For anyone wanting to try Meth

Well my boyfriend is kinda that way he can't wait til the next party to get more meth but i tell him he's gonna get addicted but he say he won't so...
Good louck to u!!!
Plur Tiffy

I would just like to let everyone know that I have finally managed to stay sober. After a severe relapse that finaly ended on new Year's Day, I can see clearly now. I know that may not seem like a long time to anyone, but it has given me a newfound pride and inner-peace. I don't think I have ever been as happy (overall) in years and would like to share this happiness with anyone and everyone. I didn't think i had the power in me, but I do, we all do. I've even managed to allow myself to form a relationship (a healthy one, even) with someone who has always held a special place in my heart. This is something I have been unable to do because of my addiction.
cali_qt_boi I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the support and hope you have given me, you are truly a wonderful person. My email has been down, my new email is in my profile, please use it.
I wouldn't change anything that has happened in my life these past years, it has given me so much character, as well as the ability to understand and recognise that we all have our shortcomings, our own demons.
I am now attending NA with my mother, who is also overcoming. I know this doesn't exactly fit the Dark Side regulations, but I thought it could be helpful for those who are feeling lost, confused, and hopeless. Anyone who needs a shoulder, I'm here.

i just wanted to bump this post because i gained a lot from it. i have entirely too many thoughts right now to reply productively--but i think there are a lot of people that can benefit from this post...

Greetings,
Just a quick note to wish everyone the best dealing with the demon. My story is similar, but with crack instead of crank. From what I hear, the 'take-over' is just about the same. Before I got in deep enough to start stealing food from my family and selling off our possesions, I got involved with my dope man, and a scam to smuggle rock and escape tools into a county jail. Of all the stupid shit. Fortunately, I ended up as a prisoner in the same jail! The ONLY reason I escaped from the demon is a year of probation, random drug tests, and a terrible fear of going back. I would advise anyone impaled on the hook of crack or crank to do WHATEVER it takes to get help off the hard road. The sooner the better. When you get to the end of the road, there is no turning back. Multiple felony convictions don't go away (and good jobs get harder to find!), blown off years are gone, you're health, your family, etc. etc. Wish I could offer more than just words, but do whatever it takes. Start with a short prayer. Simple enough!

I think my ex-boyfriend is having a problem with meth. I saw him last weekend and I know he is using it. I know he has lost his job and is living with some of his friends (who also use) because his dad won't let him move back in with him. I am worried about him but I don't know what to do because he won't return my phone calls. I have told him that I care about him and would always be there for him but it gets frustrating to put yourself out there for someone who doesn't even seem to care. He is married (but they are separated now) and he has a kid from a previous relationship (other than the marriage) who he's supposed to be paying child support on, plus he has fines that he needs to get paid off, but he doesn't seem to worry about these things.
When I was with him last weekend, he and his friend kept talking about how many days they had been up. I don't understand all this and it scares me because I still care about him and want to help him but I don't know what to do. I am in contact with his grandmother but she doesn't want to believe that he does drugs and of course his dad won't help. I don't really know his wife but from what I've heard she's pretty messed up too and I don't think she would help. So what should I do?
[ 07 April 2002: Message edited by: watts ]

Thanks for the advice FreyGrimrod! I had pretty much decided that's what I needed to do.

I agree with those who say meth is evil. I have used quite a bit of it myself, and although I can honestly say I am not addicted, that is only through enormous effort.
Anyone who's ever done it, even once, knows what I'm talking about. How it makes you think that whatever you wan to believe is true, just becasue you want it to be true. How it keeps you awake and after a while you start to hallucinate. How painful it is to come down, how your whole body hurts, how it empties your mind and leaves you without a sense of purpose.
I also remember doing stupid, meaningless things for hours, at the time thinking they were important.
As am inert substance, methamphetamine is not intrinsecally evil, but what it does to you if you don't keep a firm grip on yourself, that certainly IS evil.

im 2 years sober of that shit...it was a major experience in my life...i did alot of stuff i would of not done, if i wasnt so cranked out...hurt myself and others...i look back and can't believe im here today...

I'm one of the few people who simply doesn't "get" meth. Not for lack of effort - I've tried it on maybe 10 occasions, and with no real restraint... let's say the quantities were generous.
But all it ever did was make me edgy and irritable.
But I routinely warn others that there are three drug types to watch out for: opiates, coke, and meth. I've seen meth wreck the lives of others.

Reading this has permantly put me off even thinking about trying this drug, im just glad its very rare in the UK!
Thank u for sharing ur experiences

Meth / Glass / Ice ...... Bad Bad Stuff!!!

First time: over 70 hour's! What the hell happend!

I tried glass for the first time last wensday night! I just wanted to moke a bowl of it and see what it was all about! I have alot of tweaker friends and was just courious on what the deal was!
To make along story short its 12:30 pm sunday and I just woke up from my comedown!! Yes all as I wanted to do was try it and next thing I notice I freggin tweaked out 4 days! The problem was that the person that let me try it was a friend of mine and had more then enough to go around! If I would have paid for this buzz I would be in the pawn shop selling all my crap now!

I am very unhappy with my self right now and I never want to see that shit again! I never would have guessed that I would get hooked so fast! 4 days flew by in no time! I woke up with the worst headache,I can barley talk because my throt feal's like it's swolen and dried up! My whole body feal's like its broke, my lips are so chapped they crack and bleed!! And on top of it I have been sitting here all morning with a blank mind! Its like I broke it, its just not working! I catch my self zoning out about every 5 mins! You couldnt even imagin how much nasty stuff I have been coughing up from all the tweak/ciggs/weed I smoked! You thougt weed gives you a hell of a cotton mouth!! Shit this sucks! Another thing it's been 4 days since the last time I ate food! I couldnt eat anything! I tryed to forse down a Jr.Bacon cheeseburger but after chewing the first bite I knew their was no way in hell I was going to eat! The thought of any kind of food just makes me gag!! Bad stuff!

I have had many cracked out sunday comedowns, but this one takes the cake! This is one of the most powerfull drugs I have ever messed with. It can totally take control of you and make you do what the drug wants to do! But while your on it you just cant keep your hand out of the baggy!

My addvice from my first time experanice: Leave this shit for the devil!! This is a drug that will take control of you and dry you up into a cracked out prune in no time! If I would have paid for this, my shit would be broke! I dunno if you have good control and could handle only doing a little bit, one or two pipes or a line or two, it wouldnt be all that bad! But it would turn into an addiction! Im actualy glad that my first time tryin it turned out like this because over what happend, I just never want to do it again! All as I wanted to do is smoke a bowl of it! Well I finished out doing over 3 grams of glass! I am one cracked out mother fucker right now and I will never touch this crap again and I hope you stay away from it too!!

I mean damn.. Look at my post! Just about every other word is misspelled!!

What happend on my 4 Days of tweaking!!!

3am Wens - Thurs 5pm: 14 hours of playstation,smoking ciggys,and doing jack but chillin! Took shower, went to work at 5.

Thurs 5pm - 8pm Thurs: Work sucks. (I drive a tow truck) Thought I could handel it but went home sick! Got home took another shower and went to a house party!

10pm Thurs - 5 am Friday: After smoking and snorting glass all night I am ready to go home and call it a night! A friend is like well everybodys going back to **** house! Im like well ok, just for a bit!

5am Friday - 10pm Friday: Turned into a day house party! About 6 hours of PS2, spun a 2 hour set, Hackey sak outside in the street and took another shower and went to work!

10pm Friday - 3am Saturday: Work was ok, I impounded 17 cars in 5 hours witch is like crazy!! Damn tweaker!

3am Saturday - 9 am Saturday: Went to a party, Got shut down, Went to the afterhours etc..etc..etc..!

9am Saturday - 8pm Saturday: Just when I thought it was over my 2 friends that I met up with at the party lost their car key's. So I said, lets go to my house, I realy realy need to take a shower and I'll take you an hour and a half away to your house! Got to their house and littlery get stuck!! Finaly decided after laying around stuck for hours that I really needed to get home, I tweak out the way home!

8pm Saturday - 4am Sunday: Finaly Im home!! Never so glad to be home in all me life, Took a shower and got ready to pass the fuck out! My boss calls me at home and we get into a fight on the phone! (nothing to do with any of this, just some basic work drama that i have been getting sick of your along time) So now I drive 20 mins to work, clean my shit out of my truck on my day off and quit that job after 3 years of working there! Went home tweak is finaly just about gone and I smoke a J, cram in a 1/2 sandwich and pass out!

Cracked out Sunday I wake up, take a shower and rethink what excatly happend!

71 hours total tweak time!

About 80 hours without sleep!

Most of my friends are chewing my ass out online right now And some of them are like Dame thats one hell of a first time,why so much?

This is something I will never do again! So think about what happend to me if you ever want to try meth/glass/ice!

Peace,
Moken

P.S. This shit made me feal grose as hell! For some reason I had to take a shower about every 8 hours to feal clean!
[ 28 April 2002: Message edited by: Mokenwee ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, cheers to everyone who's managed to kick their addiction in the bollocks. Props to those who are trying, and good luck to everyone.
On the debate as to the most addictive substance, it all depends on your personality. I know some people who find amphetamines the most addictive drug, others opiates. So on and so forth.
-plaz out-

oh please
i used it for a week (not straight up, mind you) and it was one of the best experiences of my life. However, im not from the midwest or west where it is definitely a big problem. People who are going to have a problem arent going to be helped by scare tactics.
I thought it was one of the best aphrodisiacs, i jammed with my band for 14 hours straight!
dang, wish i had summa that!

I have few questions about Meth
What does it feel like?
What does it feel like when you fiend for it?
How is the addiction differnt then the one with ciggaretts?
One of my friends quit doing all drugs expect for Meth. He goes on and on how its so much better then xtc. How it makes you smarter and how the high last forever. I havent tried it and I dont plan on it after reading your story. Im hooked on weed and I cant stop. Thats some thing small. I have just started to roll. I have taken XTC 2 times with a month break in between. I love it so much. I dont want to take it too often. I can see myself taking it everyday if could. The way I stop myself is I only go clubbing one night a month.
Thanks so much your story has change my mind!!!

I've gone through relapse and i feel like all you guys are intimidating the users with it. Relapse is apart of recovery, just know that every time you relapse the chances of recovery drastically decrease. Also something to keep in mind is that we addicts can't be social users. Don't lie to yourself and say you're going to use once and awhile. Every addict has told themself that at one time or another. Once you have an addiction to a drug, you have to stop, completely. Believe me it's worth it. Social users don't mess up their lives, addicts do. I also disagree with the weed thesis, saying to smoke a lot. You are just replacing meth with another drug, you aren't really helping yourself. IF anything try smokking a lot of cigarettes. You'd be surprised on how much you'd be able to smoke when you are coming off the drug. When i was first quitting meth, (400 dollar a week habit i had), i smoked practically 4 packs a day for a month straight. NO JOKE. But the oral fixation helped me keep my mind off meth, actually not really but it gave me something to do INSTEAD.Nicotine isn't good for you but it's a hell of a lot better to be a cigarette smoker than a meth railer.
ANYONE, i stress anyone, has the will power to quit meth. You just have to believe in yourself because everyone around you who cares about you (usually majority of your fam) believes in you. You can stop, you just have to want it bad enough.

Meth is one of the worst drugs I've used.
The initial rush is pretty nice and the "unlimited energy" feeling is nice.. But at the same time it makes you feel irrational, shaky, and paranoid. Not to mention that you'll find yourself tweaking out on the stupidest stuff.. like cleaning a glass piece for hours on end or playing videa games for days..
I was prescribed adderall and took it every day for 3 years. In small doses amphetamine/methamphetamine can be great. They get you motivated and active and there isn't a hard come down. Taken to the extreme, they can lead to serious craziness. Being up for days on end is NOT cool. I hate the feeling of being up all night without sleeping. Days on end tweaks people out and can seriously screw them up. It isn't cool.
Not to mention you forget to eat food and lose weight really fast. I started to feel like I looked like a tweaker after 2 years of adderall.. I can't imagine what a meth addict must feel like.
The body's natural wake/sleep cycle shouldn't be messed with. I think that methamphetamine is going to really screw a lot of things up in this world because people are going to start to think they can "escape" sleep. It's natural and neccessary! Without it we don't work right and are completely twacked out!
Not to mention the stuff is TERRIBLE on your body, whether you snort it or smoke it (or IV it for that matter). It's just all bad.

When I joined Bl in November this was one of the first threads I read. Cali boi's story was so moving and inspiring that words would not do it justice. I myself have never had a problem with Meth, although I have used it.
A few weeks ago I had some friends that were on a binge. It was about 4 of them in an apt with basically an unlimited supply of Meth. Nothing too terrible happened to anyone with the obvious exception of some lost brain cells. I visited the apt a few days after the binge and was messing around on Bl and much to my suprise this thread had been bumped to the top.
I forced my friends to read Cali's story one of them in particular identified with it very much. As I said I'm not a tweaker but it looks like Cali Boi's tale may have reached out to yet another person on the edge.
I would like to offically thank Cali Boi for sharing not just your story but a part of yourself with this community. Best wishes, peace, and love...
Andy