• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Need Advice On Detoxing from Percocet

Well, still sick. :( What a bummer. I'd rather be getting a root canal. Anxiety is up big time now. Not thinking straight about just about anything my mind gets into. As irrational as it sounds, I sometimes convince myself this will never end.

Last edited:
That's normal!!!

I know it's hard but I try and put all the mental stuff aside whilst I'm going through the physical, one step at a time and all that. I still feel all over the place emotionally at the time, I just try to not let my mind go in to thinking about life problems and that sort of thing. Plenty of time for dealing with that once you're through the detox, which will definitely end! If I feel like I'm not getting better each day I try to think back maybe a week in the process and ask myself again whether I feel the same as I did then. It can be easier to see the progress made then which is motivating.

That's normal!!!

I know it's hard but I try and put all the mental stuff aside whilst I'm going through the physical, one step at a time and all that. I still feel all over the place emotionally at the time, I just try to not let my mind go in to thinking about life problems and that sort of thing. Plenty of time for dealing with that once you're through the detox, which will definitely end! If I feel like I'm not getting better each day I try to think back maybe a week in the process and ask myself again whether I feel the same as I did then. It can be easier to see the progress made then which is motivating.
I appreciate your response. Yeah it's really hard to allow myself to wait for the detox to be over before trying to solve all of my life issues, which BTW didn't bother me to this extent before. What a weird trip this is. Can't wait for it to be over.

Well I caved this morning and took 20mg of lope after 3 days with nothing. I was just feeling so awful I needed some relief. It just made things bearable. But wow is this hard! I hope I didn't set the clock too far back.

Yep its a struggle to say the least. Can you visit a phisitian to get some medications that are not opait in nature but will help you a great deal?

Neurontin or lyrica often do wonders for RLS and other aspects
Clonodine can help with the inability to get comfortable, the burning skin ice cold sunburn shit, and other things.,.
and others.. look back at the medications post I threw up for you and at the threads where people share what hase worked for them.

Your doing great.. keep pushing and you will get to where your going... fight, fight, fight.. <3

Nothing that's worth having is easy! Keep pushing on, three days with nothing is an achievement. Maybe that small respite will give you what you need to get to the 'end' this time.

Clonodine never has helped me Neversickanymore and those other drugs have their own issues. And you're right Catinthhat, 3 days is an accomplishment. I guess this is just going to be a longer fight than I hoped but I will keep pushing on. Thanks for all the support.

Nothing that's worth having is easy! Keep pushing on, three days with nothing is an achievement. Maybe that small respite will give you what you need to get to the 'end' this time.
I've experienced that before... Taking something after a few days of unbearablleness and it did give me the break I needed to go the rest of the way. We shall see. Once, I was detoxing from a short stint on bupernorphime and one evening I couldn't take it anymore. My friend gave me one 50mg of tramadol and it helped and the next day I woke up feeling good and didn't have anymore bupe withdrawal from that day on. Go figure.

Last edited:
It´actually worked for me too but I find it a little risky to endorse. It worked beautifully for me.

It´actually worked for me too but I find it a little risky to endorse. It worked beautifully for me.
Hmm... Do you mind elaborating on that? I'm seriously looking to get clean, not stave off w/D until my next score.

Last edited:
So It Looks Like I'm Doing a Lope Taper

I couldn't stand it anymore. I needed relief. From what I've been reading, this can work for me. The key seems to be to get to the lowest possible stabilizing dose and then wean down from there. I'd appreciate any advice on how this works.

So here's where I'm at now...

I took Percaset for about 2 months, then tried to taper but couldn't get down far enough to avoid feeling pretty bad W/D. Immediately went from Perc to Tramadol for 4 days. Then found out about Lope and stopped the Tramadol and took the Lope for about 3 days before deciding I just wanted to try cold-turkey.

I went cold-turkey for 2.5 days in absolute misery. So I started on the Lope again. The Day 1 was yesterday. I took 10 pills (20mg) in the morning and felt OK for most of the day. In the evening, I started hurting pretty bad again so I took 6 pills (12mg) and felt "just OK" again for the rest of the evening and into the morning. Combined dose for the day = 32mg

Today - Day 2 - I took less of a morning dose then yesterday. So I took 8 pills (16mg) instead of 10 pills and it's mid-day and I feel OK. If I start feeling bad again this evening, I am going to take 4 pills instead of 6 (8 mg) and see if that does me.

And then just keep going down as much as possible each day. From what I have been reading, the key is to get down to a really low dose as fast as possible - at least under 20mg - then start a slower, more gradual taper toward the end, and to not draw it out more than a couple weeks or so total.

I am pretty sure that I'm out of the acute detox phase for the Percs by now since it's day 9 since my last dose of that. So I'm basically just on Lope now and will try to keep going down as much as reasonably possible over the next few days until I reach 1 pill a day. Then I'll jump off from there. From what I've read, this can work.

I probably should've just bit the bullet with the C/Turkey off the Percs but I couldn't. Anyway, this is where I am NOW and looking back makes no sense.

Again, any advice, especially from those who have successfully done this would be MUCH appreciated. I want to be clean soooo bad. :(

So the half-life of loperamide in man is 10.8 hours with a range of 9.1 - 14.4 hours. If we want to estimate how long anything takes to be eliminated from our systems we can take 6 x the half life. Then we add on four days to estimate around the time we will first see the light at the end of the tunnel.

6x10=60+ (4 x 24) = 96 +60= 156/24= 6.5 days. This is a long estimate and you will likely be out earlier, but I always think being pleasantly surprised is better then sorely disappointed. Also you have been greatly reducing your dose so your symptoms may not be that significant. Everyones withdrawals are different and trying to predict yours is tougher as you kinda bopped around to a few different chems before you jumped. But you should be out nicely before 6.5 days from you last dose.

Remember the half life. If you taper everyday it will go well for a little while and then the half life will catch up and combine with the continuous drop in dose and you will feal miserable. Drop as much as you can deal with once a week and repeat.

a tapper involves withdrawal. It takes a week for the brain to withdraw and readjust. If you do it any faster the brain will not have time to readjust. A successful taper takes you down in manageable steps. drop in dose and let the brain readjust.. repeat. If you do it faster then you will be dropping your dose faster then the brain can keep up with its adjustments and this will make you feal stronger and stronger withdrawals.

Shoot this will take forever. Damn. OK, well, then it looks like the plan should be dropping everyday from here on in until I start feeling w/d, then start the once per week taper from that dose?

Well this is disappointing but I am still determined and I WILL BEAT THIS!

Wow I turned a 3-5 day detox into a possible 2 week detox. How brilliant of me. :) Taking the lope sure wasn't worth the extra days for as little it does to take the edge off.
OH, I know what you mean, Ive been off methadone for over 2.5 weeks now, but have binging on H since then...I tried Lope yesterday, didnt buy any dope at all, the lope really didnt do anything for me either, but I think Im such an addict, I was expecting much more than the Lope actually provides, I kept waiting for it to 'kick in', but it never really did, only thing it did was calm my stomach down so I dont have the runs, I didnt feel it 'in the head' at all, still had plenty of aches and pains too, headache, etc

But you're making progress.. why not try a short taper. If this seems to just keep you in endless misery, accept the fact your going to feal rough for a few and jump off. You'll make it through. Your doing great and in a short time you will feal mush better:)

Hey Neversick...what do you have in mind when you say a "short taper"?

The thing it comes down to... really all it comes down to is accepting your going to feal really rough for six or seven days.. If you look back at when you returned to use it was right at the height of withdrawal.. three days are right about when all the drugs you were useing were completely out of your system. It does not get any worse than that, sure after being there for a day or so we can get worn down. But think about it, you have already been in the misery for way longer than you would have been if you had not returned to use. I know it sucks, really i FUCKING know as i spent a grip there and it was not my first time.

So we find ourselves slipping into a doing the same thing and expecting different results paradime.

You said before that clonodine didn't do anything for you. Its a adrenal antagonist. Your absolutely right when you say you did not notice anything, but you are not correct when you say it did nothing for you. It does allot and when it is combined with non opiate medications that relieve the other symptoms you will be very happy its on board. You also stated that the other medications I promote have their own problems, well yes this is absolutely true, but none that come on in a weeks course designed to help you detox from the opiates. Trueth. I'm not presenting a medication line that will help you skip the piper, it does not exist. I present a line of medications that will make your time in the tunnel as short and as bearable as possible.

The honest truth is that you can deal with this.. I gave you an inflated time as all people are a little different and coming to a promised time frame for relief after a huge struggle like this can crush even the strongest. At this point you will be out in 6.5 day easy. You may even be out much sooner, like 5.5. what you need to do is say fuck this im done.. I can do seven days sitting on my head is it means I will not end up doing 35 days trying to avoid it and then still have to do it anyway.

The real first victory comes when we say fuck it, no matter how I fucking feal I know there is relief at the end of this tunnel and I know its less then seven days away.. Im done playing games with myself, this is a battle I have no choice but to fight and win, im done fighting and losing over and over, so im in for the haul. Im going to feal like ass and be driven to use like its my life on the line. But Im going to stick this one out no matter what as there is relief without a doubt at the end and im not going to trudge up the same shit ass trail i have passed over and over, only to plummet for a seconds unfulfilling rest, to start the missry over again.

So how are you going to approach this victorious achievement differently? Have you been sitting around or laying around in misery, what's the fucking point of that.. if I can jump of the whale killing dose i had going and do all the shit I did, and im the farthest thing from super man, then you may consider planning some stuff to do.

You are doing this!! Fight, man your less then seven days away from the light at the end of the first tunnel and it never going to get easier so just jump already. ;)<3

Last edited: