• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OxyContin First Time

Dragonkiller

Greenlighter
Hello,

What is a good first time oral dose for someone with no tolerance at all?

Assuming it's a 15mg pill, will splitting it cause issues because from what I understand it's time released?

Thanks

Bc you can't defeat the time release without some major chemistry knowledge and equipment, oxy is a relatively safe (using "safe" as a relative term, as there really isn't a "safe" opiod due to their addictive nature) drug for a newbie. I'd split it in half, wait to see how you feel after 45min- 1 hour, and then take the other half if you feel ok. For someone opiate tolerant, it isn't a fun recreational drug like the old oc's were. Those were a good time. Have fun and be safe, but realize that opiates are highly addictive and that you might find yourself jonesing for more.

I can't speak to being a first-timer with the new time-release formula... no idea how that factors in for first time usage and getting high. I can say, however, that my first time with opiates was with oxycontin and the old formula oc's. My boyfriend and I split an oc 40mg, and I was so high it was incredible. Itchy, throwing up (the good kind of throwing up, I know other opiate lovers can relate to that), and utterly and blissfully content with life. Nothing can touch the first couple times I did oxy. That was the beginning of the end, bc I craved it more and more until eventually, it became a problem bc the craving to feel that way all the time was so great. So caveat emptor, or buyer beware, bc oxy has the potential to bite you in the ass.

i wud take 7,5mg and wait 2 hours if u dont feel high enuf take 7,5mg more, then next time start with 10mg

been taking the time release for long time and because i saw everyone bitching about time release,
i thought the pills were useless but in fact, they are still really potent and they probably work a bit longer than the non-time release version.

not necessary to risk chemical reaction by trying to destroy the timerelease thing; cuz that might change the bioplastic into a more toxic form.
also be careful smoking weed on oxy some people say its fun, but i tried it twice and totally cant handle it yet smoking weed sober is no problem for me

and its true oxy makes u feel depressed afterwards, and if u take them for long enough in amounts high enough,
you might start to suffer from that addiction thing... when dealing with opiates and especially benzos,
its in your best interest to write on your calendar how much you took of what drug on what day.

i can use 1mg lorazepam twice a week without experiencing rebound anxiety,
but oxy has a way in making me depressed even if not using it a lot at all.

after having quit oxy for a few months, it took me only one time using to get sucked back into that mindset of "needing to to use to feel ok"
i hope to quit this shit soon cuz being addicted sucks :)

Last edited:
So with no tolerance at all, and esp on an empty stomach, half might get you high. So if you just put it between your cheek and gums for a minute until it softens, swallow, you could be high for about 10 hours. Not bad.
You may want to premed with non drowsy antihistamines if you're prone to itch like Claritin or Reactine.
Also oxy works better with a small volume high fat snack. A fried egg, a T of PB , half a chocolate bar, etc. Within about 15 minutes either way.

Have fun

So I took about a quarter of the pill and another quarter (7.5mg total) 45 minutes later. It's been a couple of hours now and I don't really feel anything. Should I take the rest of the pill? (15mg total).

Thanks!

^ you're taking too small of an amount, even though it's your first time. Yes, take the rest but because you waited so long it may still not get you high. 15mg is a very small amount, if you try oxycodone again take 15mg starting dose then wait 45 min to an hour and take another 15mg if the first dose doesn't produce the desired effects.

Did you take it on a full or empty stomach?

^ you're taking too small of an amount, even though it's your first time. Yes, take the rest but because you waited so long it may still not get you high. 15mg is a very small amount, if you try oxycodone again take 15mg starting dose then wait 45 min to an hour and take another 15mg if the first dose doesn't produce the desired effects.

Did you take it on a full or empty stomach?

Thanks, I didn't take any more. Shortly after my post I actually starting feeling some effects, just a really nice mellow high and it's made me quite talkative. Nothing mind blowing though, so you're right, I probably didn't take enough.

Semi-full stomach :)

Yeah, oxycodone tends to be more stimulating than other opioids. When I first got into opioids, I'd take it for work.
I'm natural tolerant to most substances but I used 80mg my first time trying oxycodone, though I'd done heroin once and hydrocodone a couple times. So 7.5mg isn't much, doctors prescribe that amount just for pain to people who've never done it before. But glad you felt something, everyone metabolized drugs differently and this affects when they kick in and how long they last.

Bc you can't defeat the time release without some major chemistry knowledge and equipment

I realize this isn't great HR, but it's not really a major leap.

If you're taking orally, just let pill sit in a cup of water for a day. Instant - IR.

The first time I did oxy I was fucking retarded with it. I seriously thought it was nothing to just take about 25 mgs at school. Shit man it was around 2005 and I thought nothing about pain killers. My buddy was selling some oxys he got from surgery and I bought two of them at around 7 am at school. I remember popping the two right before first period and thinking nothing of it. 25mgs on no tolerance hit me like a fuck load of bricks. I had to check out of school that day because I was so fucked up.

I remember hitting my shin on a edge of a coffee table at home and not feeling it. it started to bleed and I was all full retard happy and didn't care.

Anyways, point being start at 7.5 or 10mg if you can. You will feel good trust me.

^^^ how did you get 25mg with 2 pills? They come in 5, 10, possibly 15, 20