• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Methamphetamine: really not such a bad drug

OP, i feel you are on the right path. I just want to point out that a single dose of meth will offset your neuron balance for a week or more. Using once every two weeks is a great way to use, once a week probably works too. Just be careful, I totally understand and completely agree with what you're saying but for lack of better terms... shit happens dude. So just be mindful and keep on the right track. I've been able to use meth occasionally as well, although i use for recreation, i have still limited myself to about 2 grams in my life. I'd love to get more but since it's for recreation, I space it out quit a lot. Like half years.

Abstaining from smoking meth renders it a much easier beast to handle.

Here in Australia it's up to 10 times US prices .... If I grew up in the US there's a big chance I might have went overboard.

I stick to amphetamine .... It's more than sufficient and most importantly way less addictive.

I started out doing it every couple of months or so, then gradually it was every month, then every weekend, before I knew it I was using it nearly every day. Be careful, I always thought I could leave it alone but it gets harder every time. Im not sure if I would call it intriguing though I still enjoy it but I wonder how different my life would have turned out if I had never tried it - I've been using it for about 8 years now.

OK so I have had no meth for about 4 weeks and to be honest I'm in no rush to buy my next bit. It's nice to have, but going without it doesn't bother me at all.

I did notice a slight tolerance the last 2 times I took it so you guys are probably right about once a week being too frequent (I don't want to have to take more than 30mgs in one day - I respect my body). When I get my next bit I'll take it every other Saturday and see how that goes.

I don't know if it's my personality or my brain chemistry but I just don't see the recreational value in it. Unless you're constantly tired or suffering from depression I honestly can't understand why anybody would want to take this stuff for fun. Downers are SO much better; for partying and for chilling out at home. And nothing is anywhere near as euphoric as a good trip on a strong psychedelic (LSD, 2-CE, shrooms, DPT).

That's the sad thing with meth...it's not like opiates where I can just dose once and then feel good for a while

I'm exact opposite. I could have maybe .2g of meth and be set all day. However, with opiates I have to dose every 4 hours to be comfortable.

I had some time with meth & MDMA but they were both self-limiting to me. They tired me out and wore me down so bad I could only do them so often. I couldn't even imagine doing meth every day, I would've gone insane.

meth is only a problem if you smoke it

when you take too much orally you just get a headache, kind of a built-in personal inhibitor

You're playing with fire, eventually someone will get burned; one way or another. Proceed with caution!

meth is only a problem if you smoke it

when you take too much orally you just get a headache, kind of a built-in personal inhibitor

I was of the understanding that smoking too much leads to a kind of bodily paralysis until it where's off a bit wherein you can still think as time zooms past. I thought injecting was the real danger due to seizures and the possibility of unlimited rapid dosing that is impossible with smoking.

20-30mg seems like a lot for this purpose. If you could bring it down to 10mg even 5mg then you would be at much less risk.

You also should consider what will happen in scenarios such as if you have an important deadline suddenly. You will end up taking the meth multiple days running because you know you won't be productive without it. Your usage will slowly increase as you become less able to be productive without it.

I had a problem with amphetamine sulphate that started with just doing it once in a while to be productive. By the end of it I was making excuses like "I can't come down now I've got a date this evening!".

"ill just force myself to go to sleep"

"ok Ill just stay awake all night this one time"

*after you do finally fall asleep*

"damn I feel wiped out, I should use a little bit to pick myself up"

"I should probably use a bit more because my tolerance went up and im used to the effects now"

"I'll just force myself to go to sleep"

"alright I got 3 hours of sleep last night, better than nothing"

"im gonna need some amphetamines to pick me up today though"

*or alternatively*

"I dont have work today, im just gonna lay low and do nothing but recharge all day via smoking weed somehow"

"I'll just force myself to go to sleep"

Meth is a dangerous drug and can influence your thoughts and actions in a way you may not agree with. Its rare to use it socially.

If meth is neurotoxic, as in it kills brain cells (and we all now you cannot grow new ones), and you say you care about your health, how can you justify to yourself its use?

Also, it is my experience that psychological addiction manifests itself in the form of thoughts that make it a good idea to take a drug again.
It's never like "omg I HAVE to take that terrible drug that I hate as it is ruining my body and my life".

Take care.

If meth is neurotoxic, as in it kills brain cells (and we all now you cannot grow new ones), and you say you care about your health, how can you justify to yourself its use?

Also, it is my experience that psychological addiction manifests itself in the form of thoughts that make it a good idea to take a drug again.
It's never like "omg I HAVE to take that terrible drug that I hate as it is ruining my body and my life".

Take care.

A lot of things are neurotoxic. The question is, how neurotoxic? A once a week low oral dose of methamphetamine is likely as neurotoxic as having a 2-hour shorter sleep one night. Don't forget, the neurotoxicity in humans has only been noticed/studied in multiple-grams-a-day-years-long smokers. While intrinsically methamphetamine appears to be slightly more neurotoxic than amphetamine (couldn't find the proper ref atm), remember that both are used in licit therapeutical contexts long-term without such adverse effects.

It could be even argued that in said hardcore long-term meth addicts who smoke/IV it, sleep deprivation, poor diet and hygiene play as much a role as the direct biochemical effects of the drug itself.

It is my understanding that it is accepted as fact that sleep deprivation, insufficient and improper nutrition and hygiene have a bigger impact on meth users than the substance itself.

It is my understanding that it is accepted as fact that sleep deprivation, insufficient and improper nutrition and hygiene have a bigger impact on meth users than the substance itself.

This is my belief too, based upon personal experience and anecdotal evidence/medical research. Sleep deprivation is a sure-fire way to make someone go completely insane. Modern science has yet to reveal to us specifically why we need sleep to function, but we certainly know that without it, we become quickly fucked and can even die from it. I've never been anything close to a hardcore stimulant user, but I've definitely gone on several-day binges on Amphetamines. Even missing 2 straight days of sleep has a profound impact on my executive function. I would have trouble talking, putting thoughts together and even my vision was fucked (seeing trails and breathing walls).

Bear in mind that this was only a few days' experience followed by a recovery period. I wasn't dealing with chronic effects like one would experience due to malnutrition and dehydration. Given how totally depleted and messed up I felt following what is a (relatively) short binge on Amphetamines, I can only imagine what a person would feel like after being up for 14 days or more, which seems to happen to people who get involved with Methamphetamine.

I really try to steer away from statements that can't be backed up by any kind of evidence, but I can't keep my mouth shut on this one. I moved around a lot as a kid, but essentially grew up in New England (Lowell, MA), where there were certainly a ton of drugs, but Methamphetamine was never a big thing at all. It was practically unheard of, even in circles of addicts. Now, when I would visit my maternal relatives who lived in southern Illinois, near Missouri, I found that there really were no hard drugs, except for Methamphetamine. This was in farm country. Lots of corn. Lots and lots of corn.

This was my first experience really in seeing Methamphetamine addicts truly "in action" as it were. Remember that I grew up around hard drugs and crack heads, but the look of these Methamphetamine addicts was one of the saddest, miserable things I have ever seen. The pallor, the ghostly white skin, the sunken ashen faces and the eyes; I don't know what it is about the eyes, but they look dead, lifeless. I went to an AA meeting while I was in town and the population was split between Alcoholics, who appeared sort of rundown, but fairly normal and then the Methamphetamine addicts, who you could just spot a mile away. It was so sad.

Even when serious Methamphetamine addicts get clean and no longer use Methamphetamine, it seems like there are some lasting, permanent effects upon their mind and appearance that is just hard to verbalize. I don't know what it is, but Methamphetamine just seems to cause so much damage to users. I don't like to discriminate and I really don't, but based upon my experience and what I've learned over the years, I feel confident in saying that the drug in question is significantly more damaging to the population in general than say, Opioids, whether by primary or secondary effects (malnutrition, sleep etc.). It would seem like Crack Cocaine and Methamphetamine are pretty close in terms of the intensity of the damage they do.

I'm sorry guys, this is all just opinion.

keif, im from southern illinois and i can assure you there are definitely plenty of hard drugs around. i can walk a block from my house and find anything from painkillers and heroin to lsd, also have never had trouble finding coke (powder or crack). there is no shortage of hard drugs here, but meth is definitely the most prevalent. yes meth is extremely harmful in the long run. namely the sleep deprivation and malnutrition as has been mentioned. i've had week long binges fairly regularly and the longest was 17 days, at which point i sat locked in a room in the dark alone, paranoid that everything was out to get me. if i hadn't run out of dope and fell out i probably would've stroked out

keif, im from southern illinois and i can assure you there are definitely plenty of hard drugs around. i can walk a block from my house and find anything from painkillers and heroin to lsd, also have never had trouble finding coke (powder or crack). there is no shortage of hard drugs here, but meth is definitely the most prevalent. yes meth is extremely harmful in the long run. namely the sleep deprivation and malnutrition as has been mentioned. i've had week long binges fairly regularly and the longest was 17 days, at which point i sat locked in a room in the dark alone, paranoid that everything was out to get me. if i hadn't run out of dope and fell out i probably would've stroked out

You're totally right man and it's my bad for making such a globalizing statement. When I was referring to southern Illinois, I was actually referring to the small area of the state in which I have actually spent time. My stomping ground is Macoupin County, which is about an hour east of St. Louis. Where I have spent time and where my maternal family lives is a loose grouping of towns, each with ~4,000 people or less, separated by ~10 miles each. It's long drives through corn fields just to get to the next town. I'm from Massachusetts, where you step into the next town without knowing it, so it's quite a change.

I know there are hard drugs available, even in small towns, but again, I'm coming from MA, so my idea of a lot of hard drugs, is probably different than what someone else in this area might have. Walking around town, it's very easy to spot Meth Ghouls. I thought junkies were easy to spot. I've always had a good radar for comrades, but the Meth Ghouls are so easily identified that there's no denying it.

I haven't been out there for a few years, so I imagine things have changed a little bit too. I apologize for making the broad statement that I did.

no harm done. im literally 20 miles from st. louis so that probably has alot to do with it, and i made alot of connections back when i was dealing. most of southern illinois is cornfields tbh, and you're definitely right about spotting the tweakers.