• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Replacing Ritalin with Adderall and withdrawal

tmr123

Greenlighter
If someone has been taking Ritalin - too much of it - and they are being switched to Adderall, will Adderall diminish any possible (probable) Ritalin withdrawal because they release very similar neurotransmitters?

I mean you would have to be taking hundreds of mgs a day for a number of years. . . Stimulants typically aren't the most physically addictive substance... your body will for the most part function just find; its your mind. You feel like you NEED to have this substance for x y and z reasons; so when you have to go without (well at least when i do) you feel "crappy" ---

Adderall is a much more potent and enjoyable stimulant , if ritalin was silver; it'd be gold .... you are going to be going through the opposite of withdrawal, blossum.

I went from Ritalin to Adderall back to Ritalin and didn't have any withdrawals on either switch. But i disagree with the post above me on Adderall being better. Ritalin is by far the best if you can find the right brands (i like Sandoz and Mallinckrodt).

Seriously guys, dont use one personal experience to deem wheter one drug out runs another.
People are different and so are their reaction to drugs and their personal likes then it comes to subjective effects so it wont take you long to find several people on this site that agrees or differs with the both of you on this matter.
It is my view that the majority of people prefer amps over methylphenidate for both medicinal and recreational reasons but this is only based on what I´ve read on forums and such :)

seriously I actually ingested said chemical drugs with loads of people , and would bet my bottom dollar it (adderall) will out run name-brand ritalin in 9/10 people and day of the week.... i never dispense advice based on what I "read"

Well, I have ingested both too and still use dexamp as a treatment for ADHD but I dont think one personal experience is worth much in this case, which is why I used what I have read about other peoples experiences instead.
Really? When your advice (on anything really) could have been a hell alot better, had you only taken what you have read about other peoples experience into account.
Look, you might know a lot of people who takes drugs. I dont, I only know a few. Yet I have lots of peoples experiences right at hand through the magic of the internet, and those peoples experiences are just as valid as the ones you get through talking to your friends. Its still people telling about their experiences even if your not talking to them in person.