• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Workshop: Help BL create an Overdose Resource Sticky

Thank's for that SN! And to all of your who put so much effort into this sticky, thank you too! <3

OD on heroin

I was warned not to sniff this particular batch of heroin because people were dropping like flies, south UK, so I STUPIDLY snorted a small line, then chased the dragon, 3 Hours into thé expérience i stood up took two steps and crumbled to the ground, my breathing was more and more shallow, I felt like my soul was leaving my body. I shouted for water and another dope fiend heard me and brought me some water, nodding heavy he was, and after what seemed like an eternity, actually probably a matter of minutes, I got my breath back. This event happened the day I left the psych ward on a bullshit section 2, I could have died, never gonna snort street heroin again. I'm opiate clean since 6-7 months btw wondering if I'll take substitution so as not to end up with a nasty oxycodone habit, docs Rx it here so easily.
Got other od experiences I'll try to share ,(MXE 25c-nBOME MMB-CHMINACA)

Stimulant overdoses....amphetamines.

Generally a lot simplier. If no acute toxicity is present the a benzo is often used (titrated) for sedation any possible seizures and cooling methods (ice packs etc) if hyperthermia is present. Activated charcoal can be given in cases of a cut oral ingestion.

Cardiac issues if they arise are usually treated in the usual way with nitroglycerine, electocardiogram, aspirin etc Significant cardiac dysrhythmias may require cardioversion, defibrillation, and antidysrhythmics.

With stimulant overdoses most of the care is given by hospital staff as paramedics arnt really trained or equipped to deal with them. The best that can be done by us (ambulance) is to manage any acute cardiac issues that are likely to be fatal there and then such as an MI, administer midazolam if a seizure is occurring and obtain iv access to get fluids in.....then drive like fuck to the nearest hospital and then its up to the doctors who have much more training to deal with it.

Although the duties of paramedics and EMTs are expanding all the time to increase skill levels and treat patients at the scene rather than convey everyone to hospital (where possible)...we arnt doctors and only have a limited amount of training and variety of drugs and equipment at our disposal. The main thing is to keep people alive long enough to get thme to the people who can best care for them I.e. hospital... not to be able to great every known condition ourselves which would be impractical and infeasible.

I know this is an old thread but I had an idea regarding the stimulant (amphetamine) part...
I think that it'd be helpful, especially to those who are new to the drug so they don't freak out over nothing, and well honestly even after around a decade (wow I just realized how long it's actually been, time flies when you're high as fuck) of using/abusing amphetamines I still get some odd sometimes scary surprises, to have a list of side effects that are normal and others that are indicators that they should seek medical attention. Like a few months back I took my regular dose (everything was like it always was) but for some reason I began projectile vomiting, got insanely paranoid, was running a fever of 102.5 F and shaking all over. I know it seems stupid and I probably should've went to the ER but I was so paranoid I was too scared to but I feel like if I'd had some kinda reassurance (especially from people who actually know what they're talking about) I would have, does that make any sense? Just out of curiosity are those symptoms really dangerous? I mean I checked my BP and HR and they weren't bad to be on stimulants if they were I'd have forced myself to go. Nothing even remotely similar has happened since.

Also, I know it sounds kinda silly but what about like some sorta help thread or whatever for people who are inexperienced or having a really bad comedown? I mean psychological assistance would be much less of a priority than someone going into cardiac arrest but I mean amphetamine comedowns are horrible enough as it is but imagine someone who's already severely depressed, I mean I would assume for some people it could be such a negative experience it could possibly increase their risk of suicide. Am I wrong here? Also maybe something to help those experiencing stim psychosis, which could put them as well as others in danger, possibly hearing of others who have been there before would be reassuming enough to make en realize the hallucinations can't actually hurt em (yeah I realize how stubborn someone in this state is about their delusions being real, but any kinda help would probably be good).

Just some ideas sorry if they're stupid, I just really wanna contribute to the great harm reduction resources already available here.

I think everything that's been said is vital in dealing with an overdose. I've overdosed over 10 times myself and in 2007 woke up to my boyfriend overdosed in the front seat of my car. I was so high myself, just waking up from doing toomuch myself..I called 911 and began rescue breathing for him but it was too late. Its such a fine line between life and death and I got to witness that first hand. Like they've said above don't be afraid to call 911...it will save their life. Don't think OK they'll pull through this because one of those times they won't. I've lived with the guilt of not being coherent enough to get my boyfriend help and I wracked my brain with the what ifs for years. My use spiraled out of control because I was in shock and depressed and just fucked mentally. After that happened I would spring into rescue mode if someone I was with was in a slight nod. But when someone I was with was in serious trouble I knew exactly what to do which is doing everything u can to keep the person talking, awake, and conscious. If things continue to decline, blue lips, minimal breathing...call 911 immediately and tell them exactly what the person took. Don't make them try and guess or lie because it just prolongs rescue measures. In my own overdoses 9 times out of 10 benzos were involved. Its a lethal mix and anyone toying with the idea the results eventually will be inevitable. I'm lucky my family members and friends got to me in time or I wouldn't be writing this. On another note last summer I got extremely sick...high fever so high I'd blackout from it on occasion, debilitating chills, vomiting, sweating constantly until I was soaking wet. I waited and controlled it with Tylenol and continued using. I didn't want to go to the er because I knew they'd keep me and I was afraid of withdrawal. Months went by until I finally went because it went on for so long I knew something was seriously wrong. When I went in I had a fever of 107.5 they immediately put me on ice and began running tests. I had blood poisoning (sepsis) which had caused an infection on my heart valve probably from using 1 syringe multiple times or doing my cottons when I was out of dope. All of my organs were shutting down and they told my parents I prob wasn't going to pull through from this. I felt I wasn't going to...I had 3 blood transfusions was on iv antibiotics for months and continued to shoot up in my pic line because I was still an addict and sick I didn't know what else to do. After being told by my Dr if I wanted to live I had to stop I got some help and I've been clean almost 80 days. I'm still fresh in being clean but I'm doing well with it...I dnt even think about using. I think that experience may have scared me enough when nothing else would...not overdosing, seeing someone I loved not make it through an overdose. Not to mention the countless friends I've lost and continue to lose on a monthly basis. I know its a little off topic but just a warning to iv users. Sepsis and endocarditis are somewhat common in heroin addicts so take any early signs seriously because they straight up told me if I would've waited another 2 days to go to the er I prob would be dead. So glad all this awareness is being spread

^Damn, sounds like a story that could really scare a person straight! Hope you hang in there, 80 days is already a pretty damn big accomplishment!! Keep up the good work!! ;)