• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Round 2 with opiate withdrawal, confused

cay

Bluelighter
So round 1 I tried doing a quick taper then wd. It was terrible by day 3 I was in the ER getting pumped back full of opiates.

This time, it's irritating but that's just about it. I'm sleeping, I'm eating, I'm vomiting still (but not much) difference is I tapered. What I'm confused is at best this could be considered day 3 (found a couple of cottons) and I am starting to feel better. What I am scared of is the inevitable crash after starting to feel better, is that coming?

Any advice?

Oh I should mention I still haven't gotten diareha and am still having issues shitting.

I have been taking opiates for 10 years, last real dose before taper about 100mg of diluaded, taper was down to really 16mg, but did a quick taper to 4mg.

Last edited:
Hey cay
How are you feeling now? I would think being on opiates for 10 years you will feel some form of hell. Although your taper probably helped some. Hang in there you can do it.
I quit OxyContin after just over 10 years of use and I felt awful for a good 3 weeks. But now at almost 6 months I'm feeling good. It takes awhile but certainly worth it.

honestly the shoe never dropped, I mean I get mad cravings every once in awhile but I think that's caused more by the cigarettes than anything (always comes about halfway through a cigarette). I mean I don't get it, this time around it's been a fucking joke and for so long?