• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants the comedown of adderall, how do you help it not suck so much?

fox5547

Greenlighter
Adderall, Ritalin, and Concerta...

these are all fun drugs, right? yep. But the comedown... oh the comedown is so bad. Especially for those with depression and other mental illnesses! So, for those of you who speed, when is the best time to? How long does the "high" or speed last for you? How bad, on a scale of 1-10 (10 being suicidal), is the comedown for you? How long does the comedown last for you on average? Is the "brutality" of the comedown better at daytime, nighttime, or...? But most importantly, how do you help the comedown not suck so much?

I usually start speeding at 8pm or so, and depending on how much I did (and how late I did the last bit) I stay up until 3am to 7am before crashing. Usually, I hate seeing the sun rise in the morning. idk, I guess when I'm going through the comedown at sunrise, it makes me feel utterly depressed beyond all comedowns I have. So I try to pop in some melatonin a couple hours before the comedown starts, but melatonin is never enough when you're speeding (at least for me). I usually, but not always, end up at that depressing stage in the comedown where I'm extremely tired, but the speed is still alive in my system and I can't fall asleep. I'm just trying to find better ways to make my speeding experiences not so much of a drag when the comedowns come. because I absolutely LOVE the drug when I'm speeding, but of course the comedown is terrible.

UGH the fucking come down is so gross . I remember the adderrall days too well. I drank 5 40's in a friggin day to come down off that shit and I DONT recommend alcohol for anything besides hand sanitizing . So, a benzo (on occasion), maybe some soma (no more than 3 x 350MG pills) would do the trick.

The comedown is disgusting. Mine occurs at night; I get extremely depressed during this time truly hating everything.

I've tried klonopin and xanax for the nightly comedowns and I prefer the mellowness of xanax. Klonopin just made me feel drunk (like stumbling) & super tired

I'm not so sure about the whole "using other drugs to make the drug you just took not so bad". but I mean it makes sense I guess... also I don't have many connections and I dont like buying a lot

I'm not so sure about the whole "using other drugs to make the drug you just took not so bad". but I mean it makes sense I guess... also I don't have many connections and I dont like buying a lot

most general doctors will write a script for xanax if you complain about having anxiety attacks

cannabis, benzos obviously but use sparingly. Alcohol might work for some, might make others more depressed. IDK I'm not a big drinker.

ok well if ya don't wanna use a drug to get off a gnarly stim come down then stay up all night masturbating off or fucking something...cuz you're not gonna fight that nasty come down with chemicals I dont know what else to tell ya. I'd never take an amp without a come down chem. Gross-ass-ness

Benzos and cannabis is the way I usually go about it... Can't really think of anything else. I usually try and have my last dose relatively early so I can still get to sleep before sunrise. I hate seeing that when you are on a comedown, it just rubs it in extra hard that you will not be having a good day that day...

You could try a huge dose of vitamin C. This will make your urinary tract more acidic, thus the amphetamine will be removed from your system more quickly. When to take it and how much I dont know as I dont do amps recreationally. Keep in mind that vitamin c, in its natural form, is very acidic which can cause some problems in some when taking large doses. I can take 2,5 g of Ascorbic acid without any problems though and I just had an infection due to H.pylori so I quess most people can take it without any problems. If not, when there are pH neutral alternatives like ascorbates. You could also try to take some L-tyrosine which your body needs in order to produce dopamine (among others)

That's good advice ...
but I'm thinking it won't help with sleep...and you NEED that when the "fun" is over.

That depends on your timing.
If the timing is just right, when you should be able to take the vitamin c so that it wont cut any of your fun time off and then its time to sleep you will have less active amphetamine in your system than what would have been the case without the C, thus making it easier for you to sleep. There are some other factors in work also though so its not as simple as saying that removing the amps from your system equals great sleep.

Have you tried Magnesium? Its quite the "must have" for a regular amp user if you ask me, as it has multiple positive actions in relation to amphetamine. Here are the ones that I know of:

Mg works as an NMDA receptor antagonist which "blocks" (or at least decreases) the development of tolerance towards amphetamines (opiates too btw)

Mg has muscle relaxant properties, which is nice both during and after amps.

Mg can be used as a sleep aid, both in the case of amphetamine consumption and non-drug induced insomnia (Im kinda just making up diagnoses now lol).

If you decide to give it a go, when stay away from the oxide/hydroxide version as its bioavability is shit. Go for the Amino acid chelate (glycinate) or citrate form instead.

Day 1 after a binge is my window to prepare. I still feel OK, so its lots of vitamin water, healthy food and clonazapam before bed. Then day 2 I try to sleep as much as possible and avoid people. Its the worst day of the crash, and it blows hard core. I've yet to find anything that really works for me personally on day 2. Usually by day 4 I feel very little affects of the crash. The only way I've ever avoided a crash was to taper down. If you know you are going to run out, try to taper down. Easier said than done, this I know lol my mind tells me its better to go out with a bang than to taper down. Which is usually what happens.

My adderall crash antidote

You need a couple days of isolation for this - starting on a friday and taking the weekend is perfect - along with 30-40 2mg Klonopin tablets, and a bunch of propranolol (no more than 60mg a day, 20mg at a time every 4-6 hours works great) Also, an ambien per sleep cycle doesn't hurt

I've been on fairly reasonable adderall binges, and when it's the third night up in a row and I'm hurtin', I stop the adderall and A) either wait to come down if I'm jammin or B) if I'm totally shot immediately take 10-12mg of clonazepam and 20 mg of propranolol. I don't have ambien but it can only help you sleep, so take one too. ^ mentioned tapering down, that's a decent option too if you can resist.

My idea is to try to sleep through as much of it as possible. When I wake up, another 8-10mg of clonazepam and another 20mg of propranolol, another ambien.

People overlook propranolol, but it's a B-adrenergic antagonist and helps with anxiety, shakes and sweating, all of which keep you from sleeping. When you start to feel shitty, grab klonopin (no less than 6mg at a time) and propranolol (no more than 20mg at a time). If you're only taking 6mg klonopin I'd skip the ambien as you probably won't sleep on it.

Get a couple days of solid rest, eat when you wake up, plenty of vitamin C (at least that's the info I've seen on here), drink plenty of clear fluids when you wake up. You'll feel better.

For amphetamine come downs, antipsychotics are best, followed by or in conjunction with benzodiazepines, followed by GABAergics (phenibut, Neurontin, Lyrica, GBL/GBH) and beta blockers. I wouldn't recommend GHB/GBL or ambien for an amphetamine comedown, though, for lots of reasons that I can't think of right now.

Passion flower extract, lemon balm leaf extract, low dose of Valium if you're into that.

I never take over my prescribed dose so I don't really have a crash...

But I did in the beginning, and it was horrible. I would drink 24oz beer cans, 1 or 2. Then I got into benzos...

For amphetamine come downs, antipsychotics are best, followed by or in conjunction with benzodiazepines,

Second that. 10mg olanzapine will smother stimulant effects (bad or good) within minutes leaving you very sleepy. It's a shotgun approach but it can be mellowed out with a fast to intermediate-acting benzo, I have a preference for temazepam but many others also do the trick.

A short acting benzo will get you to sleep & wear off before you wake up, something like etizolam, but it's for emergency use only - not something you want to get addicted to & they're very addictive.

Beer might help too, but just 1 or 2, don't take it to extremes, you'll feel it more when the stim wears off, so don't knock yourself out with alcohol & then choke on your vomit in your sleep. Hangover will probably be worse than from the stims too.

Tea is great for comedown & general stim anxiety if you don't want to be knocked out & want to have a normal day. Like when you've had a sleep & woken up still feeling some stim hangover.

Maybe an L-theanine supplement would be similar for anti-anxiety & provide mild sedation.

Somebody mentioned passion flower extract, that's an extremely bad idea, it's an MAOI, contains harmala alkaloids, don't mix it with any stims.

I read that beta blockers are bad to mix with stims too, can't remember the reasoning.

Last edited:
A short acting benzo will get you to sleep & wear off before you wake up, something like etizolam, but it's for emergency use only - not something you want to get addicted to & they're very addictive.

Beer might help too, but just 1 or 2, don't take it to extremes, you'll feel it more when the stim wears off, so don't knock yourself out with alcohol & then choke on your vomit in your sleep. Hangover will probably be worse than from the stims too.

Tea is great for comedown & general stim anxiety if you don't want to be knocked out & want to have a normal day. Like when you've had a sleep & woken up still feeling some stim hangover.

Maybe an L-theanine supplement would be similar for anti-anxiety & provide mild sedation.

Somebody mentioned passion flower extract, that's an extremely bad idea, it's an MAOI, contains harmala alkaloids, don't mix it with any stims.

I read that beta blockers are bad to mix with stims too, can't remember the reasoning.

I assumed come down means you've come down from the drug and are no longer on it...

I have never had any problems whatsoever using it for amphetamine comedown.

Regardless, passion flower is so weak as an MAOI that you would have to take an absurd amount to even begin to have any contradiction even when peaking on aamphs

I'm talking literally far over 2000 times the average dosage would be needed for MAO inhibition.

So no dude, you're good on it.
Just don't take 28 grams of it.

On a side note, I've also taken L-theanine, works well.