.

I been using the shit for a while, and would run 5 days on, then 3 days off, etc, etc. always worked, but just used way too much over last 2 weeks and def. went through 3 days of withdrawal, but on day 4 I felt great and even today I feel great, so guess what I just did? 2Gs of Phenibut, lol! ha.

gaba such a pain to get around here; or they call them Johnnies in this area. everyone LOVES THEM but yet I know no one who has/sells em.. what the fuck! but good to know, guys.. thanks for the info!

and not sure how many of you are dope fiends or problems w/ opiates, but Phenibut helped w/ those withdrawals very much.

sound to me like paws from the methadone but maybe its a combination of a little wd's from both?
maybe the methadone drop makes the wd's from phenibut more noticeble ? dont know phenibut tho never tried it

nah, def. not the done alone because since I've been dropping never had problems; well, not yet, but I know those are too come. but since I stopped taking Phenibut last week it was only 3 days straight where I wanted to blow the brains out, but come that 4th day, and my done' dosage was even LOWER, I felt great and ready to rock the world.

ended up taking Phenibut today but will def. hold off tomorrow and chill w/ that cuz I am going to be using that and other things once the done is almost done and the fiending of dope starts to come back.

Gabapentin isn't a controlled substance and can be easily found. Not trying to be an ass but I only emphasize it so much because it helped me so much to get off phenibut. It was scary easy when I was just taking 600-1200mg a day of gabapentin. I hear of all the horror stories with phenibut WD and just know that gabapentin could help all these people.

horror stories w/ phenibut withdrawals? I've been through heroin/methadone withdrawals, so the phenibut withdrawals at times felt a walk in a field.

yea, withdrawals are always tough, without a doubt, but that damn opiate withdrawal is what hit me hardest and still fighting. although benzo withdrawal gave me a seizure but I was able to somehow STOP that and never got back.

All withdrawals are quite awful. My heroin withdrawal cold turkey was intense, but my Suboxone cold turkey (someone stole my strips) were even worse.

But they are all different. Phenibut over time fucks your GABAb system up, and tapering to 0 using Gabapentin (or Lyrica in my case) feels easy, but the after effects once off are a whole different field, depending on your dosing. The worst being anhedonia, which is terribly hard to overcome. I take my Adderall to appear human again, but it ends with only anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.