• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Pharmacist treating me like scum

People who pay for prescriptions should get preferential treatment.

Be it for methadone or whatever

Seems like if she didn't like you she would want you out of there as fast as possible. That's how I would assume she would be, but some people do things out of spite. Its an ass backwards world we're living in. I've seen pharmacists act like chodes to other people when they try to get a script filled a day or two too early and embarrass them to make them look like their addicts or something. I went into the pharmacy a day after I mangled my hand before surgery could be performed and not only was I moved to the front, all of the workers came out behind the counter to look at it and hold up everyone else there. I was out of there in probably less than 10 min. They definitely can work fast or accommodate if they want to.

IKR? Hate that. And I used to get my scripts filled at the pharm with the methadone program and I found bc of that, the team seemed biased and more strict.
Like the night of Day 30 I go for my Neo refill, she screams out "you're a day early !!" It's like how so because I'm running out today. You literally have to miss a dose before they fill it. Stupid and inconvenient . As a CP patient I'm far worse in the morning and getting the kids off to school on day 31 is no picnic!!

Anyway, I'm sorry the mmt is having u wait longer but let's face it- to "normal" peeps, anyone on opiates is a 2nd class citizen , let alone methadone. Some of The people judging are pot smoking alcoholic child abusing hypocrites but bc I need pain management I guess I'm a druggie.

Ask the pharmacist to one side,be confident,say to them I've noticed you make me wait longer then others,why is this? Is it because I'm ill and dependant on opiates which the treatment which you are supposed to give me is sanctioned by the government and by your bosses,please can you please produce my medicine much quicker than you do so that I won't make a problem in the chemist and expose you for what you are doing.

Last edited:
I think 421's onto something. The more uneasy you make the other customers , the more they'll want you out ASAP.
Try rocking back and forth, talking to yourself, don't shave or shower, and keep snorting your snot really loud up into your nasal stratosphere. While creepily smiling and winking at anyone under 12. That should speed things up.

This

Tell the pharmacist straight up that you were there before other people that has now somehow gotten past you in line. Tell the pharmacist that if this ever happens again you'll have a talk with the manager about their behaviour. Managers usually don't enjoy when employees are about to make them lose a customer.

The easiest way would be to just go to another pharmacy, if possible.

I am sorry to hear this, definitely pursue and file corrective actions against the pharmacy that is pure bullshit and so is that mother causing a scene, I bet that bitch who made the complaint takes Norco every night.
YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO GO TO YOUR STATE BOARD OF MEDICAL PRACTICE.

I just did and now every time I walk into a clinic I am treated very fairly

People who pay for prescriptions should get preferential treatment.

Be it for methadone or whatever

Pay £1,672 on a private prescription for just 60 Quetiapine XR tablets? Naaaah! I'll pass that thanks. The NHS can cough up for that! NHS healthcare? Yes please many thanks.

On the other hand, Pay £4.33 on an NHS prescription for 60 Quetiapine IR tablets? Yeaaaaah!

No brainer.

I know people here have a hatred hardon for pharmacists (and I've had my share of asshats too), once you get a good one, it's great especially when they're owner.?I feel like a princess when he's working.
Can't count how many times I've gotten an "ask your pharm" answer from docs about drugs/vit/ interactions .

I wonder if pharmacists are going to be replaced with machines in the future. 8)

Nah, never gonna happen. A lot of the work is already automated but the pharmacist is the one who makes the final decision on problems. Plus, at least in America pharmacists do a lot more than just pour pills in a bottle.

I really feel bad for many of you. I have been a pharmacist for 14 years and have always treated my patients on pain management with respect and at one point I was working at the largest chain over here that was is the top 5% percent nationwide in dispensing narcotics. It makes no sense to me to automatically assume every person getting pain meds is some junkie scum, but unfortunately it happens more than it should.

The OP's case really makes my blood boil. He is doing something positive in treating his addiction. He should be commended and given the same service as the person filling his diabetes or heart medication. Wish I could be all you guys pharmacist :)

If she's doing it out of spite, you just have to show her it doesn't bother you. However, I never cared for one sided stories because there always ends up being more to it. Just put the big boy britches on and do something about it. You have many options.

I've noticed the smaller mom and pop pharmacies that get less business than say CVS and Walgreens are super nice. The guy at my local CVS walks around like he's better than everyone because he's a pharmacist. Really? Congrats on being able to walk around behind a counter all day. Such power!