• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids it's bloody well time to stop making excuses for Kratom

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is going on here? You are saying kratom is awful but go into your friend's IV heroin addiction. Are you saying subs/done would be better for this guy than kratom? Well obviously since the kratom would barely have an effect even with extracts but you do not say which.

What are the req to become a mod?

Kratom is great for initial withdrawal symptoms but that's about it. When I was eating 600mg of oxy a day and about a bundle a day it did nothing. Kratom is nowhere near the potency of any pharm or H. When your body is hurting and begging for its receptors to be stimulated Kratom will def help.

If you want to go on opioid maintenance use suboxone or methadone or something that we know isn't a full agonist: mitragynine fooled us for too long. And get a goddamn doctor to watch you.

You can't be serious..methadone is a full agonist and kratom is much less addictive than methadone. I just dont understand how anyone can think that kratom is as bad as IV heroin or methadone. It's so much less addictive.

First thing that came to mind, well second after a good chuckle was that his roommate sounds like a greater danger to his wellbeing than the kratom itself. Kratom, for the vast majority, is not nearly as self destructive as even the weaker pharmaceuticals.

Yeah 7-HO Mitragynine is a full agonist... but the plant as a whole has a ceiling that limits a buzz exceeding the strength of even 20-25mgs of hydro, and that's with quality kratom and very low tolerance. Just leave him be, odds are he'll be fine :). Like you say, this person is one smart cookie. (Not to say that addiction doesn't strike the best of us)

Last edited:
:p y'all are right. I need to let this go.

How about "don't move in with a heroin user and let him convince you that kratom is comparable to morphine"?

Why did you delete some of my posts in this thread? Moderator power abuse, I broke no rules. I am reporting you.

This is pretty sad. I know some people that actually met "he" (the person's name has since been removed from the OP) a few years back in person at a co op party in college. I never met him, but from what my friends said he was a pretty cool guy, smart and I enjoy reading his posts from time to time. Anyways, sorry to hear that you have temporarily (hopefully) lost a friend and I hope he gets better.

Last edited:
This thread needs to be deleted by a real mod. No offense, but you are delusional if you think Kratom is the reason your friend is living with a heroin junkie and as you suspect, likely shooting heroin.

I promise you that no one who gets their first taste of an opiate high from legally buying Kratom ends up becoming a junkie. Your friend was already a junkie, and he may have relapsed starting with Kratom again but he was already a heroin addict. Once a junkie, always a junkie.

No one goes from Legally bought Kratom, which has a ceiling effect about as high as a few hydro condones, to h. In fact, if you are introduced to opiates through legally purchased Kratom then you are likely to stay in the legal high market and aren't going to pull an h dealers number out of your ass.

Didn't realize the name was removed, post edited. Really though it's quite melodramatic and rather silly to befriend someone for using kratom lol.

@pbuilder - I believe it was Sekio who removed some posts going by this... whether your post was removed by Atara idk.

Thread sanitized

Yeah ok...kratom is just as bad as smoking heroin. Makes complete sense LOL thanks for the (mis)information.

This thread needs to be deleted by a real mod. No offense, but you are delusional if you think Kratom is the reason your friend is living with a heroin junkie and as you suspect, likely shooting heroin.

I promise you that no one who gets their first taste of an opiate high from legally buying Kratom ends up becoming a junkie. Your friend was already a junkie, and he may have relapsed starting with Kratom again but he was already a heroin addict. Once a junkie, always a junkie.

No one goes from Legally bought Kratom, which has a ceiling effect about as high as a few hydro condones, to h. In fact, if you are introduced to opiates through legally purchased Kratom then you are likely to stay in the legal high market and aren't going to pull an h dealers number out of your ass.

Well said.

dude, for a MOD you did many things wrong in this thread; you changed EVERYTHING you originally said, taking out names, different things mentioned, etc. then you went on to delete others posts, change things people wrote, etc.

this went from being a post that was COMPLETE NON-SENSE to you trying to make it out as if this was an actual question and you were looking to get actual answers.

whatever happened here was NOT RIGHT but Kratom is still NO WHERE NEAR REA DOPE or any opiate; codiene is still no where near dope, or any other opiate. all the talk in this thread is starting to become garbage and what you are worried about is really making no sense to me whatsoever. your friend is a dope fiend? OK, he's a dope fiend. now what? lol.

what are you looking for exactly? answers to what? worrying about what? telling us what? make a new post, and explain exactly what you want, or what you are saying, but lets not change the original, make a NEW POST IN THIS THREAD ONLY! and let's not delete what others said originally because you realized how ridiculous this post once was.

I haven't read the replies but if I'm honest the original post seems rather alarmist! Kratom is a drug (well not a drug, but a plant containing substances that could be considered drugs) and it's not to be taken lightly, that is it should be respected. However it's hardly as bad as heroin!

dude, for a MOD you did many things wrong in this thread; you changed EVERYTHING you originally said, taking out names, different things mentioned, etc. then you went on to delete others posts, change things people wrote, etc.

Atara did nothing; I'm the guy who edited the thread. All I did was delete posts & remove a username from atara's OP.

This whole thread reminds me of things I say/rants I go on during hypomanic episodes after benzo use.

Kratom is awful. I saw what it did to a friend of mine and I couldn't sleep for days.

And, of course, because he had become a junkie he tried to sneak away and do it behind my back. For all I know he was actually shooting heroin with that awful roommate of his. He is/was one of the smartest people I knew, and if he couldn't keep that shit under control frankly I don't trust anyone to.

The active principal in kratom is 7-hydroxymitragynine, a full (or nearly-full) agonist at mu-opioid receptors, which is to say that smoking kratom is about as bad as smoking heroin. I'm not speaking to him until he quits, and stops living with an IV heroin addict, though he ought'a've figured that out by now.

If you want to go on opioid maintenance use suboxone or methadone or something that we know isn't a full agonist: mitragynine fooled us for too long. And get a goddamn doctor to watch you.

If you actually were a "friend" to this person in any way, you would say something if you perceived it as being a huge problem. To abandon a friend because you believe they are using drugs irresponsibly is a dismal proposition. I also cannot believe you would marginalize a friend in such a way, as if you are so high and mighty.

Atara did nothing; I'm the guy who edited the thread. All I did was delete posts & remove a username from atara's OP.

I dont know, man.. things just seem much different than the original and I am not the only one saying it, right? or maybe you just removed the words that made ZERO SENSE and somehow made it readable. also funny that her "friend" was [moo] and the [honk] and is being considered a huge problem in the states now, so many people read it wrong, esp. the US peeps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to get pulled into the bitching in this thread about whether Kratom is good or evil, that really doesn't matter... but this does:

Support ur friend dont blast his shit
If you actually were a "friend" to this person in any way, you would say something if you perceived it as being a huge problem. To abandon a friend because you believe they are using drugs irresponsibly is a dismal proposition. I also cannot believe you would marginalize a friend in such a way, as if you are so high and mighty.
That's what's important right now. We all know that drug abuse does horrible things to lovely people. During my darker days I only had a few friends who'd understand what I was going through and despite all the lies, denial and abuse of their friendship & trust, they still hit me up with nothing but the love and care that I needed back then.

So bite your tongue, stiffen up your upper lip and be there to support your friend like they would you.

edit: as a mod of BL, it's pretty lame of you to throw out the word 'junkie' like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.